Thread: Michigan Dems urged to vote "uncomitted"

Cool Michigan Dems urged to vote "uncomitted"

Anyone got ideas on how to combat this?

The party bigwigs are urging Dems to vote "uncommitted".
    http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michi...t=michigannews

We need a strategy to deal with this. Personally, I am not going to mention what the Dem bigwigs are saying, and instead hand out a copy of this article over -
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...-primary_N.htm

Which describes how Michigan Dems have no delegates and Obama and Edwards aren't on the ballot.

The problem is, some informed Dems might say "I heard we are supposed to vote undecided". At this point I will say "the party has taken away your delegates and there's no guarantee that voting undecided will change that

I'm looking for some savvier ideas here folks. Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, a guy I know was saying that most Democratic folks he knows plan to vote for Paul as a way of "spoiling" the Republican primary. I realize that "A guy I know" isn't great support but, *crosses fingers*

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Voting for Paul would be the ultimate FU to the DNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
    Actually, a guy I know was saying that most Democratic folks he knows plan to vote for Paul as a way of "spoiling" the Republican primary. I realize that "A guy I know" isn't great support but, *crosses fingers*
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
    This makes sense. I know that's what I would do. If their vote doesn't count, they'd want to vote for the least likely guy to win, in order to spoil things for the Republicans.

They'd pick Ron Paul thinking they're choosing the worst candidate.

I once heard Ron Paul refered to by a McCain workers as the Wild Card or Joker Card in a poker game. The one that normal rules don't apply to. Could be Michigan's Primary is a Wild Card to.