Thread: Earmark/Pork spending cleared up

Earmark/Pork spending cleared up

Guys I'm stunned at the misunderstanding of Ron Paul's stances on certain issues.

One such is the Earmark spending that was brought up on meet the press. I have seen senior members on here say that Paul is wrong on this issue.

Here is the example for all to understand and use.

You and your friends all pitch in some money to buy lunch. You want a cheap 5 dollar pizza to save money while others want to spend more on a very expensive restaurant pizza.

You decide to vote on what to purchase but before you do you Earmark things. Meaning you agree that you are each guaranteed so many slices since you all pitched in money. This way if you lose the vote you are still protected.

When the vote comes you vote against the expensive pizza in favor of the cheap one.

----------------

Paul said it best when he used the example of the tax system. He doesn't believe in the income tax but he uses all the tax deductions he can.

Why would you pitch in money for everyone lunch then refuse to ear mark yourself any slices? Would helping to feed everyone else really change the system?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That helps! This was a huge debate at my house over the holidays, and I left flustered and couldn't seem to get through to one family member in particular. I will have to tell them about it this way (pizza terms, lol).