Thread: John Adams HBO mini-series in March

John Adams HBO mini-series in March

Looks good from the previews.

http://www.hbo.com/films/johnadams/index.html
    All your voter base are belong to us!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps this will wake up the Americans.

they won't watch it, and if they did wouldn't understand it. you don't realize how dumb the average voter is.

John Adams was all about big government as I recall from my little bit of American History. He and Hamilton were the opposites of Madison and Jefferson. Adams and Hamilton believed our rights were derived from the consent of the governed -- meaning as long as there was consensus we could allow one another to have freedom. As I recall Jefferson, much like Ron Paul, believed our liberties came from our rights given to us by our creator, not by the government.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Adams had his good and his bad moments. On the bad side he launched a fierce attack against free speech when he pushed for the law that jailed journalists. On the good side, he risked his life to be part of the revolution and he sacrificed another 4 years as president in order to keep us out of a European war while the nation and Thomas Jefferson himself was beating the war drums. Adams is not my favorite president, but he has alot to be praised for.
    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his own enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Can we somehow see if Tom Hanks would be up for a Ron Paul endorsement? A passionate speech from Tom Hanks- a celebrity with probably the best positives of them all would do us as much good as Oprah's endorsement of Obama.
    Tom Hanks seems like a reasonable and well educated/aware dude. Please somebody write an open letter to Tom Hanks and hopefully it will make its way to Tom through the magic of internet tubes.