Thread: IQ bell curve

IQ bell curve

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ohhhh,look at the pretty graphs

Lol the highest 2.1% represents us Paul supporters

Is it really that perfect in shape and percentages?

I wish I was 50% lower. My life would be more comfortable and happier.

sigh... sadly I'd say this is outdated. The curve is even further to the left these days. Idoitocracy anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by austin356 View Post
    Ignorance is bliss...

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by alexpasch View Post
    Lol the highest 2.1% represents us Paul supporters
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM824A View Post
    Is it really that perfect in shape and percentages?

^^^^^^^^Depends on who's looking, could be the bottom end...
    candidatestats.com - Track your favorite candidate's popularity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well atleast i can say i got a 121 IQ
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

Hmm.. I believe the IQ curve is supposed to shift depending on what average is. So if 20 years ago, average was 100.. If people got stupider in the last 20 years, and are only half as intelligent now, the average would still be 100 but in reality 100 now would be what 50 was 20 years ago.

130 IQ here, but the good news is my son is at least one standard deviation above. I'm homeschooling and believe me, he will be a patriot who knows his constitution and history.

Quote Originally Posted by billjarrett View Post
    Hmm.. I believe the IQ curve is supposed to shift depending on what average is. So if 20 years ago, average was 100.. If people got stupider in the last 20 years, and are only half as intelligent now, the average would still be 100 but in reality 100 now would be what 50 was 20 years ago.
    Really? Who regulates the sifting and such? I knew it was your intellectual age over your actual age, but I didn't know it was subject to curving by some body/group.

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    Thank you OptionsTrade, great find! Yep, this is real stuff.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

How the hell do you know your IQ?
    "Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it." - Henry David Thoreau

Lol

There is something to be said for that philosopy. The Church of the Subgenius as it was explained to the audience by Janor Hypercleats, had a serious side. It is the subgeniuses eho make up the ranks of the unhappy. Geniuses rule corners of the world and enjoy themselves in the process. Joe Sixpack is happy with his existence. But the people who are not quite geniuses...they are the sad sacks.

I have a botlle of cognitive impairment. Tonight I will be stupid(er) and happy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesogen View Post
    How the hell do you know your IQ?
    testing......

yours truly was tested several years ago at 146.

Quote Originally Posted by hankpyro View Post
    There is something to be said for that philosopy. The Church of the Subgenius as it was explained to the audience by Janor Hypercleats, had a serious side. It is the subgeniuses eho make up the ranks of the unhappy. Geniuses rule corners of the world and enjoy themselves in the process. Joe Sixpack is happy with his existence. But the people who are not quite geniuses...they are the sad sacks.

I have a botlle of cognitive impairment. Tonight I will be stupid(er) and happy.
    interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JAM824A View Post
    Really? Who regulates the sifting and such? I knew it was your intellectual age over your actual age, but I didn't know it was subject to curving by some body/group.
    Now you're picking my brain, and my old psych book is long gone. I believe it is done by the test because there are multitudes of IQ tests and new ones are constantly being developed. The average of a large base group of people is then 100 on the test. But I do know that 100 is always average, and thats why the bell curve peaks there - and that 100 is always supposed to be average.

I know theres alot of controversy over them too, because especially when applied on a worldwide basis they tend to fail. For example, a tribal person in Africa may be born with a great aptitude for learning, however he spent his life learning hunting/gathering instead of math/science. This doesn't necessarily mean he's less "intelligent", his head may be like a sponge and would soak math up instantly if thrown into a classroom. Its just not something taught in his culture, and somewhat unfair to base his intelligence on. I remember reading that there's even controversy over what intelligence is.

oh boy...let's not get into a nature vs nurture debate here Seriously, I'm too depressed right now.

I'm going to use my first post to brag about my 130 IQ.
    I was tested by a psychologist.

School is the biggest waste of my time.
    I love education though, especially history.

141 here. Glad to know I'm in the top 5%. Of course, many people here are in that group.

152, if I recall correctly. It's been many years though, and I fear modern civilization has knocked it down some.

156 here but if anyone wants 56 points I think I am willing to give them away...it's much easier being a sheeple

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    139 here.... been a while since I've taken an actual test though, instead of those funny online tests.

boy how many time have i thought that?!
    life would be SOOOOO much simpler. DAY-UM!
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by nlitement View Post
    Yeah, your English gave it away to us already.
    first, i'm on the internet....so i really don't care how i type....and second $#@! off
    Last edited by icon124; 01-08-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

Things that get more votes from the majority of the area under that curve than principled consistent voting in line with the constitution and advocating freedom:

1) Being a Baptist minister and playing the guitar.
    2) Having a charismatic youthful essence, smiling a lot, and saying the word "change"
    3) Openly spewing hatred of Muslims and citing your location on September 11, 2001.
    4) Sticking to the Republican Party platform, and calling for another 100 years in Iraq if necessary.
    5) Sticking to the Republican Party platform, and saying the word Islamofascist and/or Jihadist.
    6) Not being a Republican, and having nice hair.
    7) Lucky enough to be the spouse of a previous president.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

Of course I've probably killed many of those brain cells so in all probability I'm down to 90.
    We have two major parties [in America], the stupid party and the evil party. Every once in a while they manage to work together and we call it "bipartisanship".
    ~Thomas Woods, Rally for the Republic

Quote Originally Posted by colin1 View Post
    130 IQ here, but the good news is my son is at least one standard deviation above. I'm homeschooling and believe me, he will be a patriot who knows his constitution and history.
    Im around 130-145 depending on what test I take, but like you I am homeschooling a son... in fact 3 sons and I can only hope that this revolution has sparked the seeds of influence that will shape the years to come. It has made me more aware of the importance of critical thinking, morals, and reason over simple grammar and mathematic concepts. If our young ones can not master critical thinking and morality they are at the mercy of whatever hogwash they read or "study" in the future.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast