Thread: Turnout

Turnout

Just curious, do you guys have any plans in place (coordinated with the campaign perhaps... if that's even allowed?) to impact turnout tomorrow?
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes. I don't have much time but basically we will three positions.

1. Phone Callers
    2. Poll Checker
    3. Door Knockers

These three will coordinate to affect turnout. I am a poll checker

Quote Originally Posted by raheelp View Post

1. Phone Callers
    2. Poll Checker
    3. Door Knockers

Good luck, the fate of America is depending on you.

But no pressure or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by raheelp View Post

1. Phone Callers
    2. Poll Checker
    3. Door Knockers

cool. best of luck. we'll be there with you (from California) in spirit
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Thanks for all your time and dedication

What about BUSSING AND CARPOOLING?

set up. Call New Hampshire HQ if you can help out in anyway

Quote Originally Posted by fgd View Post
    What about BUSSING AND CARPOOLING?

I am a poll checker and we have regional "list-collecters" set up to get the lists of who has (and has not) shown up back to HQ. We are on it and everyone is working very hard. I'm on my way back to Manchester to pick up my packet and do some street work with signs and hand-outs. My housemates hit 150 today (1.5 hours away) and then went to HQ see what else can be done...

m
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Any word on how gotv is going up there?
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

It looks like it went pretty badly and they don't got the excuse that they had their file list hacked.

We did worse here then we did in Iowa. Even in absolute numbers it's not significantly better considering the extra amount of work we put in and the strong libertarian vote. Looks like another grassroots failure.

I'm so dissapointed...

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    We did worse here then we did in Iowa. Even in absolute numbers it's not significantly better considering the extra amount of work we put in and the strong libertarian vote. Looks like another grassroots failure.
    NH's population is less than half Iowa's. Iowa turned out 11,817 votes for Paul.

Given the relative populations of the states, we might have expected NH to turn out 11,817/2 = 5,908 votes for Paul. NH turned out 18,245 (at last count) votes for Paul. 18,245/5,908 = 3.08.

Per capita, NH turned out more than THREE times the number of Ron Paul voters than Iowa did.

Yes, I understand that it's the percentages relative to other candidates that matters in terms of delegates. But the only conclusion I can take from this analysis is that Ron Paul supporters in Iowa totally and completely dropped the ball in the caucus process. The low turnout overall meant that Iowa was ripe for a huge Ron Paul victory there -- he could have easily achieved a strong 3rd place in Iowa if the NH Ron Paul supporters were exchanged with the Iowa Ron Paul supporters.

The only way this analysis could be flawed is that a fundamental axiom of our campaign is false. That axiom states that Ron Paul supporters are so gung-ho about their candidate that nothing could stop them from showing up to vote. Voters for other candidates are more prone to stay home if the weather isn't nice, or if there's a great ball game on TV -- but not Ron Paul supporters!

Quote Originally Posted by margomaps View Post
    NH's population is less than half Iowa's. Iowa turned out 11,817 votes for Paul.

Given the relative populations of the states, we might have expected NH to turn out 11,817/2 = 5,908 votes for Paul. NH turned out 18,245 (at last count) votes for Paul. 18,245/5,908 = 3.08.

Per capita, NH turned out more than THREE times the number of Ron Paul voters than Iowa did.

Yes, I understand that it's the percentages relative to other candidates that matters in terms of delegates. But the only conclusion I can take from this analysis is that Ron Paul supporters in Iowa totally and completely dropped the ball in the caucus process. The low turnout overall meant that Iowa was ripe for a huge Ron Paul victory there -- he could have easily achieved a strong 3rd place in Iowa if the NH Ron Paul supporters were exchanged with the Iowa Ron Paul supporters.

The only way this analysis could be flawed is that a fundamental axiom of our campaign is false. That axiom states that Ron Paul supporters are so gung-ho about their candidate that nothing could stop them from showing up to vote. Voters for other candidates are more prone to stay home if the weather isn't nice, or if there's a great ball game on TV -- but not Ron Paul supporters!

I was a poll watcher in Lancaster, NH. 90% of our ID'd voters showed up.

1 supporter isn't a voter "I do not vote"

That might call into question a fundamental axiom.

We could easily question whether or not Ron Paul contributors are always Ron Paul voters if we wanted to use contributors as a predictor for voters.