View Poll Results: Poll: Who should we back for 2016?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dr. Ron Paul

12 10.00%
  • Dr. Rand Paul

91 75.83%
  • Gary Johnson

5 4.17%
  • Tom Woods

5 4.17%
  • Chuck Baldwin

1 0.83%
  • Other

6 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should we back for 2016?

Who should we back for 2016?

Dr. Ron Paul
    Dr. Rand Paul
    Gary Johnson
    Tom Woods
    Chuck Baldwin
    Other (Post your choice below)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I always want Ron to run. I'm not holding my breath for it, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I nominate liberty.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    I nominate liberty.
    I like this ^^
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Tom Woods probably doesn't want to run for public office, but he would be an absolute triple-threat to the establishment, not only because of the cocky sort of charisma he could bring to debates (full of great one-liners), but also because of the phenomenal breadth of his knowledge of American history and political economy, along with his youth and many scholarly and literary accolades. He is uniquely qualified among libertarians to be the guy to "mainstream" our ideas without watering them down, IMO.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Tom Woods probably doesn't want to run for public office, but he would be an absolute triple-threat to the establishment, not only because of the cocky sort of charisma he could bring to debates (full of great one-liners), but also because of the phenomenal breadth of his knowledge of American history and political economy, along with his youth and many scholarly and literary accolades. He is uniquely qualified among libertarians to be the guy to "mainstream" our ideas without watering them down, IMO.
    I'd wet myself if Woods ran for anything. Alas! He's already said he won't, because there's no chance he could win (that whole "anarchist" bugaboo ...).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Tom Woods is never going to run for public office, especially not President. If you thought "the newsletters" were bad...

I love the guy, but its never gonna happen.

Out of those choices, Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Tom Woods is never going to run for public office, especially not President. If you thought "the newsletters" were bad...

I love the guy, but its never gonna happen.

Out of those choices, Rand.
    I never said he'd win, or even that he'd run...only that, of the above listed candidates, he is by far the most qualified, most principled, and most deserving of the mantle of "intellectual heir" to Ron Paul.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a prolific writer, Woods would immediately get into too much trouble over his un-PC comments in past columns and books. The more provocative a wordsmith you are, the more ammo you give to your enemies. Would be a blast to see him run, though. Same for Judge Napolitano, who has also said he's not running. What a mind, but what a minefield!
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Ron is retired, I hope he enjoys it. Rand is the most viable choice to present so far. That could change. I have no problem supporting Gary if there is no other viable choice, I voted for him, but don't pretend the LP is electable.

Where is the Lindsey Graham option?

I'd like it to be Rand/LePage for the final ticket..

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    Oh, I like that one!

I'll wait to see who runs before I decide who to back.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bernanke View Post
    Where is the Lindsey Graham option?

Graham/McCain?
    "The Patriarch"

Rand is best-positioned to win. No one even comes close. The only other guy who could even get on the board would be Justin Amash.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already have my Rand Paul 2016 bumper sticker.
    Last edited by FrankRep; 03-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

What happened to Ron Paul 2012 or BUST?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    That'd be great.

Jeb Bush is going to be President in 2016.... don't waste your time... Already pre-determined... work on other things.... like finding a home to buy in Ecuador .. United States is history... there are no elections in this country anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Convictions are malleable.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

I voted for other, with two gentlemen in mind. First would be Judge Napolitano and second would be Jacob Hornsburger
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Oh we busted, but then we headed over to the Fed for a bailout and just like that we were back in business.

We should somewhat ignore 2016. We have work to do for 2014 midterm elections.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    We should somewhat ignore 2016. We have work to do for 2014 midterm elections.
    +Rep

This. So many key elections for everyone to work on in 2014, local/state, US Congress, etc
    Last edited by WarAnonymous; 11-15-2012 at 02:46 AM.

How many variations of this exact same thread and poll will be posted on RonPaulForums over the course of the next 2.5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    How many variations of this exact same thread and poll will be posted on RonPaulForums over the course of the next 2.5 years?
    Victory in December? I feel like I found one of those eggs...
    I am the spoon.

I'll be voting for or writing in Jesse Ventura, and don't even bother criticizing me, because I'm just going to ignore you.

I love Tom Woods, but I don't want him to run for office... not even just because he'd have to tone it down or that he'd be attacked for controversial statements, but because he's much more valuable and effective doing what he is doing. I support his educational projects. I like Tom because he is an effective (and entertaining) teacher. That's his talent.

Love Ron Paul, but doubt he'll run. If he does he has my full backing. Rand would be an excellent president, but I voted Gary Johnson in this poll. The counrty would be so much better with a strong thrid party.

That said if Rand runs, it would hard for me not to jump on board. He has such a good chance to win it and if not, keep the movement alive. I do not trust the GOP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast