View Poll Results: What is your Education Level?

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • High School Graduate

42 10.24%
  • Associate Degree

48 11.71%
  • Bachelor's degree

145 35.37%
  • Master's Degree

61 14.88%
  • Professional Degree

14 3.41%
  • Doctorate Degree

16 3.90%
  • Currently in High School

14 3.41%
  • Currently in college

70 17.07%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Education Level

Post Your Education Level

I just curious about the education level of Dr. Paul's supporters

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How are you defining 'education level'?

Edit. Ah, I see, a poll has appeared.

I have a Masters in survival.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I want all 8,068 active members to vote in this poll :-)

Bachelor of Arts
    Alex Merced - A Champion of Freedom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HAYEKFORUMS.COM
    - Economics and Philosophy Discussion and Debate

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM
    - Libertarian Community and Discussion

Donate to Help Alex Merced promote Liberty Full Time

FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD LIKE

Doctorate in clinical psychology.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Didn't graduate from HS (Good Enough Degree), but I have an AS in Computer Networking
    '"No army can stop an idea whose time has come!" - Ron Paul 2007

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

I'm all educated and $#@!, but I find that there's often no connection in education levels with wisdom or intelligence.

I have a couple of associates (comp repair, comp science, literature, psych, all done in 3 years) and almost a bachelor's (in networking and system security) which I'm trying to figure out if I want to bother to finish. I gave up on the ridiculous college system when I found out I could teach myself how to do damn near anything with three days of time and internet access. I could probably pass every computer-related technology certification test cold. I also find employers don't care so much about credentials these days - they want references and experience again. I have enough of those to walk into any six figure IT job tomorrow morning and have them wondering how they lived without me in a month's time.

The cost of education is ridiculous. $4000 per credit hour at a good IT college, for classes I could test out of with a few days of studying. It's such a depressing racket. I don't even think any actual learning or research happens anymore until Masters-PhD level. /sigh

I should go back and get a Math degree and dabble in engineering... I've had several people in math tell me that since everything else is so easy for me I need to hit a rigorous discipline and find out what I am actually made of.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Doctorate in clinical psychology.
    Can I call upon you if we have another New Hampshire and I start melting down?

Ph.D. in Sociology of Education

This isn't fair, I'm only 15.
    11:02 PM [Mitt Romneys sideburns] Mormonism is like a Sean Hannity wet dream of patriotism
    4:45 PM [Kludge] No name-calling, please, Jer-Bear.
    4:49 PM [MRoCkEd] I don't support Ron Paul
    7:45 PM [stormcommander] if you want to do it at night, i will be at ccsu
    2:28 PM [Kludge] Fucking kids fucking their ****-fucking-sexuals goddam Jew fuckers....
    12:40 AM [Old Ducker] kludge and I both worship the same goddess
    12:42 AM [Old Ducker] it comes down to josh

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeownzu View Post
    This isn't fair, I'm only 15.
    I added two new options.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I added two new options.
    thanks

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNight View Post
    I have a couple of associates (comp repair, comp science, literature, psych, all done in 3 years) and almost a bachelor's (in networking and system security) which I'm trying to figure out if I want to bother to finish. I gave up on the ridiculous college system when I found out I could teach myself how to do damn near anything with three days of time and internet access. I could probably pass every computer-related technology certification test cold. I also find employers don't care so much about credentials these days - they want references and experience again. I have enough of those to walk into any six figure IT job tomorrow morning and have them wondering how they lived without me in a month's time.

The cost of education is ridiculous. $4000 per credit hour at a good IT college, for classes I could test out of with a few days of studying. It's such a depressing racket. I don't even think any actual learning or research happens anymore until Masters-PhD level. /sigh

I should go back and get a Math degree and dabble in engineering... I've had several people in math tell me that since everything else is so easy for me I need to hit a rigorous discipline and find out what I am actually made of.
    EvilNight you are spot on. And a consummate autodidact.

I had to leave college because of a giant lack of money and I was mortified because I thought I'd be working in a bookstore for the rest of my life, shut out of ever doing real research because I didn't have the education. So I taught myself how to do everything and became very good at educating myself on almost anything.

By the time I got back to college, it was so easy because I'd already taught myself almost everything I needed to know to get a degree in chemistry and things I didn't know were now easy because I knew how to teach myself. The only truly challenging courses I had in college were chemical engineering and physical chemistry. Both courses were a great mix of various disciplines like physics, calculus, various types of math and chemistry. Good stuff.

Why you do need to pursue the degree: It does open up doors, and an education exposes you to amazing things you might not have otherwise been exposed to. It's worth the challenge.

Hey, don't forget GED graduates!! lol
    '"No army can stop an idea whose time has come!" - Ron Paul 2007

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

We need an option for the middle and elementary school supporters and yeah the drop outs too.

How do I vote? I have a HS degree, attended college as a economics major for 3 years, switched majors to History for another 2 years, but due to some business oportunities (successful ) never got my degree. so, in short, HS degree, 5 years of college, but no BA...

Well, I checked "Associates" although that's not really accurate. Maybe "Some College" would have been a better choice had it been available. I am a former Marine enlisted Intelligence analyst, with a boatload of professional military education, a years worth of online secular university coursework, and three years at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary before I ran flat on money and could no longer go. Though -- I am very self educated! ;-)
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I while still working on a management degree have a masters in love making

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Schooling != Education

Schooling is were the government teaches people to be mindless sheep, listen to those in power, conform and respect those in power. Then when you get to "higher education" they turn you into a mindless employee.

I was homeschooled through high school. I tried a few college classes but was sickened at the complete lack of learning. In our schooling system they waste so much time with tests to prove that you did the work. Screw that, I will use my time LEARNING something not proving that I'm learning to someone else. My desire is knowledge not jumping through hoops and kissing teacher's asses.
    “It is in war that the State really comes into its own: swelling in power, in number, in pride, in absolute dominion over the economy and the society.” -- Murray Rothbard

BS in Mathematics from National ChungHsing University in Taiwan.

Masters of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics
    Bachelor Science in Paper Science and Engineering
    To all those that do not share my biblical Christian beliefs: We are in this together! Ron Paul is standing up for the Constitutional rights of ALL Americans, regardless of beliefs. Peace be upon you and Bless You for helping to support Ron Paul!

Freedom Is Popular

same degree as Ron Paul!!!!
    Last edited by american empire; 01-10-2008 at 05:51 AM.

How do you want everyone on the forum to vote, When you don't have drop-outs or GED? I dropped out of HS and got my GED.
    "Business as usual is not on the menu, folks...we're either going to into an era of immense resource scarcity, regimentation, governmental interference in our lives, tremendous propagandistic efforts to make us do one thing or another, or were going to pull the plug on scientism and its stooges and the institutions which feed [it]."-Terence McKenna

I went to college for 3 semesters before I realized it was full of crap. If I went back now, I wouldn't make it through a full day.

Nowadays, college is considered a destination, rather than a path. Some people really think having that paper means something. Then they try to get a job and end up working at walmart. At least that's how it is where I live. There are no jobs here at all unless you want to wait on tables or be a nurse to all the old people.
    Go check out my vocal covers on Youtube. Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdQYPR6lEo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast