Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: List constructive criticisms for HQ here

Exclamation List constructive criticisms for HQ here

Dr. Paul asks in his last email for constructive criticism and recognizes (belatedly) that there are problems at HQ (as if we didn't know ). So, please take Dr. Paul up on his request and list your calls for constructive criticism here.

Does this mean our campaign has done everything right? No! We have made
    mistakes, and will make them again. Not only because errors are to be
    found in any human endeavor, but because an effort like this, to repeal
    a hundred years and more of evil, is brand-new on the face of the earth...

If you have suggestions for me to do better, I want to hear them.
    Well, this is turning into a popular thread. Yes, I will try to add the PMs to me into a summary so if you don't want to make a public post here, feel free to send me a Private Message.

[EDIT: I will try to edit a draft summary--or more likely versions of draft summaries--over the weekend and look for comments and suggestions on that as we go. I will try to incorporate the private comments to me in this manner so as to protect those wishing that their voice be heard without losing their anonymity (including those close to the campaign). Hopefully Monday or so, we'll be able to present a more complete summary. Yes, there are issues that have been brought to my attention I will forward to the campaign privately that I shan't make public. Feel free to PM me those--and please, just to avoid confusion, make clear if you think something needs to be kept private.]

My first, very primitive and preliminary attempt to begin a sketch of a summary (is that enough qualifiers?). Some PMs will be kept private and added when sent to the campaign. Please feel free to comment on my attempts at a summary--this is a Hayekian spontaneous order approach.
    Notes for HQ

Thanks for freelance for putting together this working summary for us!

Personnel:
    • Don't be afraid to fire, demote, reorganize and hire in a vigorous way. (Comments regarding specific names suggested for hiring and firing will be added privately in the appendix.)
    • Stop the rudeness--show appreciation to the grassroots and volunteers.
    • Hire an ombudsman—(between campaign and grassroots?).
    • Hire a scheduler and set up state (volunteer, if possible) advance teams, where applicable
    • Hire someone to direct campaign to women
    • 1Train state coordinators
    • 2Hire and train a competent receptionist

Media:
    • Need for more professional media relationships.
    • Need to add campaign activities and events to AP Daybook and notify even local media.
    • Give guidance to local Meetups for media.
    • Have more media events.
    • Prepare media events professionally coordinating backdrops, dress, color, signage, etc.

Ads:
    • Need to explain why and how policy positions benefit average Americans in a way they can understand.
    • Need to have ads that match a strategy based on crosstab polling information.
    • Need to run ads of a professional quality.
    • Open up the production of ads to the grassroots, YouTube style. (Broadcast Freedom?)
    • 3Note: Suggestions range from heartfelt to funny to hard hitting to using the electibility response as the basis for an ad--something to stand out from the crowd.

Materials:
    • End the bottleneck of supplying materials throughout the country.
    • Create more materials to appeal to various targeted populations.

Precinct captain program:
    • Concerns over dated, incorrect and incomplete data and lack of assistance and guidance.
    • Concerns of data security of database, etc.

Marketing:
    • Get more endorsements--and then utilize them.
    • Encourage, enlist and utilize "Demographic subgroups for Ron Paul."
    • Develop surrogate speakers database

Generally:
    • More transparency from HQ.
    • More responsiveness from HQ.
    • And my personal favorite suggestion--win more votes!

More if you get Buy-in
    • 4Inspirational turnaround moment (neoconned speech?)
    • 5Website organization and taxonomy
    • 6Primaries state organizations should run like clockwork – debrief, checklist, brief, tweak
    • Filter and utilize e-mail database for reminders and important info
    • 7Mock debate (and media) practice. Use media appearance to explain how he would accomplish his agenda items.
    • 8Develop and hone talking points.
    • Include grassroots when looking for staff.

FOOTNOTES:

1 Inexperience. A bit of training from consultants with more experience might be in order for hires who lack real political-world experience. This is especially true with regards to local issues. Campaign staff members should know the errata inside and out - this means state laws and state voting rules, this means state GOP and RNC bylaws, etc etc. We had poll checkers get kicked out of the polling places in NH because they needed a letter signed by the state GOP chair. I saw the requirement in the NH rule book myself, but apparently the campaign staff who assigned grassroots folks to poll checking posts did not know about it until we told them.

2 I’ve heard numerous complaints about Brandon—rude, hangs up on people, refuses to connect them when they are returning a phone call, etc.
    3 Vision, Attacks, Tailored Messages
    1. Speak to your VISION of a smaller federal government. The virtue of SELF-RELIANCE, family, community, state and finally limited fed govt. Define the compassion of a CIVIL society.
    2. Re-assure those currently dependent on fed govt of your commitment to them.
    3. Specific attacks on policies of opposition. Huckabee's Fair tax = a sure path to a gigantic black market...McCain's 100 years = radicalizing all of Islam not just current terrorists...Il Duce Rudy and Patriot Act = more secret prisons, more torture, fewer civil liberties...BE SPECIFIC
    4. Make ads that match the issues and focus group the people to review your ads in the region to see if you are even close to hitting the mark. FLOOD THESE TV ADS, radio ads, newspaper ads INTO THESE STATES.
    5. get that woman of color from their youtube page in one of the commercials pronto. I mean PRONTO....

5 ”We need you to give the most inspirational speech you have ever given. Something in the vein of your "Neoconned" speech before Congress, but more in the spirit of Reagan's "A Time For Choosing!" speech. Simply, because this is a time for choosing. A time for choosing between Corporate and Grassroots. A time for choosing between a "Nanny State Foreign Policy" and a Strong Foreign Policy. A time for choosing between a Weak Dollar and a Strong Dollar. A time for choosing between a Nanny State Domestic Policy and a Responsible Domestic Policy. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Control and Increasing We the People's Control. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Rights and Increasing Civil Rights. A time for choosing between Government Healthcare and Healthcare Choice. A time for choosing between Fascism and Freedom. Clear and Present Vision. The Hopeful Vision you offer. We already know the problems this country faces. We need to see the Future you offer as the Solution. You need to Paint that Vision in Our minds' Eye.”
    The one page that mentions Meetups is far too difficult to find, and secondly, the information about Meetups on that page is buried in fine print at the bottom of the page and requires a scroll up to even notice it.

In other words, the website needs MAJOR restructuring to make it easier to find out about Meetup Groups.

www.MikeHuckabee.com does a much simpler, and more effective, way of advertising and describing Meetup groups and getting people connected. I recommend the Ron Paul web designer look at the Huckabee site and consider emulating it, as it is simpler and more effective.

The need for this issue is to KISS it, that is keep is shorter and simpler.”

Also, list all events on the Web site in advance so that people can plan to attend.

6 Inexperience. A bit of training from consultants with more experience might be in order for hires who lack real political-world experience. This is especially true with regards to local issues. Campaign staff members should know the errata inside and out - this means state laws and state voting rules, this means state GOP and RNC bylaws, etc etc. We had poll checkers get kicked out of the polling places in NH because they needed a letter signed by the state GOP chair. I saw the requirement in the NH rule book myself, but apparently the campaign staff who assigned grassroots folks to poll checking posts did not know about it until we told them.

7 Ron Paul needs to stop being wishy washy on facts (e.g. Russert's "do you know how much revenue we'd lose if we got rid of the income tax?"), and stop simply ranting that everything is broken without proposing a solution.
    For instance "No other Republican is talking about sound money policy, no other candidate knows about economic policy than me.."

8for instance "The GOP has been manipulated into thinking war is a republican endeavor. Who pays for these wars, who do these wars benefit.. We have issues here in American, and we are trying to prop up governments around the world.."

for instance "If you listen to these other candidates you'd think they were serious about illegal immigration, but just look at each of their records 6 months ago. ABYSSMAL. They are just paying lip service to you all, and thru the media you are all buying it. They are open borders, big government labour expliotation all the way...."

In other words, GET TOUGH! Stop being some pansy who is really smart. America wants a LEADER, not an academic....... WE CAN HAVE BOTH!

For instance, he can run circles around people, but he doesn't..

"what do you any of you know of economic policy..... you want war and promote war, but how can we pay for it? who is gonna foot the bill? Do you all agree we should print more money for it.. or how about borrowing it from the Chinese? NO, you will raise taxes to create more government and soon the American people will be more broke paying for the empire in another country, and still you will advice from the very same advisors who set us on this course.." etc..”

Posts to reread in their entirety.

its simple--complete reset needed.

A complete reset is needing at the campaign HQ.

I would recommend a meeting somewhere in TEXAS for a national 2-4 day strategy meeting prior to FLORIDA. BRAINSTORMING, STRATEGY, FEEDBACK,ETC.

This is what i have seen several companies do in the past to turn things around. Works like gold!

I could see stuff like this coming out:

1) put down a budget on how much money do you have left--lets sit down and see the budget and general forecast plan. ie..5 million left, 3 states you plan to attack and ignore others, media you have available in tv, radio, newspapers, etc. Hire professionals on contract to do databases, back up all data and manage this for all states. Keep data secure and accessable to all. Do not allow students, or non-vetted individuals control of this. It will loose massive votes and or not be maximized as happened in Iowa. Have meetups regularly show these numbers to their teams and lead presentations on this in every region and get feedback to a focused HQ team that is the sector coordinator for that region to get info back to the campaign director for that the issues match. Expect 24 hr turns on all questions nothing less is acceptable.

2) make ads that match the issues and focus group the people to review your ads in the region to see if you are even close to hitting the mark. FLOOD THESE TV ADS, radio ads, newspaper ads INTO THESE STATES. Make sure whether people are ok with computerized call systems. Do not frustrate people with calling systems that are automated. People want human beings to talk with. When you issue a plan there is a growth model on everything. 1st you do high quality ads, then build interest, then you overwhelm people once they support to lock them in. Finally you do humor or relaxed things to affirm your strength, and then you go with bigger infomercials...this was done totally upside down and backwards in Iowa and NH. We were lucky to get what we got because of how badly this was done.

3)Start unifying the attack on the destruction of America like Glenn Beck talks on. GET BACK TO THE MESSAGE OF BETRAYAL OF THE PARTY AND OUR NATION. HIRE SOMEONE LIKE RICHARD VIGUERIE FROM THE REAGAN CAMPAIGN ERA TO DRIVE THIS. GEESH THIS IS WHAT LOST THEM THE ELECTION IN 2006 on all fronts not just the war. THE GOVT STARTED PAYING OFF THE SUNNIS TO STOP THE FIGHTING. GB MOVED THEIR TROOPS OUT. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HONOR as the one soldier said on you tube, likewise this wont hold the minute the money disappears. Have to also wonder where the money goes...hmmm...terrorism?

Our lives and nation are challenged. STOP PLAYING NICE ON THEIR LIES. YOUR LEAD THE MESSAGE ON TV. USE THE WORDS OF OTHERS RIGHT NOW AGAINST THEM FROM TV CLIPS. BUILD ON ALLIES WE HAVE. BUILD THEM UP. MAKE THEM DEFEND THE IMPOSSIBLE. CONNECT THE DOTS FROM OUTSIDE US ALLIES OWN WORDS ON CFR/NAFTA/WTO plans. This is a major issue. NAFTA--to CFR connnection must be made to attach the whole stage to so many enemies that are openly in bed with these groups.

4) Start putting TV ads out that show the full truth...only tv ads allow no response long enough for the ideas to sink in. This gives ground not doing this. It looks like we are asleep. Why this hasn't happened to date is very sad to watch for a 20 million dollar quarter. IF the other guy is busy just responding to ads he cant get his message out. Giving you all the time for publicity and getting your message out. THIS MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE THE FRONT RUNNER AND ELECTABLE! THIS IS A MASSIVE ADVANTAGE NOT USED AT ALL.

5) Take advantage of the massive media resources that support Ron that are sitting on their thumbs for the most part trying to do things with very, very little money. Hire these guys in marketing, politics, PR, tv, graphic design, etc on parallel regional project teams and issues to reduce costs, create a razor sharp SUPER attack machine that no one can keep up with on the issues. DECENTRALIZE POWER. BUT SHARE RESOURCES AND INTEL. DO A FULL OUT ATTACK AND CREATE A MEDIA DONATION FUND FOR DIRECT MONEY TO THIS EFFORT. THIS WOULD GIVE US WHAT WE MUST DO TO TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY.

6) CREATE Presidential Intel group that surfs the web, news, etc arming our future president just as any president is done with morning reports on intelligence in the WH. RON needs to be way ahead of all arguements, debate tricks, etc. This is Romney's advantage. "Fool me once-maybe, Fool me twice is the campaigns fault". Ron can be much better set up. Case in point is romney's attack of the whole reading the terrorist play book. Nex start dropping hints and creating your own intel, with possible people you agree with Buchanan, Moore, etc....show the conservatives you are one of them right now. Do the same for the 3rd rail AARP groups(the seniorsforronpaul is golden material to use!!!!!), and other powerful support groups.

7) WE APPEAR TO NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE A DECISION AT ALL. Consider hiring a more conservative RP team on board and split the old libertarian forces and this new one strategically. Battle plans need to be setup like you are creating two companies with different customers to go after the state areas in parallel based on liberal and social conservatives different drivers. Too much strategy that would work in the general race is being applied percentage wise to the wrong group in the primary, at the wrong time, with no linkages. At the same time areas like Michigan where no democrats are voting for obama, likewise in Florida our liberal voters could be attacking these states right now!!! Ron has two strong wings. The liberal supporters and the social conservatives. They need parallel operations to catch us all up. Ron has a strong voice for the christian base as does he for the reagan democrats and anti-war crowd. He actually won several polls(even though systems were broke on the votes for this) at value voters. We should be obliterating all sides at rapid speeds they cant keep up with us.

THIS MUST HAPPEN TO KILL THE UNELECTABLE TAG. THIS IS WHAT IS KILLING US!!!! IT MUST CHANGE RIGHT NOW!!!

IF ALL PEOPLE SEE OR KNOW WHO RON PAUL IS THEN THE CHANGE WILL HAPPEN.

8) Look for niche ideas to promote to the people to new people. All papers should be flooded, human phone call groups not automated systems(we have 100,000 people we can do human phone calls this is what got ross perot his success), do our own polling door to door in our regions, in our communities do out reaches during poll nights like taking care of kids with volunteer jumping places, this giving us a bump in the eyes of the voters at churches and schools across America. Also this give us a bump at the after vote for having our people ready to go become delegates.

9) Do Prep debates with Ron against strong conservatives in play acting. Get him prepped with his Intel to get people taken out. He needs to feel VERY strong in the debates no matter what. THE Stronger he is the more relaxed, sometimes the more humor, the more strength, the more trust is built. He needs to try a few quick wit humor ideas and put them into shock. We can turn this around. Its easy to do. Ron is an excellent speaker. But he is not getting prepped this is obvious. When tough tactics are tried you can confront and say no...not going to answer or trick into this. You can prove a person doesnt know what they are talking about on an issue by digging into their knowledge, etc. Reagan always did well with taking over things with humor. This always works. Crossness and frustration works sometimes but has to be not all the time. Being smarter, more informed, and laughing off the attacks is a sign of electability for the voters to believe this guy can out think anyone!

10) Create a team that deals with seeking endorsements and setting up one-on-one meetings at national or regional HQ to give access to these endorses to get their input in and get plugged in. There has been a lot of betrayal by the DC party. This means Ron has to prove his stripes one on one before they go and die for the cause.

DO NOT IGNORE THESE ENDORSERS THEN CALL THEM BEGGING FOR THEIR CALL LISTS!

IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE TOTAL IDIOTS!

WHY THIS HAPPENED with a very serious endorser is pure stupidity.

All the possible endorser can say is i am frustrated, disappointed and start looking at other candidates to plug into with their power and voice. Then they start making the unacceptable candidates out to destroy our nation "OK ENOUGH"

SPEECHWRITER is needed to assist & CLARIFY TALKING POINTS!

The media AND the public are not REALLY hearing what Ron Paul is saying.
    When he says: "eliminate the Dept of Education"
    They hear: "end public schools"

When he says: "end the income tax"
    They respond: "But how will we pay for roads & schools?"

When he says: "end the CIA"
    They say: "how will we stop terrorists"

When he says: "withdraw troops from everywhere"
    They hear: "Isolationism! get rid of the Army, Navy, etc. -- are you crazy?"
    Last edited by Bradley in DC; 01-13-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Spend more than $250,000 in Super Tuesday states unlike New Hampshire

BETTER ADS that actually talk about Ron's issues - the war, monetary policy, etc.

Lightbulb End the media blackout...

My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

I will bring up this thread to HQ in our conference call Monday....Thanks Bradley

Ron Paul must be more aggressive in the debates and in general. He doesn't have to do it in a mean manner but he must do this to get more media attention. At this point he cannot play it safe and he needs to do whatever he can to grab some headlines.

Can some one email me a synopsis of this thread for Monday - Thanks

PLEASE ADD SPECIFIC SOLUTIONS - cuz I think the time is right - and we'll get what we ask for!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    So...spend considerable chunks of your money on the early states when all candidates are still in the mix, RP name recognition is only 40%, and the grassroots ability to raise the required $23m before Super Tuesday is less than certain?

I don't think that would be wise.
    EBOOKS !!!!
    For free ebooks, let me know which topics you'd like...

rebelresource@gmail.com, no PMs please

1. Economic collapse ... 6. Banking system
    2. 9/11 investigation ... 7. North American Union
    3. Global warming ........ 8. Imperial interventions
    4. Corporatism .............. 9. Palestine/Israel
    5. Fascism ......................10. Adam Smith

“In some parts of the world, people never ask, ‘what can
    we do?’ They simply do it.” -Chomsky

I think that is his plan. I sure hope so! in 1988 he had fire not only in his eyes but coming from his ears! I want to see that. I know he is older now but still

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    Ron Paul must be more aggressive in the debates and in general. He doesn't have to do it in a mean manner but he must do this to get more media attention. At this point he cannot play it safe and he needs to do whatever he can to grab some headlines.

While I totally agree with his critiques of big government, I think we would be attract to even more voters if he would underscore the positives that would come about from him becoming President. Obama is doing this very well and the popularity shows.

Use the grassroots' ads!!!!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” - Thomas Jefferson

The AP datebook is great - also make sure that local media knows of even small events, even if they are not listed on the website - the AP datebook will help a lot.

Second, I have to say that I really believe Ron needs to stand out more from the crowd in his advertising. If every other R candidate is running ads saying they are tough on illegal immigration, then an ad from us saying the same thing, I believe, has limited value. It is my opinion, and I could be wrong, that running anti-war or pro-civil-liberties commercials is going to get us more mileage (for instance, what about an ad talking about the cost of the war that we are passing on to our kids? That argument has been pretty powerful for me when dealing with Rs). Just a thought.

JM
    Interested in the history of ancient science? Want to know how it fed into the world around it and the people and politics of those times?
    Check out my book if you like (free chapters):
    www.LightofAlexandria.com Thanks!

More ads of him petting doggies and hugging children. He needs to get the dumb vote too.

Quote Originally Posted by ghemminger View Post
    I will bring up this thread to HQ in our conference call Monday....Thanks Bradley
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, bring up the clear trends in the NH exit polls, that's everything we will need to win!

McCain got all of our demographics, and the reason is clear why if you read the exit poll.
    University of Iowa
    Iowa City, IA

Check out my blog covering the Iowa Caucus.
    http://hawkeyenick.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by MayTheRonBeWithYou View Post
    BETTER ADS that actually talk about Ron's issues - the war, monetary policy, etc.
    It seems the early ads have been aimed at as general an audience as possible...testing the water, so to speak. Increasing his credibility in a non-controversial way, and being fairly non-specific.

Educating a nation via TV ads cannot go to level 5 knowledge this early. Start slow, because most of the target audience is Dumb As Rocks.
    EBOOKS !!!!
    For free ebooks, let me know which topics you'd like...

rebelresource@gmail.com, no PMs please

1. Economic collapse ... 6. Banking system
    2. 9/11 investigation ... 7. North American Union
    3. Global warming ........ 8. Imperial interventions
    4. Corporatism .............. 9. Palestine/Israel
    5. Fascism ......................10. Adam Smith

“In some parts of the world, people never ask, ‘what can
    we do?’ They simply do it.” -Chomsky

tell him to talk like he is the president, people want to see personality (as shown from polls), tell him to spit out specific plans for uniting america... then go into his platform

Honorable Dr. Paul,

Now is the time to lead! We need you to shine.

We need you to give the most inspirational speech you have ever given. Something in the vein of your "Neoconned" speech before Congress, but more in the spirit of Reagan's "A Time For Choosing!" speech. Simply, because this is a time for choosing. A time for choosing between Corporate and Grassroots. A time for choosing between a "Nanny State Foreign Policy" and a Strong Foreign Policy. A time for choosing between a Weak Dollar and a Strong Dollar. A time for choosing between a Nanny State Domestic Policy and a Responsible Domestic Policy. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Control and Increasing We the People's Control. A time for choosing between Increasing Government Rights and Increasing Civil Rights. A time for choosing between Government Healthcare and Healthcare Choice. A time for choosing between Fascism and Freedom.

I know it is not your favored format. However, the people need to be inspired to vote for you. They need to see your leadership ability to have confidence in you. They need to hear your clear and present VISION, because that is what feeds the Hope you offer.

We the People need to hear your Clear and Present Vision. The Hopeful Vision you offer. We already know the problems this country faces. We need to see the Future you offer as the Solution. You need to Paint that Vision in Our minds' Eye.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you,
    Jeff Chapin
    Ohio
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

Default 3 million spent in NH

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    They spent over 3 million in New Hampshire

They got money late, spent what they felt wise, and have been building in other states.

My best suggestion is that the campaign, to any extent allowable under campaign law, designate someone(s) to quickly and continually keep supporters in the loop about what the campaign is doing...not strategies of course, which everyone needs to understand can't be made public, but actual events. Every communication by Ron Paul to his supporters always seems to get people pumped!
    Last edited by John P Slevin; 01-10-2008 at 05:17 PM.

They need to have a Public Relations person specifically to communicate regularly with the grassroots.

Quote Originally Posted by MayTheRonBeWithYou View Post
    This post has really good commentary:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...76&postcount=1

I think HQ should work more with the grassroots ads (like operation broadcast freedom) that are much better and free in the sense that the grassroots would not charge for them.

Ron's message needs to have more zeal and he has to really fight back. Todays speech with Blitzer is more of what we need to see.

Also, materials need to be sent in a timely matter. It takes way too long to get anything if you run out.

The campaign needs to be aggressive of getting Ron on national radio (i.e. the Howard Stern show), the Superbowl (please use a grassroots ad or ask them to make one specifically tailored for it), and others where he has a chance to do all of the above.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 01-13-2008 at 09:10 PM.

RUN BETTER ADS!!!!!!!!!

and keep challenging Rudy McRomny on the war!!!!

Allocate a percentage, say at least 5% of donations from an area to be immediately and automatically available for grassroots initiatives from the area.
    Have a dedicated staffer at HQ approve grassroots print ads which the campaign will pay for from the above budget.
    Brian Horsfield
    Co-Organizer, Fairfield, Iowa, Ron Paul Meetup Group
    http://www.meetup.com/Fairfield4RonPaul

Stop making ads about the life issue. Make ads showing his credibility on fiscal conservatism. Also, make anti war ads

RP2008 website has multiple problems in its making it very difficult for people to find out about Meetup Groups. Separate website sections under "Get Involved" and "Join Us" should be consolidated into one section. Several of the submenus under "Get Involved" should be deleted or buried into further sub-sub menus, especially the boring, arcane, legal disclaimers.

A submenu under "Get Involved" or "Join Us" needs to mention the word either "Local" or "Meetup" or both. There is no mention of either of those words in any of the menu or submenu titles.

The one page that mentions Meetups is far too difficult to find, and secondly, the information about Meetups on that page is buried in fine print at the bottom of the page and requires a scroll up to even notice it.

In other words, the website needs MAJOR restructuring to make it easier to find out about Meetup Groups.

www.MikeHuckabee.com does a much simpler, and more effective, way of advertising and describing Meetup groups and getting people connected. I recommend the Ron Paul web designer look at the Huckabee site and consider emulating it, as it is simpler and more effective.

The need for this issue is to KISS it, that is keep is shorter and simpler.

RUN BETTER TV ADS!!! Get a few HARD CORE SHOCKER type ads as well...run the livin hell out of them!!
    "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
    -- General Douglas MacArthur

an overhaul of the Website is a great idea.

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!

And go a lot more populist in the rhetoric. Don't have change the goods just wrap'm up better.
    "It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance." - Murray N. Rothbard

Campaign 101:

I'll be brief, because there's a link at the bottom, and I'm not going to reinvent the wheel.

Media
    Develop a cordial working relationship with the media. This means that you RETURN phone calls, you show up and don't leave a host with airtime to fill at the last minute, etc.

Scheduling
    Get a campaign scheduler (someone with prior campaign experience who knows what they're doing). The scheduler will work with the senior staff to distribute the candidate's appearances based on a recognized set of priorities, not based on where the candidate can best preach to the choir. List all events on the Web site so that people can show up with plenty of notice. Schedule Town Hall Meetings. Dr. Paul needs to hear what concerned voters have on their minds.

About his presentation
    PLEASE get someone (a coach or whatever) to help him slow down, modulate his voice and breath from the diaphragm when he speaks. Also, he needs to be assertive in the debates. He can be polite and assertive at the same time.

Primaries
    The people on the ground in IA and NH need to be FULLY debriefed to find out what went right, what went wrong. Develop a checklist based on those findings, fully brief grassroots volunteers on the ground elsewhere, and tweak as necessary. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Develop an active surrogate speaker list and utilize these people. The scheduler can use the surrogates when the candidate is unavailable for maximum coverage. There should be NO GOP event where we are not represented by a competent surrogate, even if it's not a surrogate speaker. The scheduler simply contacts the state person, who contacts the county and surrounding county people. It's a basic drill down exercise.

PLAN, DON'T REACT

Utilize the e-mail database for more than fund raising. Send reminder e-mails about cut-off dates for everything and reminders to vote.

Check out this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85321

HTH
    Last edited by freelance; 01-10-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast