Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the people who called up and harrased the town clerk of Sutton, NH?

Who are the people who called up and harrased the town clerk of Sutton, NH?

I read this article about how there was a clerical error on Ron Paul's 31 votes in Sutton, NH and how people were calling, complaining to, hrrassing and even threatening the town clerk of Sutton, NH. What are some people's problems? This kind of stuff seems to come out of Ron Paul supporters all the time. I mean, e-mailing Fox News or CBS or Howard Stern to get them to support Ron Paul is one thing, but harassing individual people like the town clerk of some place in NH is ridiculous! I also also remember people were harrasing the guy who ran some debate in August in Iowa in which Ron Paul was excluded. And having a screaming mob chase down Sean Hannity? How did this culture of harassment get put into place with Ron Paul's supporters? It's ironic but for supporters of a candidate who is against threatening and bullying potential enemies of our country, his supporters sure do a hell of a job of threatening and bulling enemies and non-enemies of their candidate.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/p...12/1043/NEWS01
    Last edited by King Crimson; 01-12-2008 at 01:12 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's lots of help that becomes hurt for this campaign.

For instance, the unorganized calling of people in IA and NH lead to multiple households receiving many calls from grassroots RP supporters. They assumed this was a headquartered effort and were more annoyed than anything else. Make the calls? Yes. In an Ad Hoc manner? No.

It sounds like some supporters are blaming this old woman for RP losing in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by reverse View Post
    There's lots of help that becomes hurt for this campaign.

For instance, the unorganized calling of people in IA and NH lead to multiple households receiving many calls from grassroots RP supporters. They assumed this was a headquartered effort and were more annoyed than anything else. Make the calls? Yes. In an Ad Hoc manner? No.
    This is all the more reason for the campaign to step it up. The grassroots is trying to fill the gaps in what they see the campaign not doing.

"And having a screaming mob chase down Sean Hannity?"

They broke no law. And it wasn't really them chasing him. They just followed him and yelled about him and faux being bias. I don't see any issue with this. They didn't harm him, and they spoke the truth.

People probably did go to far with the Sutton clerk. But I wouldn't trust any article that tries to make it look like the loss of 32 votes in unimportant. Every vote is important even if it doesn't change the results by much. If they aren't why should ANYONE vote?

Wasn't it these folks who threw the snowballs at Hannity?

The votes weren't lost. According to the article it was a clerical error which was corrected the next morning.

The mob chasing down Sean Hannity broke no law, but it was clearly done by Ron Paul supporters which makes his candidacy look bad. Bombarding the town clerk of Sutton, NH also broke no law but it's stupid and counter productive. You're representing Ron Paul when you do that and it turns people off.

Quote Originally Posted by driller80545 View Post
    It sounds like some supporters are blaming this old woman for RP losing in NH.
    The "old woman" is 35, according to the article.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Wasn't it these folks who threw the snowballs at Hannity?
    OH MY GOD? REALLY? a SNOWBALL?????????????
    Official Campaign Donations: Nov 5th, $100 - Nov 20th, $50 - Nov 30th, $40 - Dec 16th Tea Party $250 - Free at Last, $50
    ChipIns: Ron Paul Riders, $10 - Arab American Newspaper Ad, $20 - 5 For Freedom, $5 - Llepard USA Today Ad reprint, $5
    Ronpaulblimp: $50

VA Ballot Petition: 26 Signatures

www.RonPaulVa.com Become a VA Ron Paul Delegate!

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    The votes weren't lost. According to the article it was a clerical error which was corrected the next morning.

The mob chasing down Sean Hannity broke no law, but it was clearly done by Ron Paul supporters which makes his candidacy look bad. Bombarding the town clerk of Sutton, NH also broke no law but it's stupid and counter productive. You're representing Ron Paul when you do that and it turns people off.
    I'll point out that I didn't bother that lady. Just so ya'll know.

And I don't know about the Sean Hannity thing making the candidacy look bad. Most people I've talked with understand it was grassroots and they think it's what fox and Hannity deserved (even Huck/Ghoul supporters).

"Human error, by someone unknown, caused Call's office to claim Paul received zero votes from the town during Tuesday's first-in-the-nation primary.

Paul actually got a whopping 31 votes.

Out of 920 cast.

Launch an investigation. Alert the media. "

Whether it was an error or on purpose (I believe it was an error) it's still unacceptable. I don't think it was handled properly, but I also don't think that the people who did it are as horrible as it seems to me you do.

I read this article about how there was a clerical error on Ron Paul's 31 votes in Sutton, NH and how people were calling, complaining to, hrrassing and even threatening the town clerk of Sutton, NH. What are some people's problems? This kind of stuff seems to come out of Ron Paul supporters all the time. I mean, e-mailing Fox News or CBS or Howard Stern to get them to support Ron Paul is one thing, but harassing individual people like the town clerk of some place in NH is ridiculous! I also also remember people were harrasing the guy who ran some debate in August in Iowa in which Ron Paul was excluded. And having a screaming mob chase down Sean Hannity? How did this culture of harassment get put into place with Ron Paul's supporters? It's ironic but for supporters of a candidate who is against threatening and bullying potential enemies of our country, his supporters sure do a hell of a job of threatening and bulling enemies and non-enemies of their candidate.

It happens because there are some people who are so sick and tired of the establishment controlling the system, that there's a level of anger inside people about it.

I know it's the wrong way to go about things, but some people are so angry inside about what's wrong with this country, that the anger causes them to act irrationally.

It's no different really, then if a bully at school continually picks on you until finally you snap and beat the living $#@! out of him.

Human beings can only take so much abuse.

The key is finding a way to control this anger, and put it to more useful purposes.

I'm already starting to see this movement become divided. This is how all movements are killed. DIVISION.

This lady is lying. She probably got SWAMPED by calls, and some of the calls were from media as well, about Ron Pauls missing votes. Shes angry about it, so shes claiming she was threatened etc.. And she's acting like its no big deal, just "human error". This is a HUGE deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreApathy View Post
    It happens because there are some people who are so sick and tired of the establishment controlling the system, that there's a level of anger inside people about it.

I know it's the wrong way to go about things, but some people are so angry inside about what's wrong with this country, that the anger causes them to act irrationally.

It's no different really, then if a bully at school continually picks on you until finally you snap and beat the living $#@! out of him.

Human beings can only take so much abuse.

The key is finding a way to control this anger, and put it to more useful purposes.

I'm already starting to see this movement become divided. This is how all movements are killed. DIVISION.
    The thing is, and this makes me angry too, it is not the movement or the grassroots. Its the damn stupid general public. They complain about taxes, the war, overspending, inflation, big government, etc. but when somebody comes along willing to work on fixing these things, he is portrayed as a kook. No wonder everyone is angry here. But portraying anger to the stupid public just scares them and makes them think that we are the last people to fix things. It is a difficult problem. The public can only be made aware in the same way you teach a child. By calmly saying the same things over and over again with infinite patience. As soon as you scare them, they run.

Quote Originally Posted by Soccrmastr View Post
    This lady is lying. She probably got SWAMPED by calls, and some of the calls were from media as well, about Ron Pauls missing votes. Shes angry about it, so shes claiming she was threatened etc.. And she's acting like its no big deal, just "human error". This is a HUGE deal.
    It doesn't take much to make an old lady feel threatened.

Who are the people who reported the wrong numbers and pretended as though they did not commit a pathetic error? Who are the people who sat back and turned the situation into an attack on those that were wrongfully uncounted? Who are the people that choose to label those who wish for all votes to be counted accurately as "conspiracy nuts"? Who? Who? Who?

While I may not be one of those people who called this woman, I respect the effort of the majority of them. We need these people who are unafraid to question authority regardless of how uncomfortable it may make some of you at times. And just consider for a moment that perhaps everyone who called her was respectful and merely questioned how such a foolish error could go unnoticed. Consider Mrs. Call may be extremely embarrassed as her credibility within her little town is severely marred and she can't own up to her deliberate fraud or inept abilities.

JMHOs
    "When the people fear the government you have tyrrany. When the goverment fears the people you have freedom." Thomas Jefferson

The thing is, and this makes me angry too, it is not the movement or the grassroots. Its the damn stupid general public. They complain about taxes, the war, overspending, inflation, big government, etc. but when somebody comes along willing to work on fixing these things, he is portrayed as a kook. No wonder everyone is angry here. But portraying anger to the stupid public just scares them and makes them think that we are the last people to fix things. It is a difficult problem. The public can only be made aware in the same way you teach a child. By calmly saying the same things over and over again with infinite patience. As soon as you scare them, they run.
    We also can't rule out foul play either. How easy is it for an anti-RP to call up and harass and threaten? TOO EASY.

And just like that, with a quick little news piece about it, the whole movement is tainted.

Agents Provocateurs.

In case you might not be aware of what they are, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate SY View Post
    "And having a screaming mob chase down Sean Hannity?"

They broke no law. And it wasn't really them chasing him. They just followed him and yelled about him and faux being bias. I don't see any issue with this. They didn't harm him, and they spoke the truth.

People probably did go to far with the Sutton clerk. But I wouldn't trust any article that tries to make it look like the loss of 32 votes in unimportant. Every vote is important even if it doesn't change the results by much. If they aren't why should ANYONE vote?
    You're right. They didn't hurt Hannity. They hurt the image of the campaign and helped to bolster the opinion that Paul and his supporters are kooks.

Wow, now that is crazy.

Please stop this non sense immediately.

Those responsible need arrested and charged with verbal assault and harassment. Seriously.

We are all frustrated, but to do this to a poll worker is UNACCEPTABLE. These people aren't even paid for this and here we are upset over voting machines, but let me ask you, how many people are going to want to volunteer to work the polling stations and count votes by hand if peoples lives are being threatened.

We are better than this people.

What did this lady expect, that if she says it was a mistake everyone would let it go? this is a SERIOUS matter and cannot be taken as lightly as she and others are taking it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreApathy View Post
    We also can't rule out foul play either. How easy is it for an anti-RP to call up and harass and threaten? TOO EASY.

And just like that, with a quick little news piece about it, the whole movement is tainted.

Agents Provocateurs.

In case you might not be aware of what they are, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur
    Maybe we need to launch some of these "agent provocateurs". I won't do it, though, because I consider it underhanded. a crutch

harrassing the lady is one thing, but leaving her completely alone? her office $#@!ed up. of course they need to hear about it. elections are serious business.
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Maybe we need to launch some of these "agent provocateurs". I won't do it, though, because I consider it underhanded. a crutch
    It wouldn't work for us anyway. Number 1, it wouldn't be covered by the media, and number 2, it wouldn't be as believable, because now WE'RE looked at as the crazy loony $#@!s.

i have asked simple questions of local govt and have had it falsely exaggerated and labeled "harassment." asking questions has become unpatriotic you know. my guess is that is the same thing that is happening here. they are just pissed off that people are finally noticing the corruption and complacency that has been under the radar for so long.

keep up the pressure. ask questions. demand answers.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Soccrmastr View Post
    absolutely

Paul actually got a whopping 31 votes.

Out of 920 cast
    ...Paul's 31 votes got lost in the shuffle
    ..got skipped, or maybe I missed it. It was that simple
    lets ask him/her, how many votes should have really 'mattered'.

How can she be sure that all were Ron Paul supporters?
    There may be several such incidents in future and will be attributed to Ron Paul supporters by default.

The guys who called/ "harassed" her they did so because they feared their votes lost. Their votes, not Ron Paul's, anyone supporting anybody could have done that, what they want to potray us as..psychos? Why he meant that only Ron Paul supporters can do that??
    Superficially how will people know that the error is a deliberate one or just a 'simple' human error??

...most of these people are not rational
    you needn't open every door in the asylum to realize that you are in a madhouse

Current and ex Alex Jones listeners
    Where do you place this guy vis-a-vis AJ ? 1 2

Guest: Eustace Mullins

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We should be able to tell the agent provocateurs from the average ron paul supporters. If someone should behave in this way, the red flag should immediately go up to tell us that it does not represent us. The problem is I can't tell the difference.

Many of us are doing exactly what an agent provocateur would do to marginalize a group. I've seen it too many times to believe they are all agent provocateurs. Now half of us can't see that throwing snowballs, chasing people down, verbally harassing, and screaming conspiracy at everything is destructive. So I will use another example from another campaign.

Recently at a a Hillary speech, some clowns in the audience acted like "agent provocateurs". They told her to go home and iron some shirts, which riled the crowd up against these people. The women were especially ouraged, becase it is a political hot button. This played over and over in the news, and ended up in a net gain for Hillary. So, Hillary's most ardent protestors, may have helped her win NH.

Every time one of our incidents breaks through the news, it reiterates in people's minds that we are wacky, angry, radical people. I think people are reaching a tipping point, where their mind is going to BLOCK OUT anything Ron Paul releated. What a tragedy.

ANother eample is the 911 truthers, who go around chanting "inside job" at high profile events, like getting in Bill Clinton's face, etc. Now I'm not against the movement, and have serious questions myself, but the way these people act remind me of a movement completley taken over by agent provocateres. Their movement is small enough to where it is possible, and the net result is people hate them, and therefore the message is marginalized. If you take yourself out of your libertarian, Ron Paul loving, bias, you should understand that a large number of us have in effect done the job of agent provocateur.. Now go on and bash me as a collectivist thinking, freedom hating, troll, for being a realist.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

It was a clerical error that was reported as 100% correct AND it was ONLY changed once the uproar started. You would think ANYBODY would see a zero and say "hmm, that looks odd LET ME DOUBLE CHECK"...

There was a lot of spin in that story, I'm sure most people who called were civil. The media wants to make this all emotional. Ms. Call, if you can't handle the trauma of voters being interested in your mistake, then you're in the wrong line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by traitorist View Post
    i have asked simple questions of local govt and have had it falsely exaggerated and labeled "harassment." asking questions has become unpatriotic you know. my guess is that is the same thing that is happening here. they are just pissed off that people are finally noticing the corruption and complacency that has been under the radar for so long.

keep up the pressure. ask questions. demand answers.
    You've gotta love it. We ask them questions aobut the votes and complying with election laws and they call it "harrassment".

Meanwhile we can be harrassed and questioned by police without even a statement of charges or probable cause and noone calls it "harrassment".

This kind of stuff seems to come out of Ron Paul supporters all the time.
    Really? I have never seen it. I think you are mistaking Ron Paul supporters with Huckabee supporters. My bet is you are a Huckabee supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    This is all the more reason for the campaign to step it up. The grassroots is trying to fill the gaps in what they see the campaign not doing.
    The official campaign doesn't seem to have a clue what they are doing. I have a feeling that Ron is sticking with them out of some sense of loyalty that they don't deserve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast