Thread: Idea for Tool to Help with GOTV Canvassing

Idea for Tool to Help with GOTV Canvassing

So, I'm going to start my canvassing soon as precinct captain and I have an idea that I think will be helpful to converting Dems, Independents, and Republicans that haven't already heard of Ron Paul or maybe they've heard his name but don't know anything about him.

The campaign would like us just to drop off literature, but I think we can do one better than that.

Multimedia, in particular videos, have a profound effect on people and, from my own experience as well as others, one of the easiest ways to convert people is to show them videos of Dr. Paul.

Rather than having to burn 1000 DVDs or carry a laptop door-to-door why not create a website that is very simple yet contains the most persuasive Ron Paul vids out there, followed by links to his official site and to ronpaullibrary.org. That way not only can you drop off slim jims, which are great, but you can seal the deal and have them go to this website.

I was thinking have Aravoth's videos first followed by Dr. Paul's townhall meeting in Manchester, NH.

I'm just brainstorming here, so all input and/or constructive criticism is welcome.

I'll need a web designer to help, I'm no good at any of that. I think I have a server lined up we can use though.

What do you guys think?

If you like the idea, what videos have you used to convert people or what videos converted you?

Peace,
    Denny

PS I'm still up from last night because I've been kicking this idea around and I'm on edge about NH!!
    '"No army can stop an idea whose time has come!" - Ron Paul 2007

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by derdy View Post
    So, I'm going to start my canvassing soon as precinct captain and I have an idea that I think will be helpful to converting Dems, Independents, and Republicans that haven't already heard of Ron Paul or maybe they've heard his name but don't know anything about him.

The campaign would like us just to drop off literature, but I think we can do one better than that.

Multimedia, in particular videos, have a profound effect on people and, from my own experience as well as others, one of the easiest ways to convert people is to show them videos of Dr. Paul.

Rather than having to burn 1000 DVDs or carry a laptop door-to-door why not create a website that is very simple yet contains the most persuasive Ron Paul vids out there, followed by links to his official site and to ronpaullibrary.org. That way not only can you drop off slim jims, which are great, but you can seal the deal and have them go to this website.

I was thinking have Aravoth's videos first followed by Dr. Paul's townhall meeting in Manchester, NH.

I'm just brainstorming here, so all input and/or constructive criticism is welcome.

I'll need a web designer to help, I'm no good at any of that. I think I have a server lined up we can use though.

What do you guys think?

If you like the idea, what videos have you used to convert people or what videos converted you?

Peace,
    Denny

PS I'm still up from last night because I've been kicking this idea around and I'm on edge about NH!!
    I was considering buying a bunch of 64 MB flash sticks in bulk (if I can find them anywhere) and filling them all with a set of vids.

What about the dvd's at www.ronpaulreveres.com? They're like .28 each so it wouldn't be too expensive to leave those instead of flyers.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I was thinking this would be for the folks we visit with broadband connections. For those with dialup, I was thinking we could get a torrent out there with the same videos we decide to put on the website and burn them to DVD or we could do what you're suggesting.

The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    What about the dvd's at www.ronpaulreveres.com? They're like .28 each so it wouldn't be too expensive to leave those instead of flyers.
    What videos are on there and what's the turnaround on delivery?

Only dropping off literature is NOT part of a GOTV effort.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72640
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by saahmed View Post
    ronpaulishope.com
    Whose site is that? If they could update and add some videos to that it would be perfect!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by derdy View Post
    What videos are on there and what's the turnaround on delivery?
    They have the video on the website (so you can view it). I've watched it and it has Dr Paul speaking about all issues. The outside of the DVD looks just like it does online - so it looks very professional! People will want to plug it in to watch it

I'm not sure on delivery since I got a copy from someone on my meetup. (username here: erin moore) You could PM her to ask!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

ronpaulishope.com
    This is one of the videos that got me interested.

But I would like to point out, if we could get people looking at the ISSUES section of the RonPaul2008.com site, such as (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/debt-and-taxes/) there are some great videos of RP speaking frankly on those points.

I think having a centralized website (and set of videos) to help get people interested is a great idea, if there is no site like this in existence yet. And as cool as it may sound to give out flash drives, I think DVD's and CD's are much better as they are far cheaper and cannot be rewritten.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Only dropping off literature is NOT part of a GOTV effort.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72640
    I'd rather not drop off literature, that's my whole point to this. According to the voters.ronpaul2008.com a lit drop is what you're supposed to start off with. (not that I agree with that)

I'm taking a different approach, I'm just going door to door. My entire voting precinct is my neighborhood and half of another one. It's all w/i a 2 mile radius

I sent you a PM last night check it out

www.ronpauldvdproject.com. i gave them a big donation so they could make thousands of dvds and get them out at cost. try them and see how much and how quickly they can supply your needs.
    "Whatever you can vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass." Paul J. Meyer, self-made billionaire philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Laja View Post
    www.ronpauldvdproject.com. i gave them a big donation so they could make thousands of dvds and get them out at cost. try them and see how much and how quickly they can supply your needs.
    I'll check them out.

As for the website however, that would be at NO cost which is especially nice for those that can't afford it.

ronpaulishope.com
    http://www.ronpaulishope.com

That video is very good. The site owner needs to add a link that isn't a flash format, like avi or mpg, and I think the link to the main Paul site needs to not be in grey.

They could also include a link to the "ronpauldvdproject" site:
    http://www.ronpauldvdproject.com/download.php
    Or to the avi file directly (if that's allowed):
    http://66.90.67.172/RonPaulDVDProject.avi
    So people can have more video to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Edu View Post
    http://www.ronpaulishope.com

That video is very good. The site owner needs to add a link that isn't a flash format, like avi or mpg, and I think the link to the main Paul site needs to not be in grey.

They could also include a link to the "ronpauldvdproject" site:
    http://www.ronpauldvdproject.com/download.php
    Or to the avi file directly (if that's allowed):
    http://66.90.67.172/RonPaulDVDProject.avi
    So people can have more video to watch.
    I emailed the site admin and shot him my ideas. Hopefully, he'll reply soon