Thread: Calling All Computer “Nerds”

Calling All Computer “Nerds”

I think I have a plan to get us back on track. Now this may seem a little strange at first, but I think what we have to do here is play to our strengths (the net). I have this idea for a non-malicious viral email that raises awareness for Dr. Paul, and also reinforces the fact that most people agree in principle with him once exposed to the message. I would do this myself but honestly don’t know the first thing about web authoring. Please contact me via private message to get rolling on this…..we don’t have the luxury of time.
    mark
    "It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom." William Wallace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    WE ALL NEED TO UNITE. FREEDOM TAKES RESPONSIBILITY.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

When I say viral, maybe that's not the best use of terms. I am looking forward to something that will be forwarded to as many people as possible voluntarily. I have the idea, just not the skill set. And when I say "nerds" I mean it in the best possible way, I wish I was.

Wow, I made a thread like this in Grassroots Projects and someone directed me to a site where you can get a Ron Paul forward. As for me, I'm currently working on my own Ron Paul forward - when I finish it I'll start asking for people to PM me their email address so we can start forwarding this stuff all over the nation!

I have some spammer friends with lists of 100s of 1000s of people, if that helps

//

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I was thinking that emailing friends something from the Ron Paul Library.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

There is software you can bu that harvest e-mail addresses and then e-mails several million people for hour.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This idea entails a short 10 or so questions carefully tailored to show how the participant already is on the same page as Dr. Paul. People most often gravitate towards people of like mind on a psychological level.
    An example: Do you believe in more or less taxation? Yes or No
    Any nitwit would answer yes and then at the end we show how they have, lets say 80% overlap with Dr. Paul's message.
    We could have this be one of those forwarded messages that friends send each other in HTML format that proport to be a short political quiz.

yah, way to turn off even more people with spam

no thanks

I might be able to help. PM me. We might be able to put something together. If not the emails, maybe even a website and just spam the internet to hell with the link, exposing every other candidate or something like that.

Please do not spam people.

Spam sucks.

I am not proposing spam by any means, god knows I don’t like, and I don’t think others do either. What I am suggesting is forwarded emails from friend to friend, nothing more. E.G.:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...match-game.htm
    But tailored to our man, questions can be shaped to lead folks in our direction. Whatever it takes we need to raise awareness for Dr. Paul in a peaceful fashion.

Midevilmark, either way I wouldn't mind putting something together. The emails are sort of 'too easy,' assuming that you have a list, so...

Hell No.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

DOnt do it. This was done 6 months ago by someone that may or may not have been a RP Supporter. It may have just been a way to get past spam filters. I doubt it would work now and looks bad.

I dont think we got supporters with the last spam threat, just bad media at first saying it was the official campaign for a few days.
    Get Free Political Blogs about the best Candidate- Ron Paul or Email : you@ronpaulblogs.com

Fox News Conservative? - Download their 2008 Prez donations

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulblogsdotcom View Post
    DOnt do it. This was done 6 months ago by someone that may or may not have been a RP Supporter. It may have just been a way to get past spam filters. I doubt it would work now and looks bad.

I dont think we got supporters with the last spam threat, just bad media at first saying it was the official campaign for a few days.
    It's not spam. It's the crap my friends send me all the time. Something funny, something stupid, something truthful, and always with the tag line of "Forward this to 10 friends...".

Nothing wrong (or spammy) about getting stupid emails from friends.

That's exactly what I am talking about, Friends sending to friends. NOT SPAM. In addition, if we could craft some factoid emails concerning the true nature of the Federal Reserve in a very simple form, we could affect millions of people in a very short time. Also it cost nothing to sit and type. The key is getting the seeds planted in peoples mind concerning how they are being screwed on a daily basis. That way when Dr. Paul brings up one of these subjects in future debates, folks pay attention... it sound familiar.
    Also it differentiates him from the rest of the noise people tune out when the others start arguing over whom the toughest on terror is or whatever. It probable wouldn’t hurt to carefully craft an email also dealing with the absolute needlessness of the IRS and how we could make it disappear tomorrow. It should be filled with bullet points listing amounts of money it cost just to collect taxes, amount of employees, how income taxes don’t pay for services just debt interest, etc. I would add that these “chain emails” must be impeccably researched and factual to a fault, less anyone ever refute them as urban legend. The time is now to start the spread of truth based “propaganda” and get people to start asking questions. This is what the founders did, just repeat the success. Just think about this, 1,000,000 RP supporters send to 20 contacts a piece = 20,000,000 views. And remember if we don’t give people the bolt cutters to cut the chains they’ll will never know what it is to be free.