Thread: Fliers I designed.

Fliers I designed.

Going to paste these all over south-central Oklahoma.

------ Front

Ron Paul 2008

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father

For the first time in one hundred years, the British have a higher standard of living than Americans. The Euro is currently worth more than 1.5 times than the US dollar and for the first time ever the Canadian Dollar is worth more than our own. Following World War I, Wiemar Republic Germany would print money any time they needed to fund something or pay off war debt to the French. This spawned super inflation, which in turn reduced the German Mark's value. German currency was worth so little, German citizens would burn paper money instead of firewood as the firewood was more valuable.

"We face a coming financial crisis. Our current account deficit is more than $600 billion annually. Our foreign debt is more than 3 trillion. Foreigners now own over 1.4 trillion of our Treasury and mortgage debt. We must borrow 3 billion from foreigners every business DAY to maintain our extravagant spending. Our national debt now is increasing $600 billion per year, and guess what, we print over 600 billion per year to keep the charade going. But there is a limit and I am fearful we're fast approaching it."
    -Congressman Ron Paul, M.D. September 17th, 2005

Wars cost money. Bush cut taxes. You can not cut taxes with out cutting spending. Money must come from some where. In order to finance this money has been 'borrowed' out of the social security fund- two hundred million a year, leaving it in shambles. Money is borrowed from foreign nations, most of it from Communist China. And to make up any extra difference, more money is printed which has been the case since Richard M. Nixon abolished the gold standard. The truth is, milk is four dollars a gallon, having risen faster than gasoline. This super inflation, the same ailment of pre-Nazi Germany, is destroying saving accounts robbing the elderly of money they have saved up, is slowly strangling our economy, and is a one way ticket to repeating the great stock market crash of 1929. Our dollar is worth four cents in comparison to the dollar of 1913 when the Federal Reserve and federal income tax was put into place.

Our constitution specifically states that 'only gold and silver may be used as legal tender'. Our founding fathers were smart enough to realize that with out stability, with renegade printing, that such things would occur. By going back to the gold standard we bring stability back to the dollar.

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it's realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy."
    -Congressman Ron Paul, M.D.

We should take our marching orders from the constitution. Ron Paul is the only candidate, Republican or Democrat, to say this. He is the only one to take the federal debt seriously.

Paul is the strongest supporter of the second amendment running. He is the only candidate to suggest repealing Roe vs Wade and allow the abortion debate to take place on the state level. He has never voted to raise taxes, and never voted for an unbalanced budget or to expand the size and scope of the government earning him the nick name 'Dr. No'. He supports state's rights, will reduce the scope of government and fight bureaucracy, and vows to uphold the constitution and the first ten amendments. He will restore the power to declare war to CONGRESS, where it belongs- not in the hands of the President or the United Nations!

Go to www.ronpaul08.com to learn more.
    Restore the Republic in 2008! Fight for our liberty and future!

----- Back

Originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Ron Paul has represented Texas districts in the U.S. House of Representatives (1976–1977, 1979–1985, and 1997–present). Paul placed a distant third in the 1988 presidential election, running as the Libertarian nominee while remaining a registered Republican. After his 1961 graduation from Duke University School of Medicine and a residency in obstetrics and gynecology, he became a U.S. Air Force flight surgeon. He has had one wife, the same woman for over fifty years. As a medical doctor he delivered over 4000 babies, and when patients tried to pay him with Medicare or other government finance programs he refused and took care of them for free. Every year Congressman Paul returns a good portion of his pay-check to the US Treasury and is strongly opposed to pension plans for Congressmen.

"Those who would trade freedom for security are deserving of neither and will lose both."
    ~Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father

Ron Paul voted against the so called 'Patriot Act' as it ran in 2003. Although the Act was passed, it has been criticized from its inception for weakening protections of civil liberties. In particular, authorization of indefinite detentions of immigrants; "sneak and peek" searches through which law enforcement officers search a home or business without the owner’s or the occupant’s permission or knowledge; the expanded use of "National Security Letters," which allow the FBI to search telephone, email and financial records without a court order; and the expanded access of law enforcement agencies to business records, including library and financial records. Since its passage, several legal challenges have been brought against the act, and Federal courts have ruled that a number of provisions are unconstitutional. Ron Paul voted against the REAL ID Act of 2005, which Oklahoma (GOD BLESS OKLAHOMA!) has joined Maine and many other states in opposing, all parties involved arguing that it is an attempt to create a national ID card.

"I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us the less we use our power the greater it will be."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, Founding Father

Dr. Paul voted for our attack on Afghanistan following 9-11 but against the Iraq war resolution and strongly opposes our presence in that nation stating that going to war over an UN resolution was unconstitutional and that there was no proof that Saddam Hussein supported al-Qaeda on any level. He believes strongly in a phased withdrawal from the region, as well as from several other occupied countries such as South Korea, Japan, and Germany. We spend one trillion dollars annually to fund our military bases the world over and this would allow the Federal Government to repay the borrowed money from social security. Ron Paul has received more donations from US Soldiers than any other candidate running.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
    ~Dwight Eisenhower, Republican, Veteran General of World War II, 34th President. 1961

"Now the Democrats on the Joint Economic Committee have released a report on the total costs of the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan including 'hidden costs' such as interest on the money we're borrowing and long-term healthcare for veterans. The bill comes to $3.5 trillion. If 3.5 trillion is the true cost of these military adventures, 11,500 is the amount every man, woman, and child in this country pays. So, a family of four would pay $46,000 just for this war. In other words, war has cost more than an entire year's worth of income from each middle class Texas family."
    ~Ron Paul, Republican candidate for president.

Congressman Paul won 10% of the vote in the Iowa Caucus, beating Rudolph Giuliani at 4% and coming just behind John McCain and Fred Thompson at 13%. He defeated Thompson in New Hampshire and nearly tied Rudy there. He has raised more money than any Republican candidate except two. Paul had the largest one-day fundraiser in U.S. political history, raising over $6 million in 24 hours.

Integrity, honesty, sound fiscal planning- Ron Paul for president.

-----

Suggestions? Red, white, and blue is the color. Text is blue, head liner is Red (obviously). I tried to hit on points that would be more important to Oklahoma Republicans (can't switch parties in Oklahoma any longer and have to be a registered Publican to vote for Paul).

Many people in Rural Oklahoma don't have internet access or a will to look things up about candidates so it's important I list facts and back them up with arguments which should explain the length and potency of the information displayed. It was also important to list that he has done well, seeing as most people will have never heard of him.

I tested it on my step-father (he's definitely a Southern Democrat, a dixiecrat like Huckabee. XD). It hit home. Here's hoping it has the same effect on Republicans.

Edit: Format didn't carry over. Fixed.

Edit 2: Or not. I did indent paragraphs. Don't worry. -_-;
    Last edited by Silvsilvchan; 01-13-2008 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Formating.
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, but the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

Dwight Eisenhower, REPUBLICAN, VETERAN GENERAL OF WORLD WAR II. 1961

Just thought I would say, if saying "military industrial complex" makes you crazy then we have had a lot of crazy people in office.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe it's just me, but that seems like an awful lot of text to expect people to read.

It's been my experience that flyers generally are most effective with a small amount of info.
    "In the beginning of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
    - Mark Twain

That's the feed back I got. Maybe I should just stuff these in mail boxes.

I could also design a smaller one for alternative use. Sides that, have you ever seen Idiocracy? I suspect most of Ron Paul's detractors are going to be people that think reading is for **** and most of his supporters intellectuals.

... man that's bleak. But yeah. I also have a Ron Paul stamper. >> *defaces more currency*
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, but the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

Dwight Eisenhower, REPUBLICAN, VETERAN GENERAL OF WORLD WAR II. 1961

Just thought I would say, if saying "military industrial complex" makes you crazy then we have had a lot of crazy people in office.

The shorter the message the more likely it will be read.