Thread: How do I change Party Affiliation in PA?

How do I change Party Affiliation in PA?

Not for me, as I am going to get a new driver's license in August and they ask you there, but for my mom?

From independent to republican?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I went to my court house and they give me a form to fill out and I sent it back to them US mail. Then they send you a card.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by trispear View Post
    Not for me, as I am going to get a new driver's license in August and they ask you there, but for my mom?

From independent to republican?

I found a website with the document. Apparently you just fill out a voter registration and put republican. This will change your voter registration.

http://www.seventy.org/electioninfo/register.html

I believe it's the same whether you are registering to vote or just changing party affiliation:

http://www.state.pa.us/papower/cwp/v...&Q=451804&tx=1

"To register, people may apply in person at a county voter registration office, the state departments of Public Welfare or Health, PennDOT’s photo and driver-license centers (I believe these are closed because of state budgetary reasons); Armed Forces recruitment centers; county clerk of orphan’s courts or marriage-license centers; area agencies on aging; county mental health and mental retardation offices; student disability services offices of the State System of Higher Education; offices of special education in high schools across the commonwealth; and Americans with Disabilities Act-mandated complimentary paratransit providers.

Residents may also register by mail after downloading a voter registration form from the Department of State’s online voter information center at www.votespa.com, which offers tips for first time voters to the addresses of polling locations."

There is no need to change party affiliation as that changes when you vote anyways based on your voting results.

Say if you voted Republican in 2004, you will be affiliated with that party, or vise versa. If you voted 3rd party, you would be affiliated with that party.

My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by romeshomey View Post
    There is no need to change party affiliation as that changes when you vote anyways based on your voting results.

Say if you voted Republican in 2004, you will be affiliated with that party, or vise versa. If you voted 3rd party, you would be affiliated with that party.
    Not true, you state your party affiliation. I have been a Republican for years but voted for Harry Brown in 96, and 2000. My registration never changed.