Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reports of Record Breaking Turnout

Reports of Record Breaking Turnout

I heard something to the tune of over 80% expected turnout. All this time, turnout was one of our biggest advantages, and now that advantage is being marginalized.

If Iowa was any indication, we may have a new problem.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ruro... hopefully they aren't a bunch of evangelicals in vans

I'm guess they are mostly voting barack though.
    Ronpublicans unite!

Big turnout is not good because the sheep will be going in mass.

You never know. Could be RP getting 100% turnout and making an impact.

Have to wait and see.
    The Constitution? I'm pretty sure the Patriot Act killed it to protect our freedom.
    -- Bart Simpson

Maybe...

...they are all pissed at the Fox exclusion, and they are turning out to send a message to the MSM about how they'll be the ones to determine who is and isn't a legitimate candidate, thank you very much.

A guy can dream, right?
    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

-- Barry Goldwater
    Acceptance Speech at the 1964 Republican Convention

By the same token, we NEED a large turnout. Our base is concentrated in groups that typically have low turnout rates. A large turnout COULD mean that the young people are showing up today.

We can only hope.

If you are in NH, please get the vote out.
    "Eat right, get plenty of sleep, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by iamvoodoo View Post
    I heard something to the tune of over 80% expected turnout. All this time, turnout was one of our biggest advantages, and now that advantage is being marginalized.

If Iowa was any indication, we may have a new problem.
    I bet a majority of them are liberal democrats in support of Obama and radical feminists in support of Hillary.

I would like to remind people in NH that the threat of Bears is still very real, and in these uncertain times one would not be looked down upon to stay in one's home.*

*Unless you will vote for RP.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    yep. Hopefully they are voting democrat

Quote Originally Posted by micahnelson View Post
    I would like to remind people in NH that the threat of Bears is still very real, and in these uncertain times one would not be looked down upon to stay in one's home.*

LOL, excellent points. They should be deully noted by non-RP primary voters.
    Ronpublicans unite!

CNN just reported that, according to their exit polling, most of the independents are voting for Obama ;-(
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

Boo. On a related tangent: if Obama keeps this up, it'll become somewhat irrelevant whether we win the nomination.
    Last edited by Mark Rushmore; 01-08-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Also, I've heard reports of wild dingos attacking McCain voters...unconfirmed of course, but hey, be on the safe side and stay indoors today

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    By the same token, we NEED a large turnout. Our base is concentrated in groups that typically have low turnout rates. A large turnout COULD mean that the young people are showing up today.

We can only hope.

If you are in NH, please get the vote out.
    I disagree. Iowa was a very large turnout (33% more than expected) and we finished 5th. I'd venture to say that most of our supporters will come out and vote regardless. A lower turnout would be to our advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by micahnelson View Post

lol. Loves it.
    "The only justifiable purpose of political institutions is to ensure
    the unhindered development of the individual." — Albert Einstein

"When I grow up I wanna be a principal or a caterpillar." — Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rushmore View Post
    Boo. On a related tangent: if Obama keeps this up, it'll become somewhat irrelevant whether we win the nomination.
    wrong here's why

third is up for grabs today
    if we win third the media blackout ends

if ron paul wins the nomination we all win period
    he would pwn obama one on one
    obama couldn't pretend like he's the anti-war candidate
    ron paul would pwn on economy too

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Essentially all the GOP candidates are fighting over the Independent "scraps" that won't vote Democrat.
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

All day it seems like independents are going for Obama rather then trying to make a substantive impact on the GOP Race.

All the old people are going for McCain.

Sigh
    Last edited by AgentPaul001; 01-08-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Calmed down.

For those who are discouraged by the "high turnout," keep this in mind. It is still very early, and in order to make this projection, they are looking at all the demographics and comparing it to previous elections. Old people always turnout to vote, so this isnt the factor, its the young people that almost never do. The fact that there are lots of young people voting today, in contrast to the past, is why they are projecting high turnout.

This is actually good news for us, as thats our strongest demographic. Its possible that the high number of young people is skewing the entire projection due to the abnormal nature of this election, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    And that is the problem- with so many independents going for obama, it takes votes away from Ron.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Stop the doom and gloom.

A. Independents voting Obama doesn't really make a difference. What will count is whether the RP supporters that exist will turn out in higher numbers. I don't see many RP supporters switching to Obama - they're too smart.

B. It's always been doubtful that RP could beat McCain. We need a strong 2nd or 3rd in this one so the campaign can move on with more legitimacy in the eyes of Americans. We only need to beat Huckabee and Romney. If McCain whips Romney that actually helps us.

C. In Iowa, RP had his largest base of support in the suburbs. These are working families who will most likely vote after work is over.

Bottom line? It ain't over until the fat lady sings.
    The Constitution? I'm pretty sure the Patriot Act killed it to protect our freedom.
    -- Bart Simpson

If Hillary had creamed Obama in Iowa, the majority of independents in NH would be voting in the GOP Primary.

High turnout is great for us!

We're talking New Hampshire, folks, Live Free or Die!

They were talking last night how the young people work hard for their candidate and then forget to vote.

Let's hope every single Ron Paul supporter votes today.

And, besides, have I mentioned Ron Paul is coming in third so far?

they're all going for Obama, he will win something like 40%+ of the vote

hopefully the exit polls will make that clear soon so people can go and vote Ron paul knowing the other one is over

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by santopia View Post
    Stop the doom and gloom.

A. Independents voting Obama doesn't really make a difference. What will count is whether the RP supporters that exist will turn out in higher numbers. I don't see many RP supporters switching to Obama - they're too smart.

B. It's always been doubtful that RP could beat McCain. We need a strong 2nd or 3rd in this one so the campaign can move on with more legitimacy in the eyes of Americans. We only need to beat Huckabee and Romney. If McCain whips Romney that actually helps us.

C. In Iowa, RP had his largest base of support in the suburbs. These are working families who will most likely vote after work is over.

Bottom line? It ain't over until the fat lady sings.
    I totally agree. If McCain beats Romney in NH, Romney will likely win his home state of Michigan next Tuesday thereby turning this GOP race into a scramble. If the Good Doctor can finish respectably at third in both states, then the fence sitters will start to give him a second look.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaul001 View Post
    All day it seems like independents are going for Obama rather then trying to make a substantive impact on the GOP Race.

All the old people are going for McCain.

Sigh
    Look mccain and romney will win the first 2 places probably.

Third is major for us and might finally give us that "frontrunner" label.

This will knock out hunter and maybe even thompson. Guiliani will lose more support. Huck will be written off as a one hit wonder if he goes fifth or lower.

Who cares what happens with the dems for now?
    Ron Paul would pwn on one on one debate anyway.

Alot of turnout is democratic and independent. Even though Obama is getting alot of independents, it doesn't mean that Paul is getting any. The Republican still have slim pickens' in general.

Paul can easily out-debate and beat Obama He is simply too experienced and too educated about our economy, he will easily expose Obama as nothing more than a sophomoric politician with amazing rhetorical abilities.

People will choose the experienced economist Paul over the inspirational but shallow Obama.

no way there will be 80% lolol

There was what 10% in Iowa..

Quote Originally Posted by colin1 View Post
    Also, I've heard reports of wild dingos attacking McCain voters...unconfirmed of course, but hey, be on the safe side and stay indoors today
    Not a deterrent. Voting for McCain or listening to him speak is also like being attacked by wild dingos.

Independants know that '3rd place Ron Paul = Black eye for Fox News'. They may vote for paul just to take Fox down a notch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast