Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IQ bell curve

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ohhhh,look at the pretty graphs

Lol the highest 2.1% represents us Paul supporters

Quote Originally Posted by alexpasch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM824A View Post
    Is it really that perfect in shape and percentages?

^^^^^^^^Depends on who's looking, could be the bottom end...
    candidatestats.com - Track your favorite candidate's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by alexpasch View Post
    The 2% does support Paul Card-carrying MENSA member here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Is it really that perfect in shape and percentages?

I wish I was 50% lower. My life would be more comfortable and happier.

Quote Originally Posted by austin356 View Post
    Ignorance is bliss...

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lol

There is something to be said for that philosopy. The Church of the Subgenius as it was explained to the audience by Janor Hypercleats, had a serious side. It is the subgeniuses eho make up the ranks of the unhappy. Geniuses rule corners of the world and enjoy themselves in the process. Joe Sixpack is happy with his existence. But the people who are not quite geniuses...they are the sad sacks.

I have a botlle of cognitive impairment. Tonight I will be stupid(er) and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by hankpyro View Post
    There is something to be said for that philosopy. The Church of the Subgenius as it was explained to the audience by Janor Hypercleats, had a serious side. It is the subgeniuses eho make up the ranks of the unhappy. Geniuses rule corners of the world and enjoy themselves in the process. Joe Sixpack is happy with his existence. But the people who are not quite geniuses...they are the sad sacks.

I have a botlle of cognitive impairment. Tonight I will be stupid(er) and happy.
    interesting.

I'm going to use my first post to brag about my 130 IQ.
    I was tested by a psychologist.

School is the biggest waste of my time.
    I love education though, especially history.

boy how many time have i thought that?!
    life would be SOOOOO much simpler. DAY-UM!
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

sigh... sadly I'd say this is outdated. The curve is even further to the left these days. Idoitocracy anyone?

Hmm.. I believe the IQ curve is supposed to shift depending on what average is. So if 20 years ago, average was 100.. If people got stupider in the last 20 years, and are only half as intelligent now, the average would still be 100 but in reality 100 now would be what 50 was 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by billjarrett View Post
    Hmm.. I believe the IQ curve is supposed to shift depending on what average is. So if 20 years ago, average was 100.. If people got stupider in the last 20 years, and are only half as intelligent now, the average would still be 100 but in reality 100 now would be what 50 was 20 years ago.
    Really? Who regulates the sifting and such? I knew it was your intellectual age over your actual age, but I didn't know it was subject to curving by some body/group.

Really? Who regulates the sifting and such? I knew it was your intellectual age over your actual age, but I didn't know it was subject to curving by some body/group.
    Now you're picking my brain, and my old psych book is long gone. I believe it is done by the test because there are multitudes of IQ tests and new ones are constantly being developed. The average of a large base group of people is then 100 on the test. But I do know that 100 is always average, and thats why the bell curve peaks there - and that 100 is always supposed to be average.

I know theres alot of controversy over them too, because especially when applied on a worldwide basis they tend to fail. For example, a tribal person in Africa may be born with a great aptitude for learning, however he spent his life learning hunting/gathering instead of math/science. This doesn't necessarily mean he's less "intelligent", his head may be like a sponge and would soak math up instantly if thrown into a classroom. Its just not something taught in his culture, and somewhat unfair to base his intelligence on. I remember reading that there's even controversy over what intelligence is.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really? Who regulates the sifting and such? I knew it was your intellectual age over your actual age
    That's only for children; it wouldn't make sense for adult IQ tests.

(A good on-line test: http://mensa.dk/testiq.html - you don't need to read Danish)

Quote Originally Posted by Misesean View Post
    That's only for children; it wouldn't make sense for adult IQ tests.

(A good on-line test: http://mensa.dk/testiq.html - you don't need to read Danish)
    It refused to let me answer the last question. Had to wait for the timer to run out without answering.

133 at 3:30am. lol. bed time.

well atleast i can say i got a 121 IQ
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

man, going through these posts, people don't know how IQ tests work do they? heh.

100 is always the median. That's how it works. Saying "my IQ 135" means nothing as every IQ test is different and uses different standard deviations...
    Plus no online IQ test is accurate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by QWE View Post
    man, going through these posts, people don't know how IQ tests work do they? heh.

100 is always the median. That's how it works. Saying "my IQ 135" means nothing as every IQ test is different and uses different standard deviations...
    Plus no online IQ test is accurate at all.
    From what I understand IQ tests are supposed to be standardized so that the distribution matches the scores (eg. they apply the standard deviation and thus IQ scores to the "raw" scores)

Still for those of you wishing to verify the online IQ tests, I remember reading somewhere that your SAT score translates roughly to an IQ score. So a 1200 SAT would be about 120 IQ. Don't know just how accurate this conversion is, but seeing as I read that a long time ago I don't have a source for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nlitement View Post
    Yeah, your English gave it away to us already.
    first, i'm on the internet....so i really don't care how i type....and second $#@! off
    Last edited by icon124; 01-08-2008 at 10:26 PM.
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

I was tested in third grade. I remember the test.. I scored a 145.

The last part of the test was meant to see how creative you are... They gave me a sheet of white paper and in black ink a very large egg shape was drawn.

Then they gave me a pencil and said they would give me 15 seconds to "make something out of it"

They started the timer, and I thought "it looks like an egg to me"

So I didnt write anything... then they asked me "so, what did you get"

Then I said, "it's an egg" LOL!

Methinks that they scored me down for this...

Quote Originally Posted by ionlyknowy View Post
    I was tested in third grade. I remember the test.. I scored a 145.

The last part of the test was meant to see how creative you are... They gave me a sheet of white paper and in black ink a very large egg shape was drawn.

Then they gave me a pencil and said they would give me 15 seconds to "make something out of it"

They started the timer, and I thought "it looks like an egg to me"

So I didnt write anything... then they asked me "so, what did you get"

Then I said, "it's an egg" LOL!

Methinks that they scored me down for this...

LOL. You were a revolutionary long before you found Ron Paul!

But seriously, I do think this is part of the problem. Most people just don't have the intelligence to understand the fiscal and monetary crisis our country is facing. If they did, Paul would be winning by a landslide.

We really need to give some thought to what else, other than supporting Ron Paul, we can do to educate people.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    130 IQ here, but the good news is my son is at least one standard deviation above. I'm homeschooling and believe me, he will be a patriot who knows his constitution and history.

Quote Originally Posted by colin1 View Post
    130 IQ here, but the good news is my son is at least one standard deviation above. I'm homeschooling and believe me, he will be a patriot who knows his constitution and history.
    Im around 130-145 depending on what test I take, but like you I am homeschooling a son... in fact 3 sons and I can only hope that this revolution has sparked the seeds of influence that will shape the years to come. It has made me more aware of the importance of critical thinking, morals, and reason over simple grammar and mathematic concepts. If our young ones can not master critical thinking and morality they are at the mercy of whatever hogwash they read or "study" in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    Thank you OptionsTrade, great find! Yep, this is real stuff.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

How the hell do you know your IQ?
    "Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Mesogen View Post
    How the hell do you know your IQ?
    testing......

yours truly was tested several years ago at 146.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast