Thread: *** Announcing TheBonfire.com Project - Grassroots Organizational Project.

*** Announcing TheBonfire.com Project - Grassroots Organizational Project.

I think its clear that we need more organization with the Ron Paul grassroots campaign, that is why I am officially starting on the TheBonfire.com project. Each user will have the ability to start a "fire" (small campaign/activity) in their local area or have it dispersed and associated with a much larger scale of individual nodes.

Users will be able to join or start their own individual activities and will have the ability to plot the exact location on a google maps type map where they will execute their "branch" of the campaign/activity amidst the larger "bonfire". This will allow complex organization and intricate planning for everything from canvassing, sign wavings, and more.

People will also be able to comment on each activity with a "digg style" interface and allowed to rate the activities and comments. Media such as videos and images will also be allowed to be added to each activity's page.

Look below for some of the features of the site.

ETL (Estimated Time 'till Launch): 25-30 Days.

Programming languages used:

PHP
    AJAX
    MySQL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A web application which enables users to organize meet ups in real time.

- Users have access to an interactive map.

- Users will submit activities with a location, time, and desired number of participants.

- Users will search for activities by submitting an address and/or zip code, and radius, or using the map.

- Users can join activities.

- Users can comment on activities.

- Users can submit media links to activities. (which would allow for videos/photos/blogs of the activity)

- Users can comment on links.

Activities / Locations can be centralized or dispersed. When the user joins a dispersed activity, it can either join at that location, or in a new location. The other locations are plotted on the map too.

- Users can browse all activities in a list.

- The list can be sorted with the activities occurring next first.

- The list can be sorted with newly submitted activities first.

- The list can be sorted by desired number of participants.

- The list can be sorted by number of participants so far.

- Users can browse all links submitted to all activities in a list.

- The list can be sorted newest first.

- The list can be sorted according to how many participants the activities had.

- The list can be sorted oldest first.

Page for each activity:

- There is a button to join the activity on this page.

- There is a button to post a link to this page.

- AJAX comment box to post a comment

- maybe* a digg style rating system for comments.

- Show avatar and profile of user who submitted this location / activity.

- If the event is over, it displays how quickly the event was organized (time posted to time all slots were filled or when it occurred).

- It displays when it is to occur, if it hasn't happened yet.

- Displays who participated.

- Displays links connected to it.

- Displays comments.

Info for each link

- Displays activity it is a part of

- Displays when the activity occured

- Displays when the link was submitted

- Displays who submitted the link

- Displays comments

- Site has official date and time (to synchronize watches!)

- It shows the number of registered users.

- Users will have a score system based upon how many successful events / locations / activities they have made and participated in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments welcome.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am no teck geek so did not read through it but my only comment is I am thinking about some kind of better organization but it can't be in a month has to be up and running like now--like getting everyone to Michigan for the Jan 15th Priamry

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    I am no teck geek so did not read through it but my only comment is I am thinking about some kind of better organization but it can't be in a month has to be up and running like now--like getting everyone to Michigan for the Jan 15th Priamry
    I would love to get it up now but it's quite a programming task and I'm running full steam ahead as it is. I may be able to pull off a beta in 2 weeks, but I have to at least try to maintain outside jobs in order to keep an income (I have bills to pay you know )

Looks amazing, please do what you can.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Thanks, I want to let people know that it is in the works but at the same time I am not sure I really want to publicly announce it in the grassroots forum until I have a solid launch date.

I honestly understand the importance of this project and I suspect if it becomes widely supported by the grassroots it may make or break our campaign.