Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 304

Thread: Paul supporters 'freak out' town clerk

  1. #1

    Default Paul supporters 'freak out' town clerk

    From the Concord Monitor today:

    Paul supporters 'freak out' town clerk Vote-counting flub draws ire, threats

    By RAY DUCKLER
    Monitor staff

    January 12. 2008 12:20AM


    Jennifer Call's eyes searched the office for nothing in particular. Her arms waved and her fear spilled out.
    "This is where I grew up," Sutton's town clerk said yesterday. "This is my hometown, this is where my family is, and all of sudden, my name is being splashed across the internet as this horrible person. And the frightening part is, I don't know these people and they don't know me."
    Call wants the nationwide army of boisterous Ron Paul supporters, believers in more conspiracy theories than Oliver Stone, to know that she's committed no crime.
    Not treason, as the dozens of phone callers screamed. Not fraud, as the dozens of e-mails charged. Nothing.
    Human error, by someone unknown, caused Call's office to claim Paul received zero votes from the town during Tuesday's first-in-the-nation primary.
    Paul actually got a whopping 31 votes.
    Out of 920 cast.
    Launch an investigation. Alert the media.
    The mistake was corrected early the next morning, but that hardly mattered. The Paul machine, upon reading the number in print, quickly went into counteroffensive mode.
    This is luck at its worst. Screw up Rudy Giuliani's vote total. Or John McCain's. Or John Edwards's. Or Bill Richardson's.
    But never, ever get anything wrong when it comes to Paul and his voting tally. If you do, fans who shouted from the rooftops through the primary season will track you down and chew you out.
    "Most of the these people are not rational," Call said.
    Read the rest at link above.

    ______________________________________________________

    Ron Paul for the Long Haul!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3

    Default

    So she thought that it would make things better by name calling Ron Paul supporters?

  5. #4

    Default

    Just an FYI fro the article:
    Ray Duckler can be reached at rduckler@cmonitor.com

    Take it for what you will but I don't think I ever heard an apology in that article. This is the closest:
    "He's (Gill) reading off his results, I'm writing them down on the return," Call said. "I don't know why it was blank. I don't know if he skipped over it or if someone interrupted him to repeat the last name and it got skipped, or maybe I missed it. It was that simple."


    I would have liked her to at least say "I'm sorry".
    R[∃vo˩]ution

    I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    Just an FYI fro the article:
    Ray Duckler can be reached at rduckler@cmonitor.com

    Take it for what you will but I don't think I ever heard an apology in that article. This is the closest:
    "He's (Gill) reading off his results, I'm writing them down on the return," Call said. "I don't know why it was blank. I don't know if he skipped over it or if someone interrupted him to repeat the last name and it got skipped, or maybe I missed it. It was that simple."


    I would have liked her to at least say "I'm sorry".
    If anyone should be apologizing, it's the campaign for the behavior of its supporters. An honest mistake was made and swiftly corrected, and this woman gets harrassed for it? Who does that kind of behavior help?

  7. #6

    Default

    I can't say i approve of the behavior, correspondence should be done in a respectful manner but i will say that our supporters are showing "we're not gonna take it anymore"

    Our motto has become REVOLUTION but also remember it implies 'love' too. I ask that all please take care to be somewhat courteous in any future 'demands'.

  8. #7

    Default threats should mean jail

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFallopian View Post
    If anyone should be apologizing, it's the campaign for the behavior of its supporters. An honest mistake was made and swiftly corrected, and this woman gets harrassed for it? Who does that kind of behavior help?
    The campaign has nothing to apologize for because the campaign is not behind the boorish behavior of some who call themselves Ron Paul supporters.

    That there are Ron Paul supporters STUPID enough to call and scare the heck out of someone is a fact.

    Read ronpaulforums if you don't believe me.

    Read some of the absolute crap written here.

    This lady ought to receive protection, paid for by the taxpayers, and anyone STUPID enough to make threats ought to be locked up; cause it isn't right to make threats.

    I'd say what she has experienced is likely as it is described in the article.

    Anyone wants to send her some flowers, probably would be a nice gesture.

    First, get her some armed guards and let's hope some good cops hunt down the absolute morons who have been tormenting her.

  9. #8

    Default

    Paul actually got a whopping 31 votes.

    Out of 920 cast.



    I think this article is slightly misrepresenting things. That 920 votes were both Democrat and Republican. Ron Paul got 31 votes out of 300+ Republican is more like it. Somewhere around 9 percent of the Republican vote.

    That might be small change to the Concord Monitor. Fine. Let them give me 9 percent of their yearly income then.

    I would never call or write this woman, a waste of time, but I'm glad somebody got her to cough up the votes that fell on the floor of the voting booth, and I'll always

    Remember Sutton!

  10. #9

    Default beside the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly1 View Post
    Paul actually got a whopping 31 votes.

    Out of 920 cast.



    I think this article is slightly misrepresenting things. That 920 votes were both Democrat and Republican. Ron Paul got 31 votes out of 300+ Republican is more like it. Somewhere around 9 percent of the Republican vote.

    That might be small change to the Concord Monitor. Fine. Let them give me 9 percent of their yearly income then.

    I would never call or write this woman, a waste of time, but I'm glad somebody got her to cough up the votes that fell on the floor of the voting booth, and I'll always

    Remember Sutton!
    Why is she the known villain?

    It is wrong to make false accusations.

    What shred of proof is there that this woman did anything wrong?

    Who but a complete idiot would make threats against her?

    Who but a coward calls and threatens someone over the telephone?

    Sure, the 31 votes matter because they weren't originally counted.

    Is anything more important than that the rights of an individual be respected?

    This lady doesn't deserve this treatment.

    Anything else is beside the point.

  11. #10

    Default

    this really only begs one question, If Jennifer Call didn't write the wrong vote down, then:

    WHO WROTE DOWN THE WRONG VOTE?

    gimmie a name
    Until she fesses up who forged the wrong tally for Paul, then she deserves every single little damn bit of hell she receives. Give her Hell till she Confesses who it was that forged the wrong tally. Dont dare let her weasel out with a plea for pity!
    Last edited by nc4rp; 01-12-2008 at 01:23 AM.
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John P Slevin View Post
    The campaign has nothing to apologize for because the campaign is not behind the boorish behavior of some who call themselves Ron Paul supporters.

    That there are Ron Paul supporters STUPID enough to call and scare the heck out of someone is a fact.

    Read ronpaulforums if you don't believe me.

    Read some of the absolute crap written here.

    This lady ought to receive protection, paid for by the taxpayers, and anyone STUPID enough to make threats ought to be locked up; cause it isn't right to make threats.

    I'd say what she has experienced is likely as it is described in the article.

    Anyone wants to send her some flowers, probably would be a nice gesture.

    First, get her some armed guards and let's hope some good cops hunt down the absolute morons who have been tormenting her.
    Yeah, I was just suggesting that the actual campaign say or do something to distance itself from that kind of behavior by the lunatic fringe. Harrassment leads to articles like this one being written, and that in turn leads the public to associate the campaign with abusive and petty actions.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John P Slevin View Post
    Why is she the known villain?

    It is wrong to make false accusations.

    What shred of proof is there that this woman did anything wrong?

    Who but a complete idiot would make threats against her?

    Who but a coward calls and threatens someone over the telephone?

    Sure, the 31 votes matter because they weren't originally counted.

    Is anything more important than that the rights of an individual be respected?

    This lady doesn't deserve this treatment.

    Anything else is beside the point.
    Where did I call her a villian? And, who are you?

    I didn't say she did anything wrong. I think it was good of her to give Ron Paul his votes when confronted with their mistake. I don't even know who she is, but I assume she's the one in charge of that office. And I don't know who is responsible for the mistake or why it happened when it shouldn't have happened.

    It was stupid of the Concord Monitor to mention her name if they are so afraid of the skeery RP supporters.

    That leads me to believe that 1) They are not afraid, this is a disinformation article, and 2) It is not RP supporters that sent her those messages but someone else trying to shed a poor light on RP supporters.

    Because, after all, anybody can claim to be anything over the phone or by email.

    You've never heard of dirty tricks?

    Well guess what? I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and I'm a normal, successful, pretty, smart, kind, and reasonable individual.

    Surprised, Concord Monitor? Don't be. There are tens of thousands just like me.

    Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Last edited by Molly1; 01-12-2008 at 01:25 AM.

  14. #13

    Default

    Generations of lives have been destroyed. Families have morned the loss of their loved ones. Millions of people have died to make America a free country where each and every one of those 31 votes gets counted. The Concord Monitor and vote supervisors can trivialize this all they want, but I find it offensive.

    Even if the recount progresses and not one more vote error is discovered, counting these 31 votes makes it all worth it.

    Thank you Mr.Howard.
    Precinct 12 For Victory !!!
    *** Over 500 Served ***

  15. #14

    Default

    We are not Ron Paul "fans". This is not an athletic competition. This is a life and death struggle for our Republic.
    *************************************


    Matthew Chapters 23 + 24

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly1 View Post
    There are tens of thousands just like me.
    Try millions.

    BTW, is anybody planning to stake these places out so that the trucks can be followed when they transport the ballots to the SOS office to do the recount?

  17. #16

    Default

    it could be an honest mistake because the new hampshire ballot is very long, with many candidates. all it takes is a little cash to run for president in new hampshire.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    it could be an honest mistake because the new hampshire ballot is very long, with many candidates. all it takes is a little cash to run for president in new hampshire.
    what kinda idiots do they have running the voting there if they cant properly record a number from one peice of paper to another. i mean a 7 year old could do that. = clearly indicates fraud, and they thought they could slide with it. Look to the person that Actually wrote the Zero vote down for Paul. THAT guy is the criminal here.
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-n-Mad View Post
    Try millions.

    BTW, is anybody planning to stake these places out so that the trucks can be followed when they transport the ballots to the SOS office to do the recount?
    good point.
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John P Slevin View Post
    What shred of proof is there that this woman did anything wrong?
    The vote count for Ron Paul was missing.

    Do you have any evidence this was done by mistake?

    I'm not advocating threatening people, but HOW THE HELL DO YOU LEAVE THE VOTE CARD BLANK AT THE END OF THE DAY?!!?!? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SIT IN YOUR GARAGE ALL DAY CHECKING PEOPLE IN FOR??

    You guys make this sound like she was filling out voter cards all day. She only had to fill out one or two and she screwed up. She doesn't deserve threats, but I don't know why people are making this woman out to be some sort of angel, she SCREWED UP BIG TIME. It's completely unacceptable to do what she did in an election.

    The newspaper should be printing a retraction for the 900 vote BS. He wasn't competing against the dems, and that percentage he actually got is higher than his total percentage, damn near average for the hand counted ballots.

  21. #20

    Default

    From:
    Paul. E. Brodeur, Chief Investigator
    Department of Justice
    Office of the Attorney General

    The ballots are placed back into the boxes they arrived in. There are seals furnished that the Moderator and/or City or Town Clerk then attaches to the box/s and all necessary election officials sign the seal. The ballots are
    then stored at the respective Town or City Clerk vaults for a number of years. If someone files for a recount the ballots are then transported to the Secretary of States Office Vault where the date and time is set for the recount and all parties are notified so they can be present to view the recount.

    Paul. E. Brodeur, Chief Investigator
    Department of Justice
    Office of the Attorney General
    33 Capitol Steet
    Concord, NH 03301

    http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/mess...tml?1200123067

    *******

    It would be ideal to have a fleet of ARMED security guards to monitor this process, as well as watchers to ride along with each of them, while recording video of the whole thing. That way we know that the people who are doing their DUTY of protecting our freedom by verifying the integrity of the process will not be prevented from it.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nc4rp View Post
    what kinda idiots do they have running the voting there if they cant properly record a number from one peice of paper to another. i mean a 7 year old could do that. = clearly indicates fraud, and they thought they could slide with it. Look to the person that Actually wrote the Zero vote down for Paul. THAT guy is the criminal here.
    Can't you just picture it?

    You're entering the vote on about 8 major presidential candidates on the Republican side and one says ZERO.

    And, you don't say, zero? there are no votes for this guy? are you sure that's right?

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nc4rp View Post
    this really only begs one question, If Jennifer Call didn't write the wrong vote down, then:

    WHO WROTE DOWN THE WRONG VOTE?

    gimmie a name
    Until she fesses up who forged the wrong tally for Paul, then she deserves every single little damn bit of hell she receives. Give her Hell till she Confesses who it was that forged the wrong tally. Dont dare let her weasel out with a plea for pity!
    FOR THE WIN!!!!!
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

  24. #23

    Default

    This just reinforces that while at a high level things may look one way, most times when you get on the ground, it's just a person, and it's just an accident.

    Does that mean there was no fraud, no it does not. Does this one instance prove a pattern, no it does not.

    But removing the hyperbole, this one person will likely not be in the movement in the near future.
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

    http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

  25. #24

    Default

    The problem with the 'it's just one person' argument is when that 'just one person' is placed on another person, then another, then another, and soon there's a small army of 'just on person.'
    When Freedom became freedoms, it was lost.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFallopian View Post
    If anyone should be apologizing, it's the campaign for the behavior of its supporters. An honest mistake was made and swiftly corrected, and this woman gets harrassed for it? Who does that kind of behavior help?
    The campaign is not responsible for every person on the street that "Calls themselves" supporters.
    You can feel disdain for the retards that harrassed the lady, but get off the campaign.
    I'm tired of hearing the $#@!.
    A bunch of armchair quarterbacks in here that think they know everything.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John P Slevin View Post
    Is anything more important than that the rights of an individual be respected?
    Indeed, the rights of those 31 induviduals who lost their right to vote and have their vote counted. How about respecting their right? If not for the uproar their rights would have been left on the floor and swept up with the trash.
    "If America is obligated to sacrifice its youth to depose every dictator that emerges, America is not a free, independent country. Its actions are dictated not by its own people, but by the worst elements in the world." ... Harry Browne

  28. #27

    Default

    She can cry me a river for all I care. That measly little 9% in her town bundled with a measly 9% from a few other towns that was robbed from us could result in us losing out on a delegate that we need for Dr. Paul. No pity from me.
    If it were just 1 or two missing votes then maybe. But 31? Get the $#@! out of here!

  29. #28

    Default

    I like this part

    "Call, 35, arrived at the Pillsbury Memorial Hall Tuesday morning at 7 for the start of a marathon day. About a dozen or so staffers coordinated the effort, guiding voters, counting votes, rechecking totals."

    So when calling off totals she doesn't recheck the totals? Then the next day she contacts the voting machine company for dog tags.



    "She called the Massachusetts company that makes the licenses for dog owners in her area. The guy had heard of her.

    "Wow," the man said. "This is the second time this week I've seen your name."

    "Where?" Call asked.

    "I've gotten a dozen e-mails about how you've destroyed the New Hampshire primary."

    "Why?"

    "We make voting machines." "

  30. #29

    Default

    Our one vote is invaluable whereas that is the only way we can secure our freedom. Take away our one vote (collectively) and you have a totalitarian dictatorship. Whoever is responsible for not recording the votes for Ron Paul should be held accountable. Merely shrugging it off and saying "on well, it was a mistake, pity the poor person, we all make mistakes" is not good enough. We need a recount to see how many more so-called mistakes occured.

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wilson View Post
    Our one vote is invaluable whereas that is the only way we can secure our freedom. Take away our one vote (collectively) and you have a totalitarian dictatorship. Whoever is responsible for not recording the votes for Ron Paul should be held accountable. Merely shrugging it off and saying "on well, it was a mistake, pity the poor person, we all make mistakes" is not good enough. We need a recount to see how many more so-called mistakes occured.
    +9999999999

    Every vote is sacred, and the people in the polling biz needs to take those votes seriously, with the incentive of fine and imprisonment for fraud and negligence.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Group of Paul Supporters, building their own Town in Texas.
    By Philosophy_of_Politics in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
  2. Paul supporters 'freak out' town clerk
    By tikwanleap in forum Bad Media Reporting on Ron Paul
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 02:35 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
  4. GA Paul Supporters Drive Giuliani From Town Square
    By FluffyUnbound in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
  5. Ron Paul supporters freak me out (but in a good way)
    By Badger Paul in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •