Thread: Hit piece on Paul on Cnn now!

Hit piece on Paul on Cnn now!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This response is also on the site, unfortunately not everyone will see it, but you can judge his sincerity:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/...es#cnnSTCVideo

They're twisting their own earlier report. The analyst didn't respond to the Wolf interview but the press release. The report on Cooper displayed it the other way around. Those slimy $#@!s.

The problem with being accused of being "racist" is not losing the black vote. It's losing the vote of guilty white liberals. Most black people know real racism when they see it and what is written in Ron Paul's newsletters is pretty tame compared to real racism. Ron Paul did a great job of damage control with regard to black voters by pressing the war on drugs issue. Unfortunately, I think he may have missed the target (whites) who are usually twice as offended by what they interpret as racism, though they have never experienced it in their lives. They may also be less than thrilled that Ron Paul wants to let all those big, scary black men out of prison who they claim to love but secretly fear and despise. Whitey loves blacks, as long as they are pretending to be white (Colin Powell, Barak Obama) or locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by stangman89 View Post
    Um, actually, they let him talk a lot, and I think he pretty well put it to rest in the minds of people who think logically.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikBlack View Post
    The problem with being accused of being "racist" is not losing the black vote. It's losing the vote of guilty white liberals.
    Dude you are so right. Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Um, actually, they let him talk a lot, and I think he pretty well put it to rest in the minds of people who think logically.
    An unfortunately small segment of the population.
    Ninth Amendment:
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

If I were inclined toward conspiracy theories I might think the timing of this smear was mighty convienient with questions about the NH primaries bubbling up and all, but of course I'm not inclined that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikBlack View Post
    The problem with being accused of being "racist" is not losing the black vote. It's losing the vote of guilty white liberals. Most black people know real racism when they see it and what is written in Ron Paul's newsletters is pretty tame compared to real racism. Ron Paul did a great job of damage control with regard to black voters by pressing the war on drugs issue. Unfortunately, I think he may have missed the target (whites) who are usually twice as offended by what they interpret as racism, though they have never experienced it in their lives. They may also be less than thrilled that Ron Paul wants to let all those big, scary black men out of prison who they claim to love but secretly fear and despise. Whitey loves blacks, as long as they are pretending to be white (Colin Powell, Barak Obama) or locked up.
    That's an awesome point, and I'd thought I'd already heard everything by now.

"White liberals want blacks in jail. Why do they hate them so much?"

Or, "Senator X claims to love you, but what s/he really wants is for you to do hard time. Watch her cry again."
    Last edited by tttar; 01-10-2008 at 11:15 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.