Thread: Anyone have the McCain "burka" comment on YouTube?

Anyone have the McCain "burka" comment on YouTube?

My head nearly exploded at that racist comment!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I can't find anything either. Someone has to post it!

Anyone get a better copy that is edited better, and with John McCain's comment isolated? With that huge repetitive section I doubt you'll get many full views.

Quote Originally Posted by PaultheSaint View Post
    AAAAH. Thank you sir.

Here you go!

Racist Republicans: South Carolina Debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUyaQkP9cWA

Please leave a comment on youtube.

can we really make something out of this?

I mean, he refers specifically to al-qaeda, nto just muslims in general. People hate al-qaeda enough that they may not care. Maybe not even the muslims in michingan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, in one sense McCain is right, oil is about the only commodity we trade from Arab(and Iran) nations, and had we been more energy independant we would had no reason to be trading with them.

This trade also helps repressive, sharia-governed regimes like Saudi Arabia, UAE and Iran to confirm their power, so we really shouldn't be trading with them. Anyway, the Burka comment was silly.

Quote Originally Posted by PaultheSaint View Post
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreApathy View Post
    can we really make something out of this?

I mean, he refers specifically to al-qaeda, nto just muslims in general. People hate al-qaeda enough that they may not care. Maybe not even the muslims in michingan
    If you take it in context of Ron Paul's comment, they are talking about the entire Muslim world, which McCain clearly equates all of them with al-qaeda.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBrews View Post
    Anyway, the Burka comment was silly.
    Plus it was soooo obvious he had it memorized and was just waiting for an opportunity to say it.

He himself was probably the only one that didn't get how lame it was.

Dutch

@NoMoreApathy

Of course we can! Ron Paul was talking about trading with the Arab nations, which McCain automatically assumes to be 100% full of Al Qaeda that only sell burkas.

The video needs to have the part with Ron Paul's comments just before McCain responds. Ron Paul is talking about trading with the arab nations in general, and McCain answers as if the whole muslim world is associated with Al Quaida... That is the whole point. Noone wants to trade with Al Quaida.

From the transcript:

PAUL: So whether there are peace agreements over there, I mean, for instance, if we would stop all aid to over there, we would stop three times as much aid as Israel gets through the Arab nations.

Why do we arm the Arab nations and they're the enemies of Israel? But we continue to do that. So why don't we trade with everybody and talk with them, and there's a greater incentive to work these problems out.

I think if we'd have been out of there a lot sooner, there may well have been a much different settlement after the Kuwait invasion, because Israel was quite capable of working with moderate Arab nations. They tried to. None of the Arab nations wanted Saddam Hussein in Kuwait and I think they could have taken care of Saddam Hussein back then and saved all the mess that we have now, because I think there are so many unintended consequences and way too much blowback.

(APPLAUSE)

MCCAIN: Could I just make a comment? I'm not interested in trading with Al Qaida. All they want to trade is burkas. I don't want to travel with them. They like one-way tickets.

(LAUGHTER)

(APPLAUSE)

GOLER: Governor Huckabee, can you...

PAUL: May I answer that? May I answer that?

GOLER: Yes, Congressman.

PAUL: I'm talking actually about that, because that's what we have been doing. We used to support Saddam Hussein and we used to be allied with Osama Bin Laden, and what I want to do is stop that.

Who are our friends one day turn out to be our enemies. Right now, we finally got rid of Saddam Hussein. And what are we doing now? We're re-arming the Sunnis, the old henchmen of Saddam Hussein.

And what are they going to do with it? There's all those weapons we're giving the Sunnis in Baghdad. So look out, believe me, that war is not over and right now they're demanding more troops in Afghanistan and we're -- some people, like the Senator, he thinks we should be there for 100 years if necessary.

How can he commit the young people of this world, five more generations, to be in Iraq if it's necessary? I say it's time to come home.

(APPLAUSE)

RP is a Intellectual, the rest arn't.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Here you go!

ah very nice
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

can we get a list of all of the racist comments...

I know Huckabee said something about kicking sand in our face
    Thompson said something about virgins
    Central Florida Politics

My comments are my own and do not reflect a candidate or a group.

They all wonder wonder why 9/11 happened all the while McCain is calling all of the nations in the middle east "Al-Qaeda".

Completely irresponsible. I wonder how many US soldiers will have their faces blown off for that comment?

Last night, McCain said the most racist thing I have ever heard to Ron Paul's suggestion that we should, talk and trade with the Arabs. "I don't want to trade with Al Qaida. The only thing they want to trade is Burkas and I don't want to travel with them, 'cause they only like one way tickets"

Mr. McCain - Ron Paul did not say we should trade and travel with Al Qaida and besides, Al Qaida is not a country. This sort of generalization is exactly why, I got pushed by a stranger once in a rest room, of all places in Madison, WI. It was Haloween night 2003 - 6 months after the war had began in Iraq. I was fixing my costume in the mirror at Brothers (a local bar), when a young man came up to me and pushed me. He told me to get the hell out of here since I am brown, ugly and a terrorist.

My parents are from India, I was born and brought up in Illinois. I grew up singing the same National Anthem as that young man did and I love this country, just as much if not more than him, especially because I'm a Ron Paul supporter now. My point is, when politicians make irresponsible comments like that in public - it has major impact on the perception of general public. When we learn to respect other cultures is only when the other cultures will respect us. Give respect and take respect. Will the politicians ever learn this simple notion?

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianLibertarian View Post
    The video needs to have the part with Ron Paul's comments just before McCain responds. Ron Paul is talking about trading with the arab nations in general, and McCain answers as if the whole muslim world is associated with Al Quaida... That is the whole point. Noone wants to trade with Al Quaida.
    Yes, plus include the one-way ticket comment. McC has lumped all people from that region as al Quaida and goes on paint them as being only interested in trading burqas and taking one-way trips - so he has also painted them ALL as suicide bombers and hence terrorists.
    First take back the Republican Party: Join the GOP Rising!
    Next become a Precinct Leader
    Then donate to RP's presidential or congressional campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Here you go!

Will do. Thanks
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think MUCKain just sunk himself in MI.

Gotta love it.. the media will dig up a 15 year old document that they have no proof that RP even wrote. and here is mccain on stage saying something like this. and let me guess, CNN probably isn't running a 5 minute segment on Mccain to see if he is racist or not

MUCKain is also fond of using the word "gook," but no one ever calls him on that crap. Maybe that's why he adopted the Bangladeshi girl, to insulated himself against charges of racism, charges to which he is most vulnerable...yet they go after RP for someone else's words.

Quote Originally Posted by warmth of the sun View Post
    They all wonder wonder why 9/11 happened all the while McCain is calling all of the nations in the middle east "Al-Qaeda".

I wish that I was half-as-Cool as McPain believes himself to be . . ..

...wonder what it's like for him to go thru like with an I.Q. that's in the Negative ??
    Obama is ...
    ... Not MY President !!

That and other remarks he has made.

"Bomb, bom, bomb, Iran." McCain

"100 years, 1000 years, 10,000 years..."- McCain

"My friends,100 years" McCain vs. "9/11" Giuliani

This man is scary and an idiot.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden