Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Brit Hume retarded?

Yes. I sincerely believe he might be. Perhaps we should start a chip-in to have him institutionalized.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asheville4paul View Post
    Did he really not understand RP's answer about Iran? I mean several other candidates had just spewed some inflammatory remarks regarding Iran. That really pissed me off. Huckabee's gates of hell comment was ridiculous. McCain's Burka comment ditto. The point we did not blow those ski boats out of the water is irrelevent. Does any one know how close our Navy vessels our to Iran? Here we are with enormously large and expensive warships directly off Iran's coast and we act as if they are the aggressor in this situation? We could have blown those little boats away in one second.

Here's a video of the incident

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/26424.html
    Yes, Brit Hume was ridiculous here.

BUT

RP really blew it here. In my opinion it was his WORST moment of the night. He should have responded by citing the outrageous rhetorich just used by Huck McCain and Thompson. That would have put Brit in his place and made those who were laughing look ridiculous.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by vote4ronpauleeze View Post
    The sad thing is, BRIT was wrong and he was the one trying to make RP look stupid.

The other candidates did make aggressive comments regarding attacking the speedboats....

RP was right.
    And yet the spin and groupthink is immediately uleashed to make Paul look the fool. "They agreed to be passive" WTF????

Two seconds ago everyone was talking about killing arabs and yet somehow they agreed to be passive?!?!?! If sending people to the afterlife is passive, then Id like to know what aggressive is Mr. Hume!!

Quote Originally Posted by JS4Pat View Post

BUT

RP really blew it here. In my opinion it was his WORST moment of the night. He should have responded by citing the outrageous rhetorich just used by Huck McCain and Thompson. That would have put Brit in his place and made those who were laughing look ridiculous.
    Sad but true. RP was totally right but his presentation or response wasnt very good at this moment. Cutting off his earpiece didnt help either. But Ron should have immediately cited Hucks and Thompsons remarks to refute Brit right then and there.

It was a missed opportunity, but Ron didnt expect that kind of outlandish claim from Hume. It was a low blow. Some referee should have been there to cry foul on Hume.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haven't read all the comments but don't you think we should email Brit? He would NEVER treat any of the other candidates like he did our man! He needs some blowback!

Of course, as Ron Paul supporters we must give it to him with class!

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaryist View Post
    Sad but true. RP was totally right but his presentation or response wasnt very good at this moment. Cutting off his earpiece didnt help either. But Ron should have immediately cited Hucks and Thompsons remarks to refute Brit right then and there.

It was a missed opportunity, but Ron didnt expect that kind of outlandish claim from Hume. It was a low blow. Some referee should have been there to cry foul on Hume.

Then let's make his case for him via emails to Brit. I'm going to put the best and brightest comments from this thread into an email and send it to him now.

Join me anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntaryist View Post
    but Ron didnt expect that kind of outlandish claim from Hume. It was a low blow.
    That is a very good point.

I was taken back by Brit's remarks and I put NOTHING past FAUX News...

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryMan View Post
    Yes. I sincerely believe he might be. Perhaps we should start a chip-in to have him institutionalized.
    how many complaints would they need for a evaluation of a person?????
    could we start a pettition to say we believe these people are a danger to society???? if they got enough signatures wouldnt they have to evaluate these people??????

Quote Originally Posted by _rp2008_ View Post
    This was such an odd part of the debate. Hume asserted as if it were fact that the other candidates had just advocated a cautious stance to Iran, based on their declarations of support for whatever decision our naval officer would make, which in this case just happened to be a nonmilitant one. But Hume's assertion is logically false; it does not follow that the others advocated caution merely because in one instance they supported the cautious decision of a naval officer. In fact, the opposite is true; the fact that they would support the naval officer's decision regardless of whether it was cautious or not implies that the candidates would advocate a reckless stance, for instance if the naval officer acted recklessly. It was precisely this recklessness that Paul was criticizing.

Hume did play off his logical fallacy with the bold appearance of confident truth. So much so that he not only tempted a significant--and disrespectful--portion of the audience to laughter, but he also seemed to have caught the doctor off guard.

I love Ron Paul, and hate Fox News. I really hope that Ron did not let the audience's laughter get to him. He is such a brave, noble, and intelligent man, my only voice on today's stage, and it arouses a pang of fury deep in my chest to imagine how he must have felt to be laughed at by the buffoons surrounding him--on the stage, on the panel, and in the audience. The irony of the public ridiculing the doctor who has the treatment for its figurative ailments will be tangible in the decades to come, in the form of high taxes, debased currency, reduced liberty, and increased poverty. At times I wonder why we even try, when all most are willing to do is chuckle at our attempts. But Ron's belief, demonstrated by his actions, spurs me on. The question whether to try or not to try is a simple one: if we don't try, we are certainly lost; if we do try, at least we have a chance to keep that precious liberty that is the source of so much that is good.
    Beautifully written.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot_9876 View Post
    how many complaints would they need for a evaluation of a person?????
    could we start a pettition to say we believe these people are a danger to society???? if they got enough signatures wouldnt they have to evaluate these people??????
    I don't know, but it's worth a shot. It would make a good News story for CNN, at any rate. Let's try.

Quote Originally Posted by angrydragon View Post
    Two of the moderators looked high or something.
    I don't know about high, but Carl Cameron is probably one of THE UGLIEST people I've ever seen.

He looks like he's got fetal alcohol syndrome. No offense to anyone who does, of course.

I really can't stand even looking at that guy. Why don't they use Juliet Huddy instead of Carl Cameron?

Sex sells everything except debates, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kickzman View Post
    Brit was just comin to the defense of the establishment and its candidates after Dr Paul's pointed yet truthful uncovering of the intent of the establishment to start a war w/ Iran. Yes he is a bastard but he is just doin what a loyal subject like Hannity would do.
    Brit Hume's son was killed for knowing too much and threatening to talk. Brit dishonors him by bending over backwards for them at every occasion. He is a pitiful coward.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Brit Hume's son was killed for knowing too much and threatening to talk. Brit dishonors him by bending over backwards for them at every occasion. He is a pitiful coward.
    +100

Brit Hume is not retarded. He is just a first class prick!
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

Hey it's not like we have ever made any mistakes in those straights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Is Brit Hume retarded?
    Yes.
    "...Article I, Section VIII, Paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen of the United States Constitution is the only lawful method in which to resolve the unlawful invasion our our Nation by over 12 Million Illegal Aliens. And Article IV, Section IV of that document promises it SHALL be done."
    Me
    July 13, 2007

Fox news et al are guilty of treason for manipulating the democratic process for the highest elected office in the US with deliberate falsehoods.

The owner should be sued, imprisoned and jailed and all the resources of this fake and biased network surrendered to PBS.

Ok. maybe thats a bit over the top, but I am PISSED.

Someone should post this on YouTube: Highlights from Thompson, Guiliani's and McCain's answers (with warmongering type music playing in the background, such as "Mars" from "The Planets") followed by Brit Hulme saying the word "passive" over and over again while flashing back to sound bytes of the worst of their responses, with the question poping up at the end: "If this is 'passive', I'd sure hate to see what these men are capable of when they become agressive". At the very end perhaps this should be contrasted by the cool calm words of Ron Paul. I think it would be a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    THEY, were successful in making a mockery of Ron Paul.

The sad thing was, Ron Paul was absolutely right.

One guy is talking about sending them to the gates of hell, another talking about meeting their virgins...And Ron Paul, says we should show caution, a couple of speed boats VS a warship? We could wipe those out in a couple of seconds....

Then the moderator says "their answers were PASSIVE???"

Are you kidding me? Gates of hell and say hello to the virgins is passive???
    They other candidates took the stance they they would (and did) support the decision of the Captain, but then started drooling over the concept that the next time something might get blown up.

Paul started chastising them for being trigger happy, and then Hume said "Why, they all supported the decision not to fire! Whatever are you on about?"

Maybe ADD. He did not notice that the conversation changed after Paul's first words clarified "I would certainly urge a lot more caution than I am hearing here tonight."

I can go either way on that. The USS Cole was blown up by a small boat, not even moving especially fast.

Well, it's ironic that Brit was trying to saying the other candidates were being "passive" and Fred Thompson immediately denies it.

Also, if I remember correctly, Brit was repeating before the question every time about how the Iranians were being aggressive and such. Usually, they just ask "Mr. Guiliani, what do you think?" This time its "Iran was being very evil, did we make a mistake in not attacking?" every time.

Of course Faux isn't trumping up a war!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JS4Pat View Post

BUT

No, Hume confused Dr. Paul by his loud and idiotic claim, acting like Dr. Paul did not answer the "right" question. Then Dr. Paul thought perhaps he did not hear "right". I watched the whole thing and Dr. Paul answered the question in context, and perfectly well.

How dare you insult retarded people by comparing them to Brit Hume!

i'm glad i'm not alone in feeling this way

Hume is not retarded. he is a douchebag.
    Let it not be said that we did nothing.
    - President Ron Paul

fox actuallly covered what he said here

Of the six candidates, only Ron Paul said he thought the incident was being blown out of proportion.

“Let’s put it in perspective. We have five small speedboats attacking the U.S. Navy with a Destroyer? They could take care of those speedboats in about five seconds. And here we’re ready to start World War III over this? … You know there are people in this administration and in Washington, D.C., that are looking for the chance” to bomb Iran, the 10-term Texas congressman said.

“I’m worrying about the policy of why we’re looking for a justification. … I mean, we’re already, with our CIA, being involved in trying to overthrow that government, and we don’t need another war. And this incident should not be thrown out of proportion to the point where we’re getting ready to attack Iran over this,” Paul said.

Romney responded to that claim by saying, “I think Congressman Paul should not be reading as many of (Iranian President Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad’s press releases.”

Quote Originally Posted by Travis B View Post
    fox actuallly covered what he said here

Of the six candidates, only Ron Paul said he thought the incident was being blown out of proportion.

“Let’s put it in perspective. We have five small speedboats attacking the U.S. Navy with a Destroyer? They could take care of those speedboats in about five seconds. And here we’re ready to start World War III over this? … You know there are people in this administration and in Washington, D.C., that are looking for the chance” to bomb Iran, the 10-term Texas congressman said.

“I’m worrying about the policy of why we’re looking for a justification. … I mean, we’re already, with our CIA, being involved in trying to overthrow that government, and we don’t need another war. And this incident should not be thrown out of proportion to the point where we’re getting ready to attack Iran over this,” Paul said.

Romney responded to that claim by saying, “I think Congressman Paul should not be reading as many of (Iranian President Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad’s press releases.”
    Nice find! FOX will edit it soon enough.

Brit Hume is a douchebag and a turd sandwich.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by alexa doherty View Post
    Do something with these
    Alexa - can we see more pics of you?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Hahaha!

Alexa, you might want to change your avatar. Every thread you post in gets hijacked by it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast