Thread: Urgent- Please get this very brief message to Ron Paul.

Urgent- Please get this very brief message to Ron Paul.

It is not Ron Paul's fault at all that he is making an error but...

It sounds bad when in response to accusations of racism, "Then why do the blacks support me?"

I don't know what the proper thing to call people with dark skin is these days but the campaign and, more specifically, need to get a better way of referring to that group of people.

The problem is that dark skinned people keep changing what they want to be called. The preferred term was once negro, then colored, then people of color, then dark skinned, then Afro-American, then black, then African American, and then black again.

It's really very confusing especially when you have organizations like the NAACP (the C being colored?)

I think Ron Paul should probably just use the word minorities but in any event he should consult with a team of political strategists to develop a more effective way of deflecting the racism accusations.

He also frequently makes the mistake of repeating the false accusations as in "You say I hate black people but I don't hate black people..."

That is not a good way to address this.

The truth is that Ron Paul is not at all a racist but he is so flabbergasted at how preposterous the accusations are that he seems exasperated and that makes him not react in the most effective way.

Please forward this info to HQ fast and improve or clarify this message as you see fit.

Just make sure Ron Paul gets it soon.
    Last edited by noztnac; 01-13-2008 at 02:02 AM. Reason: made the blacks bold

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree completely, "the blacks" sounds absolutely horrible. If nothing else, say "black people". I think your suggestion of using the term "minorities" is probably the best though.

In general I feel he is doing a very poor job of handling this situation. This is not a matter to take lightly; how this plays out could very well destroy his already slim chances of winning the nomination. I'd rather he take his cues on this from someone like Jessie Jackson than the numskulls who are advising him on it now.

Does he still have a lot of support in the black community, or has this incident hurt him? I would like to hear what black RP supporters think of it, because at marches and rallies i've been to, there have been quite a few black supporters.

I think the biggest loss is the guilty white liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    I agree completely, "the blacks" sounds absolutely horrible. If nothing else, say "black people". I think your suggestion of using the term "minorities" is probably the best though.

In general I feel he is doing a very poor job of handling this situation. This is not a matter to take lightly; how this plays out could very well destroy his already slim chances of winning the nomination. I'd rather he take his cues on this from someone like Jessie Jackson than the numskulls who are advising him on it now.
    drop "the" and just say "blacks."

"The black community" or "African Americans" are always safe options.
    </gov't>

Want to be a delegate? Go here: http://www.republicansource.com/primaries.htm

Detailed guide on becoming a delegate: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...567#post412567

Last edited by fireworks_god; 01-13-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Nm.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    Does he still have a lot of support in the black community, or has this incident hurt him? I would like to hear what black RP supporters think of it, because at marches and rallies i've been to, there have been quite a few black supporters.
    My next door neighbors are Afr-American and they support him.

Also, when we first moved in, I was talking to some other people on our street about our dog that we bought from the neighbors, who bred her. Someone goes, "Oh you bought her from the blacks?" I was all offended and then my husband reminded me their last name is Black! So he was saying "from the Blacks"!!
    To quote Michael Scott, "It goin' be Zoppity!!!!!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tip-toe, tip-toe.

Jesus Christ.
    'The Nation, which indulges towards another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness, is in some degree a slave.' Washington

All the perplexities, confusions, and distress in America arise, not from defects in their constitution or confederation, not from want of honour and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation. John Adams

'Can't move 'em with a cold thing like economics.' Arthur Griffith, founder Sinn Fein

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonT View Post
    Tip-toe, tip-toe.

Jesus Christ.
    O yeah, the Paul campaign can say whatever they want because it's all about freedom. No, you don't understand perception. If he refers to African Americans as "the blacks" when other politicians use PC terms, it doesn't look that great. He already has a tough enough time because of his views on various issues, he might as well give himself a break and give in to the use of PC language, especially when racist newsletters are in the limelight.

O yeah, the Paul campaign can say whatever they want because it's all about freedom. No, you don't understand perception. If he refers to African Americans as "the blacks" when other politicians use PC terms, it doesn't look that great. He already has a tough enough time because of his views on various issues, he might as well give himself a break and give in to the use of PC language, especially when racist newsletters are in the limelight.
    To me, when McCain and Romney using PC language is a joke, and it probably is to most African-Americans. It's not believable.

But, it actually may be a good idea to use above-suggested terms in place. My point is that if this is what voters are worried about they have some extremely mixed up priorities.

But, most Americans are idiots, so...
    'The Nation, which indulges towards another an habitual hatred or an habitual fondness, is in some degree a slave.' Washington

All the perplexities, confusions, and distress in America arise, not from defects in their constitution or confederation, not from want of honour and virtue, so much as downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation. John Adams

'Can't move 'em with a cold thing like economics.' Arthur Griffith, founder Sinn Fein

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    I agree completely, "the blacks" sounds absolutely horrible.
    Oh for crying out... as long as he's not using the "N" word, isn't that good enough? Sheesh.

Oops!

I believe this post belongs on the Campaign Suggestion Box thread.
    "The solution to our problems is not more paternalism, laws, decrees, and controls, but the restoration of liberty and free enterprise, the restoration of incentives, to let loose the tremendous constructive energies of 300 million Americans." Henry Hazlitt

Americans only please

When Dr. Paul is asked about his "African American" support he should just say "I don't think in these hyphenated American terms. I am speaking to Americans, and I hope that Americans are listening."

It is time to start pushing back against the collectivist racists.
    "The solution to our problems is not more paternalism, laws, decrees, and controls, but the restoration of liberty and free enterprise, the restoration of incentives, to let loose the tremendous constructive energies of 300 million Americans." Henry Hazlitt

Trolls are posting, let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonT View Post
    To me, when McCain and Romney using PC language is a joke, and it probably is to most African-Americans. It's not believable.

But, it actually may be a good idea to use above-suggested terms in place. My point is that if this is what voters are worried about they have some extremely mixed up priorities.

But, most Americans are idiots, so...
    Yeah it is a joke and so is Romney crying when he talks of black people being allowed into the Mormon ministry/priesthood/whatever it is. The point is Americans are STUPID a lot of the time and they will buy anything. If Ron is running for President, he has to play politics. And if you're going to play politics than you have to give in to all the PC wordings these people use, or else you can easily be attacked for it. Doesn't matter that the people attacking you are racists themselves, it's just the way things work

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by basevolgal View Post
    My next door neighbors are Afr-American and they support him.

Also, when we first moved in, I was talking to some other people on our street about our dog that we bought from the neighbors, who bred her. Someone goes, "Oh you bought her from the blacks?" I was all offended and then my husband reminded me their last name is Black! So he was saying "from the Blacks"!!
    lol.