Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Astrology: Charting the Rise of Ron Paul

COURTEOUS READER
    Astrology is one of the most ancient Sciences, had in high Esteem of old, by the Wise and Great. Formerly no Prince would make War or Peace, nor any General fight a Battle, in short no important Affair was undertaken without first consulting an Astrologer, who examined the Aspects and Configurations of the heavenly Bodies, and mark'd the lucky Hour. Now the noble Art (more Shame to the Age we live in!) is dwindled into Contempt; the Great neglect us, Empires make Leagues, and Parliaments Laws, without advising us; and scarce any other Use is made of our learned Labours, than to find the best Time of cutting Corns, or gelding Pigs,--This Mischief we owe in a geat Measure to ourselves: The ignorant Herd of Mankind, had they not been encourag'd to it by some of us, would never have dared to depreciate our sacred Dictates; but Urania has been betray'd by her own Sons; those whom she had favour'd with the greatest skill in her divine Art, the most eminent Astronomers among the Moderns, the Newtons, Halleys and Whistons, have wantonly contemn'd and abus'd her, contrary to the Light of their own Consciences. - Benjamin Franklin (1751)
    Last edited by Ariondys; 12-29-2011 at 12:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ariondys,

Here's the source regarding the 'first date' of Ron and Carolyn.

http://marriage.about.com/od/politics/p/ronpaul.htm

It was either Friday 29 Feb 1952 or Saturday 1 March 1952 -- a 'Sadie Hawkins-type' party on (or about) Carolyn's 16th birthday (born 29 Feb 1936).

The 7:35 time places Saturn in 7th house -- he got married at a young age (21) which this placement would contradict -- maybe that's why Granny Miller pushed the time up approx 10 minutes -- Saturn in 6th may also validate his knee injury that ended his track career.
    (knee injury according to Conservative Liberty Alliance website)

Welcome ryan -- I see you have progressive interests ie qi gong and quantum theory -- metaphysics and physics are some interests of mine too -- Dewey Larson's Reciprocal System Theory is one that you might find of interest -- but can talk about this later if interested -- time to focus on RP's chart.

Welcome to all open-minded RP supporters.

My thought is that we are in a "100th Monkey" moment, a critical mass -- and RP has talked about and recognizes that there is this tipping point of approx 15% (nationally) of passionate and dedicated supporters that will grow quickly to 50+% as he and we stay focused and on message. The theory is that the quality and intensity of the smaller group dynamic can affect the larger group.

RP was in synch with the dynamic 'election chart' of his presidential announcement on 13 March 2011 saying that "my success is that I always win" -- check the youtube video of "I always win" -- it's one of the best videos I've seen and a great anthem.
    Last edited by MikefromSyracuse; 12-29-2011 at 02:25 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Saturn in the 7th doesn't contradict.
    It adds enduring qualities which are helpful to lasting relationships. These people are reluctant to assume the responsibilities of marriage until they or their prospective mates are firmly established.

The hidden dimension in astrology often overlooked, is the declinations. They are known as parallel when 2 planets have the same declination. Ron Paul does in fact have a noteworthy and most appropriate(for a libertarian) declination aspect. His Sun at 12n45 and Uranus at 12n52 are parallel. Mars and Jupiter may also be a wide parallel

http://issuu.com/considerations/docs/07-1#download
    article on Declinations starts on page 9 with the Sun-Uranus on page 14

I found this strange "method" for determining USA election winners as well, :O while searching for the Makransky declination article.
    article on pages 47-67 on Election Winners specifically for the USA
    I have to put a warning on this material if you are not already familiar with astrology. This is the 1st I've seen it and caught my interest for obvious reasons.

The Identifying Elections was written in 1991, it's just a construct of pseudo-astrology and statistics that immediately goes on to fail predicting. Though I wonder what patterns might immerge from a similiar study wherein 1000s of sample can be taken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_caucuses
    The 2012 Iowa caucuses will take place on Tuesday, January 3, at 7 p.m. CT.

The Iowa caucuses are noteworthy for the amount of media attention they receive during U.S. presidential election years. Since 1972, the Iowa caucuses have been the first major electoral event of the nominating process for President of the United States. Although only about one percent of the nation's delegates are chosen by the Iowa State Convention, the Iowa caucuses have served as an early indication of which candidates for president might win the nomination of their political party at that party's national convention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Re...caucuses,_2012
    The 2012 Iowa Republican caucuses are scheduled to take place on January 3, 2012. The Iowa Republican caucuses are an unofficial primary, with the delegates to the state convention selected proportionally via a straw poll. The Iowa caucuses mark the traditional formal start of the delegate selection process for the 2012 United States presidential election. There are 28 delegates at stake that will be assigned proportionally.

An astrologer looking closely at Ron Paul is going to see a lot of activity in his chart. The inevitable conclusion is obvious.

Transit Pluto trining Ascendant, Pluto trining Uranus.
    - long term effects due to Pluto's slow apparent motion
    Transit Pluto forming Grand Trine with Uranus, Ascendant

Transit Pluto opposite midpoint of Uranus and Ascendant
    - Developments in being the cause of other people's excitement

Pluto trine Ascendant: An agent of change. An increase in personal power. It is important to use this power for the good of all. Increased capacity for self expression. Changes in relationships leading out of stagnation. (i'm sure Paul is weary of hanging out in Washington the way he has)

7:35:20 -Transit Moon in 9th house forms on the Grand Trine and enters 9th
    early in the day and spends the day in the 9th house. By 8pm CST Moon conjunct Kronos.
    Jupiter stations Dec 25/26 and is sitting flush with the placidus 9th house cusp from Dec 17 2011
    when it's apparently velocity drops to about 10% of the year's later maximum apparent velocity
    until Jan 2 2012. Note 10% is an arbitrary number to give for a stationing planet.

Jupiter conjuncts 9th house (placidus) cusp.
    Success success! The start of yet another wave of Jupiter transiting Ron Paul's 9th house. This is when he is on the move, 1976, 1988, 2012. Idk what exactly was going on around 2000. Something important was going on though, you can see it in his progressions. Jupiter in the 9th is opportunities for travel and teaching. Success at promoting and publishing comes here.

Transit Mars/Jupiter midpoint semisquares Sun (0-55' applying)
    Transit midpoint Mars/Jupiter(8n28) parallel Ascendant
    Transit Saturn contraparallel Ascendant
    Saturn=Mars/Jupiter : The ripe fruit, birth.

Transit Sun opposite Moon/Ascendant midpoint
    to be brought before the public

Progressions
    Progressions are long term effects

progressed Sun conjunct Mars, applying
    He's on fire. The boost of energy of a lifetime.

Progressed Sun parallel Jupiter, applying
    The culminating success of a lifetime.

progressed Mars trine Uranus, applying: exact in 3 months
    very positive kind of liberation of engergies, the courage to do things

progressed Mars trine Ascendant: all term. assertive president.

progressed Saturn square Midheaven - this aspect has been active for a very long time.
    1 degree orb for his entire political career. Since 1976.

Ariondys
    Last edited by Ariondys; 01-01-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Ron takes first.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Ron Paul Questions Alan Greenspan 2-17-2000
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2AqGQirW1Y

Feb 17 2000
    Jupiter(0tau30) conjuncted 9th house

Jan 3 2012
    Jupiter(0tau30)

Yes, you're looking at 1 full orbit of Jupiter to the day. Then and now.

A defining moment in his 2000, I suppose, considering it's been preserved on reposted on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ariondys View Post
    A Saturn in the 7th doesn't contradict.
    It adds enduring qualities which are helpful to lasting relationships. These people are reluctant to assume the responsibilities of marriage until they or their prospective mates are firmly established.
    You have done much more due diligence and rectification work than I and I applaud your effort.
    I am just taking a position that would justify why Granny Miller would decide on 7:45. She may have rectified 7:35 with some variance.

The enduring quality of 54 years marriage is of course not refuted and I ask would that still be consistent with 6th house Saturn within 2 degrees of the Descendent?

I would assume so and Ron and Carolyn's close working relationship -- she worked in his medical practice and publishing business, they together created a cookbook during his congressional terms and now today for president -- would also be consistent with the 6th/7th cusp.

The 'firmly established' aspect is what I question due this excerpt from the about.com link:

During Ron's senior year, he and Carol were married on February 1, 1957 in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania at Dormont Presbyterian Church.
    Ron is not yet firmly established but perhaps Carolyn may well be established at 20 years old but that is quite rare. The early marriage appears consistent by Ron's 1st house Venus/Neptune and Neptune chart rulership and Venus natural rulership of the 7th house.

Saturn in 6th house is consistent with a knee injury and of his stating that the injury sidetracked his sports ambitions and increased his focus on his studies and future medical practice. I don't know how long he has needed a hearing aid -- he did wear one in 2007 during debates -- but according to some sources Saturn is significator of ears and their functioning. Would not 6th House Saturn regarding certain health issues (of ear in this case) be more consistent than 7th house?

Declinations are considerations that I think are interesting but would like to know the research done on various scenarios ie 2 planets in close longitude conjunction but declination contra-parallel and 2 planets in exact longitude opposition but declination parallel.

Rev9

I followed, as you probably did, the 2008 Obama vs Clinton primary, and to me there are some parallels of that 2008 primary compared to what the 2012 Paul vs Romney primary will be except we're not the corporate media darling. My take is that we'll do something unprecedented that will be consistent with the revolutionary movements that took place in 2011 (young people, the power of the internet, etc) and that will intensify in 2012. Just google uranus square pluto to get a sense of what I mean and it will also be discussed here as we continue this thread.

From watching the Sunday am shows (where RP looked strong in interviews and schooled 'Tapper Jake') and all the BS about CNN poll propaganda and with Rand and Ron touring tomorrow I'm still expecting a win of 33-40%.
    Last edited by MikefromSyracuse; 01-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromSyracuse View Post
    Declinations are considerations that I think are interesting but would like to know the research done on various scenarios ie 2 planets in close longitude conjunction but declination contra-parallel and 2 planets in exact longitude opposition but declination parallel.
    A point on the eclliptic plane with a 0 ecliptic latitude is automatically contraparallel when opposite. It would only be likely to happen under certain circumstances. Or with planets whose orbit are highly inclined.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed, astrology books often suggest smearing planets forward one house when they are near the end of the house they are in. It all starts to force one to define words that astrology books don't define. Like the word orb. They offer a range of opinions.

A progressing Saturn seems like a smear, and how far does it progress. Is an orb big enough to capture any of the resultant smear. Planets usually progress forwards.

If made a computer generated chart of both charts. Nothing changes when I use 2 degree orb. It's a fairly detailed view, planets in signs, houses, aspects, 12 houses being ruled by the same 12 signs even. It may be something like 50 identical paragraphs.

If I rectified him without using a single date, I would in fact be correct over a range of minutes.

The biggest difference in the two times when you focus on tighter orbs like 0-1 degrees is the Mercury-Saturn aspects to the angles.

You can have Mercury and Saturn square the Midheaven
    or
    You can have them opposite on the Ascendant-Descendant axis

I read that this guy is Doctor No, to me that's the latter.

When I view his progressions. I see his progressed Saturn retrograde into the 6th house to square his Midheaven. I see his progressed Vesta retrograde to the Descendant and station there.

Ron Paul was 41 on his birthday, Aug 20 1976, during his 1st political office. He's been a politician since then.

Progressed Date | saturn | Vesta | date
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    30 Sep 1935 11:35:20 UT | 4 pi 42 Rx | 8 pi 40 Rx | 1976
    05 Oct 1935 11:35:20 UT | 4 pi 25 Rx | 7 pi 57 Rx |
    10 Oct 1935 11:35:20 UT | 4 pi 11 Rx | 7 pi 24 Rx |
    15 Oct 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 58 Rx | 7 pi 4 Rx |
    20 Oct 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 47 Rx | 6 pi 54 Rx | 1996
    25 Oct 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 39 Rx | 6 pi 56 |
    30 Oct 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 34 Rx | 7 pi 9 |
    04 Nov 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 31 Rx | 7 pi 33 |
    09 Nov 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 30 | 8 pi 7 | 2016
    14 Nov 1935 11:35:20 UT | 3 pi 32 | 8 pi 51 | 2020

These progressions enter a 1 degree orb of Ron Paul's Ascendant and Midheaven: pSA=MC(3ge40) and pVesta=AS(7vi30) and remain 1 degree until 2020 due to stationing.

http://www.neptunecafe.com/vesta.html
    Vesta's basic principle in the horoscope is to focus attention. Her house placement describes what she's focused on, and aspects to other planets and asteroids can enhance or distract from that objective.

Vesta was known as a symbol of protection for both the family and the state.
    Consequently, her role in the horoscope has both a personal and transpersonal
    meaning as the one who insures security for the people of our global village.

But notice that "Keeper of the Flame" is the exact signature of the Vesta
    archetype. The ruthless underground faction is characteristic of Vesta's
    political manifestation...

http://theinnerwheel.com/2011/05/20/...esta-part-two/
    Bruce Springsteen: Vesta conjunct the Desc, in visionary Sag. His championing of "other", of the down and out and those who need a voice, is astrologically genuine.

The security of understanding that comes with astrology will allow you to proceed forward with less doubt and insecurity. Someone forgot to tell Santorum he's probably wasting money.

Rick Santorum
    May 10 1958
    Winchester, VA
    39n11, 78w10

Time Uknown, transit to outer planets will be accurate since outer planets move very little in 1 day(1-2arcminutes/day.)
    Transits are precession corrected for extra accuracy.

Jan 3rd 2012
    Transit Jupiter trine Pluto(+/- 0-01)
    This is one of those magical days where everyone does what you want and just cooperates with you for no apparent reason. And remember from a thread not far back I pointed out how Jupiter stationed over christmas. And Santorum tried to visit everyone in Iowa with Jupiter trining in Pluto(1/2 degree orb) for almost all of December, he'll keep up the pace for just a few more days, past Jan 10, Jupiter leaves this position.

Nov 5th-6th 2012
    Transit Saturn conjunct Neptune(+/- 0-02)
    Negative mood. A day of serious doubt. A tendency to look at life from the worst point of view. Aware of the all things you are afraid of. You may even get ill.

Ariondys
    Last edited by Ariondys; 01-04-2012 at 12:01 PM.

RP was in great spirits during his speech the night of the Iowa caucus. He may get the majority of Iowa delegates later due to the due diligence of his caucus supporters who will participate in the delegate choosing process.

A group of young college age people in Iowa were quoted by an ABC news reporter -- "this is just not a presidential campaign, this is a movement..."

The electoral (ephemeral) chart with a 5 planet stellium in 11th house (Porphyry system) indicates this theme.

I was going to attach an image of the this chart with transits for Jan 10 but it looks like its not permitted.
    Last edited by MikefromSyracuse; 01-05-2012 at 10:18 PM.

A group of young college age people in Iowa were quoted by an ABC news reporter -- "this is just not a presidential campaign, this is a movement..."

The electoral (ephemeral) chart with a 5 planet stellium in 11th house (Porphyry system) indicates this theme.
    I'm hearing more and more Ron being given "rock star" status. What do you think is accounting for this?

Incidentally, I am a hobbiest level student of astrology. Used to hang out on astro.com quite a bit, but not much the last couple of years. Was just now over there seeing what folks were saying about Ron, flipped back here, and here you are! Is it you or I who is psychic?

Back to basics. Saturn and Uranus. Libertarianism, the Freedom Movement, and sudden shocking change. 2012 Age of Aquarius begins?

I'm not advanced enough to attempt a rectification. This might seem simplistic, but a friend of mine who has studied astrology for over 30 years once told me that you can see the Aries glyph formed by the eyebrow ridge and outline of the nose from a straight on view of the face on an Aries rising. Look and see, Ron definitely has that feature.

RP was in great spirits during his speech the night of the Iowa caucus.
    Good good. He should be with transits like I described.
    I was going to attach an image of the this chart with transits for Jan 10 but it looks like its not permitted.
    use text.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SisCyn View Post
    I'm hearing more and more Ron being given "rock star" status. What do you think is accounting for this?
    If I had to point at something I havn't pointed out yet that reminded me of "rock star" status. I would point to the progressed Mars trine Uranus that exists most tightly over the full spectrum of the primary season

This would represent approximately the position of the progressed Mars over the course of the primary season(jan3 - jun26)
    5 cp 17 (jan 3)
    5 cp 22
    5 cp 26
    progressed Moon opposite Sun around here.(April 1st or so)
    5 cp 30
    5 cp 35
    5 cp 39 (june 26)

it doesn't move particularly fast, it's gone 22 arcminutes in half a year. And natal Uranus is at 5 ta 29. There's a definite "hill" of progressed energy displayed here for the primary season. Progressed Moon opposite Sun, and Progressed Mars Trine Uranus.
    Last edited by Ariondys; 01-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.

The star "Zuben Elgenubi" aka Alpha Libra
    Ron Paul's Sun will progress over this star. This star and it's buddy Zuben Eschamali, aka Beta Libra; both stars are concerned with social reform and justice; one dark and the other light. The good star, Zuben Elgenubi is one concerned societal issues who can resist the temptation for pesonal gain or power. This will be exact in 2 years, or the middle of the next presidential term.

No Personal Gain motivates him!

This is almost quotable stuff from a book on Stars I'm holding. Ariondys

You have to upload it to a server and post the link.

Thanks MikefromSyracuse and Ariondys. Interesting thread and breakdowns.

HTH
    Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

A slice of the sky at Ron Paul's birth. Notice the Sun-Uranus parallel. From here it takes just over 77 years for the progressed Sun to make it down to parellel Jupiter.
    Last edited by Ariondys; 01-07-2012 at 02:00 AM.

That star between Mars and Jupiter is Zuben Elgenubi, and I pasted in progressed Sun position for age 77 and 81 to demonstrate the approximate positions and movement of the progressed Sun over this area of Ron Paul's Skychart.

For fun, I cast a natal chart for Ron, using a 10:18 pm time of birth.

Trying to determine time of birth is a real shot in the dark. I chose this time in order to give him an Aries rising, with retrograde Uranus rising from the Taurus second house.

This time would also give him a highly dignified Sun in Leo in the 5th house. This placement brings out all the benevolence of Leo, since the sun is the natural ruler of the 5th house and Leo. So the sun functions perfectly here to its maximum strenghth.

The sun here would show Ron's love of children because the 5th house rules children.

This hypothetical time of birth would give Ron a Virgo 6th house where Mercury, Neptune, and a retrograde Venus reside. Doctors are ruled, according to Rex Bills Rulership Book, by Virgo, 6th house, and Mercury.

That works out nicely, but is really just speculation. With an Aries ascendent, all of the houses have their natural placements - such as Libra on the cusp of the 7th house of partnerships and showing successful partnerships and marriage.

Without a verified time of birth, house placement is just a guess.

But a lot can be told about Ron from the signs that the planets are in, and the aspects (or geometrical patterns) that these planets make to each other.

Noel Tyl uses a method referred to as "the sun/moon" blend as beginning of entrance into the birth chart. The sun/moon blend will tell us where and what kind of energy the native of the chart uses to fulfill their basic need. That "need" is shown by the moon. The flavor or characteristic of the moon is described by the sign in which the moon falls on the day of the native's birth.

The sun in an astrological birth chart is the battery or energy that runs the entire chart.

Ron's sun shows that his energy comes from a sun in Leo, when the sun is in its greatest strength. A Leo sun shows, according to Tyl's Book Synthesis and Counseling in Astrology, the "energy to be recognized".

The moon in a birth chart, again using Tyl's explanation, shows the native's basic need. The native must then figure out how to use the energy of the sun to fulfill that basic need.

Ron's moon is in Taurus and this shows the "need to preserve security; to keep things as they are or are supposed to be."

A full interpretation of the Leo sun/Taurus moon blend:

The energy to be recognized takes on an organization of "rightness". This is conviction, power, self-confidence, drama. When personally espoused ideas are not well received, moodiness and puffy arrogance show up. These are stubborn, "slow" positions working to keep things as they are or organzing them the way [they] should be. They need aspects of social sensitivity and humanitarianism for the personality's power to work most efficiently. (Bill Clinton, Anita Hill, Mick Jagger, Jerry Falwell [have this sun/moon blend])
    Tyl, Noel. Synthesis & Counseling in Astrology: the Professional Manual

Does this describe Ron Paul?

I think it very much does!

Just for the record, I am not "plugging" Noel Tyl. I have read probably about 100 books on natal astrology by many different authors and still consider myself an amateur. I also paid for an online course on natal chart intepretation back in 07 given by Astrologos (Bernadette Brady and Darrelyn Gunzberg), but didn't really care for their method. The study of astrology is something you have to get down inside your understanding and when you reach that level of understanding, chart interpretation becomes more intuitive and flowing, but still very time consuming.

I used Noel Tyl's examples because he has a simplified method that is easier for those new to astrology to understand.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

whoa...tried to imbed the image and now it is on each post? can someone fix that please? sorry!

MYSQLDB_loadSelectTableRecords purports to die of unnatural causes. Server error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 Query: select id,answer from presidentAnswerKey where id=

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    MYSQLDB_loadSelectTableRecords purports to die of unnatural causes. Server error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 Query: select id,answer from presidentAnswerKey where id=
    sorry I only speak English!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast