Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's the economy, stupid

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by partypoker View Post
    Thanks.
    29% this morning on CNN. Iraq is 22%. Why aren't we sweeping the nation?
    We'll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.

Because our message was focused on student visas and border policy, not something that affects everyone (the economy).

I predict the economy will continue to grow as an issue and the war in Iraq will continue to falter. The media cannot prevent people from seeing economic downturn, it can only delay the inevitable.

This election will be about the economy and this is one area where RP does not isolate 2/3rds of the party but actually unites the whole part. This must be the issue of the campaign if we have any chance of winning.

It's about the economy PartyPoker is correct. You say we don't need to worry about what Democrats think? Uh er um, what about in the GENERAL ELECTION? I'm sure, that if Ron Paul started to speak more about the economy, his poll numbers would raise, and people would be more willing to cross parties. The economy is that important of an issue to people. They care more about $3-4.00/gallon of gas, than they seem to care more about the war.

Why? Because, the economy affects their pocket book. Rather simple answer, we need the campaign to focus more on the economy, than the war message. Maybe, the two could be combined like it was during the last debate.

Last edited by Paul10; 02-23-2008 at 11:40 PM.

I didn't read this thead after seeing country-wide in the first post, but didn't Bank of America solidify and announce plans to aquire Country Wide?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    shift the message now or we will enter a severe recession.

economy bump.

i agree. this is the perfect storm for Ron Paul
    Please click my tattoo shop: Gulfport Tattoo so that my search rankings go up! Thank YOU!

The economy and the war are one in the same. A big reason for the economy being the way it is, is because of the irresponsible spending overseas. This causes us to print and borrow money.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenforpaul08 View Post
    The economy and the war are one in the same. A big reason for the economy being the way it is, is because of the irresponsible spending overseas. This causes us to print and borrow money.
    Not exactly..

yeah the war stuff is going to be nowhere near as effective as the economy.

why? A) the economy is non-divisive. its not like abortion or the war. it you are for america, you are for a good american economy.

B) it hits home. most people dont have to deal with the war in their day to day lives. most people do have to deal with the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebruise View Post
    yeah the war stuff is going to be nowhere near as effective as the economy.

why? A) the economy is non-divisive. its not like abortion or the war. it you are for america, you are for a good american economy.

B) it hits home. most people dont have to deal with the war in their day to day lives. most people do have to deal with the economy.
    true

The two issues are completely interrelated. I like the spin he's putting on it now that the war is too expensive. Not the best anti-war argument, but the most palatable one to Republicans.

Doc P knows what he's doing.

This is our best chance at reversing the polls. People are not playing around about their currency.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE OF VICTORY!!- It's the economy sheeple, and Ron Paul is the ONLY canidate that understands how to fix it.

A lot of people were really upset that they lost 13% of their retirement last week. Next week it will be 26% and if we plan for it, we will pick up Paul supporters by the zip code. Move fast, the crash is near.

Quote Originally Posted by partypoker View Post
    It's time to shift the message from war to economy. The americans are too stupid to care about the lives of others, too selfish to think of the consequences of war. What we need to focus on is what can potentially hurt them and this is the rapid collapse of the credit market and uncoupling of debt obligations into a spiral of economic disaster. The stock market has begun the collapse, has plowed through resistance levels and will only continue in the future. RP is the only candidate who talks about the economy and when people believe their prosperity is at stake, and not just the lives of iraqi children, they will do something about it.

It's the economy, stupid.

Change the message please someone tell RP as soon as possible.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BORDER.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT STUDENT VISAS.
    IT'S ABOUT THE ECONOMY.

What will happen to your home when countrywide financial, the largest US lender, goes bankrupt?

US economy weighs heavily in White House race
    http://rawstory.com/news/afp/US_econ..._01112008.html

I agree. His stimulus package is good. People don't really care about THE economy, they just care about THEIR economy. Tell them that he wants to eliminate taxes on SS checks. To many that means the difference between not getting medicine they need and getting it. That is huge. Some will die this winter because they cannot afford heat. The extra cash makes all the difference in the world.

Talk about no tax on tips. Again. Important to those folks.

Try to explain about the inflation tax. I always grab them on this one, but I only do it on the phone. Never in a flier.

Talk about the concept instead of taking billions of dollars from you to give to corporations so they can hire more people, just repeal useless regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley (as he has on the table). This costs you and I nothing and saves the corps millions per year to prove they are not crooks. Literally, millions. http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/haman2.html

Bring the troops home to save us the money. You are right, no one cares about their lives, but they do care about the cost. Tell them we are going bankrupt paying the military one trillion a year to stay overseas.

Don't know how much a trillion is? Take one million dollars every day and spend it. Start in the year 1 A.D. It would take you over 730 years from today, at one million a day to spend a trillion. That is a lot of money. Explain it to them.

It is working for me.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    People don't really care about THE economy, they just care about THEIR economy.

You nailed it! Ron needs to capitolize on this since the puppets are still floating up that river in Egypt, the other canidates will eventually get sucked out to sea on the economy issue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234