Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sean Hannity Flees Ron Paul Supporters

I've pissed off a lot of people tonight, but I lived in America for 23 years, and you guys are way too serious....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyRonPaulSupporter View Post
    Lol....That reminds me of Bush's statement...."either your with us or you are against us".
    You took the words out of my mouth. I am tired of people trying to keep the rEVOLution down! Do they want change or not?

so let me get this straight....Sean Hannity was spammed
    with snowballs?
    If change is inevitable, predictable, beneficial, doesn't logic demand that you be a part of it? James T. Kirk

Lol....That reminds me of Bush's statement...."either your with us or you are against us".
    Yeah, it is that simple I'm afraid-- from the perspective of winning elections, this is one of those You're either with us or against us moments. Anyone who I see justifying this, I will not talk to them and I will do everything within my power to marginalize them from our movement.

If you disagree, why don't you tell me all about the election campaign YOU participated in, in which harassing and assaulting major members of the media who influence huge voting blocs in your constituency, has helped you win. You can even satisfy me by telling me of any campaigns that you are AWARE OF that have used this strategy.

Let me save you the time, as someone who has followed elections for two decades-- It has never happened.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaronWestbrooke View Post
    You took the words out of my mouth. I am tired of people trying to keep the rEVOLution down! Do they want change or not?
    I guess now that the revolution is becoming "real" people chicken out. I'm not for violence, but even Ron Paul himself supports civil disobedience. That's why this fires me up even more, and I will work even harder to get Dr Paul elected so we can have our country back!

"The phrase honest politician is an oxymoron. Yet in the sense that [Ron] Paul has never, ever voted against his stated principle, the phrase describes him."
    - Texas Monthly Magazine -

___

Is This America? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VRd3YzOXpI

I'm a Precinct Leader, are You!?

I guess now that the revolution is becoming "real" people chicken out. I'm not for violence, but even Ron Paul himself supports civil disobedience. That's why this fires me up even more, and I will work even harder to get Dr Paul elected so we can have our country back!

GOOD! we need some mobs in the streets at this point. Why should we obey the military-industrial complex we are fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by DaronWestbrooke View Post
    We want to win the Election Daron-- If any supporter of these actions would patiently and clearly explain how this action wins us the election, making reference to your knowledge of the demographics of undecided voters and how they will respond positively to this sort of action (and the attendant negative media publicity) I am happy to listen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Red View Post
    Yeah, it is that simple I'm afraid-- from the perspective of winning elections, this is one of those You're either with us or against us moments. Anyone who I see justifying this, I will not talk to them and I will do everything within my power to marginalize them from our movement.

If you disagree, why don't you tell me all about the election campaign YOU participated in, in which harassing and assaulting major members of the media who influence huge voting blocs in your constituency, has helped you win. You can even satisfy me by telling me of any campaigns that you are AWARE OF that have used this strategy.

Let me save you the time, as someone who has followed elections for two decades-- It has never happened.

All I can say to that is a quote from the good doctor himself: "It's not about me, it's about the message!"
    "The phrase honest politician is an oxymoron. Yet in the sense that [Ron] Paul has never, ever voted against his stated principle, the phrase describes him."

___

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Red View Post
    We want to win the Election Daron-- If any supporter of these actions would patiently and clearly explain how this action wins us the election, making reference to your knowledge of the demographics of undecided voters and how they will respond positively to this sort of action (and the attendant negative media publicity) I am happy to listen to that.
    Look at any poll, 90% of the people are not happy with what is going on. They are just too afraid to stand up. We are rising as an example that they don't need to be in fear of the controllers, they can rise up. The more they see resistance, the more they will resist.

This is a rEVOLution, not a tea party.

OK I am done with my good deed for the day in correcting the errors of those who approve of these sorts of tactics-- so this is my last post for now and you can come up with whatever cute responses you like.

What we are objecting to was the violence and mob mentality-- No one was objecting to civil disobedience or of attempting to hold Hannity accountable. It was the chasing Hannity around and throwing snowballs that made this idiotic.
    Last edited by Cardinal Red; 01-07-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Stop picking on Ron Paul supporters. Divide and conquer. It's an old trick and works wonders. These were not real Ron Paul supporters.
    "Whatever you can vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass." Paul J. Meyer, self-made billionaire philanthropist

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

*Ahem* Do you know what civil disobedience is? It does not involve threatening another person with violence, chucking snowballs, or yelling obcenities. Civil disobedience means not following civil, administrative, or public laws you feel to be unjust or contrary to natural law and/or your own conscience. It is by its very nature a peaceful resistance to tyranny. See Henry David Thoreau on the matter, please.

I applaud those who chased Hannity!

Did they get alittle loud and possibly overzealous with cursing him ? sure ?

But overall they were non-violent and speaking out against someone who is part of fox news.

Fox News is trying to subvert our democracy through flagrant censorship, it is our patriotic duty to use civil / non-violent disobedience against them.

Hannity is most definitely partly responsible for Fox's spin machine, so he should be protested against as well.

In future cases ( SOUTH CAROLINA ) we can all agree to both be MORE forceful AND LESS violent / loud / rude .

For instance in this case:
    One does not have to shout curses or be "mean" to be civilly disobedient.
    One can still walk swiftly (follow Hannity in public ) speak softly but confidently & forcefully ( think MLK ).

But.....One can legally be EVEN MORE FORCEFUL than those on video and should !

What law was preventing people following him in into his hotel ?
    What law was preventing people from getting a room at that hotel ?
    What law was preventing a large band of people to get rooms at that hotel ?
    What laws were preventing people lodging in adjacent hotels and following around Hannity everywhere he went to remind he was working for a fascist organization that is hurting our democracy ?

Do laws even apply in civil disobedience ? Not usually. In this case ? Probably not.

Please remember this when Paul gets censored at the Debate in Myrtle Beach, SC

above post explained why laws do not usually apply to civil disobedience

Just look at above post for a better explanation of why laws usually DO NOT apply to civil disobedience.

This is a very very important thing for Paul supporters to think about.

$#@!...while I am at it ....

Do you think it would have been patriotic to organize a sit-in at that hotel ?

I think it's highly probable that the answer is yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mises View Post
    *Ahem* Do you know what civil disobedience is? It does not involve threatening another person with violence, chucking snowballs, or yelling obcenities. Civil disobedience means not following civil, administrative, or public laws you feel to be unjust or contrary to natural law and/or your own conscience. It is by its very nature a peaceful resistance to tyranny. See Henry David Thoreau on the matter, please.

I know that post didn't come out right. My point was just that I'm not for violence, but for civil disobedience. But that clip made me want to go out canvassing even more....It just struck a chord...

___

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerJoes View Post
    I applaud those who chased Hannity!

Did they get alittle loud and possibly overzealous with cursing him ? sure ?

But overall they were non-violent and speaking out against someone who is part of fox news.

Fox News is trying to subvert our democracy through flagrant censorship, it is our patriotic duty to use civil / non-violent disobedience against them.

Hannity is most definitely partly responsible for Fox's spin machine, so he should be protested against as well.

In future cases ( SOUTH CAROLINA ) we can all agree to both be MORE forceful AND LESS violent / loud / rude .

For instance in this case:
    One does not have to shout curses or be "mean" to be civilly disobedient.
    One can still walk swiftly (follow Hannity in public ) speak softly but confidently & forcefully ( think MLK ).

But.....One can legally be EVEN MORE FORCEFUL than those on video and should !

What law was preventing people following him in into his hotel ?
    What law was preventing people from getting a room at that hotel ?
    What law was preventing a large band of people to get rooms at that hotel ?
    What laws were preventing people lodging in adjacent hotels and following around Hannity everywhere he went to remind he was working for a fascist organization that is hurting our democracy ?

Do laws even apply in civil disobedience ? Not usually. In this case ? Probably not.

Please remember this when Paul gets censored at the Debate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Believe it or not, some laws do matter - natural laws that preclude a liberty-loving individual from threatening another person, or harming his property or life. As small an incident as throwing a snowball at someone is - it violates the rights of another individual and by definition is not civil disobedience. The same holds for going onto someone's property when you are not invited or have been asked to leave - it's not civil disobedience.

Not paying taxes, refusing military service, etc...civil disobedience. Not respecting another person's property rights = tyranny.

Let's be careful not to blur the lines. People who advocate for peace, liberty, and property rights must be careful to always respect the equal rights of others, no matter how much things they've said (or haven't said) have ticked us off.

Quote Originally Posted by jersdream View Post
    He will...it is on the front page of his website...there is no way he doesn't show it...

Oh, crap. I guess that means I have to watch that idiot tonight. What a sick sad world we live in.

Sean Hannity is more upset about the fact that he soiled his panties at the sight of Ron Paul supporters last night and he failed to pack an extra pair.
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoop dee doo. Hannity is probably going to show this on his show tonight and try to play the victim, and the Alan Colmes will be sitting there laughing and making wise cracks about how funny this incident was.

There is no point complaing over this - it is already done. Sure, these RP supporters were out of line and to a certain extent that will reflect on the campaign (although the only people who are probably really outraged by this are the members of Sean Hannity's own personal "cult"). The flip side of this is that FOX "Far From Balanced" News personalities will now have to consider that if they want to use their channel to incite a riot, they may have to pay the consequences when they go out in public. The "crazy" Ron Paul supporters that did this are also "crazy" people that take Fox News way too seriously - and ultimately Fox News is responsible for that by encouraging them.

Quote Originally Posted by LinearChaos View Post
    He is crying about snowballs? He is lucky this is the 21st century and he didn't get tarred and feathered.
    He could have got tasered.

Earth to Hannity

It could have been worse....

Much, much worse...

What snowballs. I didn't see any snowballs. I think he is making it up.

Sean Hannity is a dangerous man because he has a national forum and can spew his skewed views. He better wake up to the reality that there are consequences. A revolution is about change and we don't ask for change, we make it change. If we ask for the revolution, say goodnight. Those guys out there are voting tomorrow and all we need is this enthusiasm in every state to get the nomination.

I really am struggling with this one. On one side i don't want to give Fox any ammo.

On the other side, people who opress have always used the same tactic- We set the rules in our favor and push you into a corner. The second you fight back your a lunatic.

We don't have a mass media voice to refute them, so by playing with thier rules we always accept defeat.

What do you expect to happen when you force someone into a corner. Did they not think people would finally become angry?

The Boston tea party wasn't polite. The provocation of the "shot heard round the world" wasn't polite. We now look at those people as heros.
    It's mostly based on perspective. Every revolutionary will be called a terrorist.

At the end of the day, i wish i had time to ask Hannity why he's such a wuss. I wouldn't have publicised this if I were him.

Frank Luntz came out and faced the same crowd. He didn't run from them. He was a smug piece of crap, but he spoke with them, argued his point and when he wanted to leave, the crowd seperated to allow him to pass and he walked off completely unmolested.

Hannity chose to make himself a target and ran. People will always pursue cowardice. Maybe if he were a real man or had any balls he would have spoken with them. I mean come on, he suffered no worse than any 3rd grader has and walked away with a smile. Chased by people on the way to your posh hotel and grazed by a snowball? Oh, the humanity!! This explains alot about all those snowball and pillowfight casuality and trauma survivors I keep hearing about.

Can you really tell me he would have had this happen if he came out and said

" I guess free speech allows you to come out and protest, but i'm a commentater and don't have any power to change the debate rules. If you heard my last broadcast I had Dr. Paul on and although we disagreed I respect him. If you want your voice heard, getting in front of the cameras out front may be your best bet. Good Night"

He chose to make it an incident as much as the supporters did. He should be ashamed of his lack of a spine. He talks a big game in the studio but doesn't want to be challenged in real life.

As i said, i'm still torn about it, but everyone has a breaking point and if people don't want to be confronted then pushing large groups of people into a feeling of helplessness and ridiculing them repeatedly in public will have blowback as well.

$#@!ing retards...they were just worst than Sean.

The irony is that Sean Hannity is wailing and whining about imaginary snowballs but he condones torture, waterboarding, Abu Gharaib, and Guantanamo Bay. Hannity has proven himself to be nothing more than a First Class hypocrite who is more concerned with primping himself in front of a mirror than basic human rights.
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree that this is not the kind of behavior we should be showing. I know alot of people who are turned off because of some of our supporters. You can spin it however you want, but ludicrous behavior even to someone like Hannity isnt the way to win votes. To bad alot of our supporters do not think beyond the moment.

I know 'young' people, and I am not trying to lump everyone together, want to be taken seriously in this country. But, behavior like this is the reason you are not. You are seen as disrespectful and rude.

What incident? A bunch of people yelled at him and someone threw a snowball at him. What is he in fourth $#@!ing grade? It's not a big deal, and you guys are making like someone punched him out or something.

Stop being little $#@!ing girls like Hannity is being about this. Let him cry about it on air then go douche.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast