Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 127

Thread: How does Ron stay so calm?

  1. #1

    How does Ron stay so calm?

    Seriously, it seems every time he speaks they all laugh at him. Every time he asks them a question they simply ignore it. The MSM ignores him. How has this man not exploded yet lol.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    ive wondered the samething... i feel like punching the other candidates through the f'ing TV screen at times

  4. #3
    I attribute it to the peace from God the bible promises. You are right, it does seem miraculous.

  5. #4
    We had to stop watching the ABC debate because my girlfriend was about to put my TV in serious danger! She was steaming mad at the other candidates and she was just an observer.

  6. #5
    How's this for a crazy conspiracy theory?

    Ron Paul exercises a lot to release all his pent up energy. Why do you think he likes to ride his bike? It's so that he can go to a secluded area and scream his heart out. Carol Paul also bakes chocolate chip cookies and rewards him for keeping his cool. That's his secret incentive for keeping his temper down and exuding a strong, confident air.

  7. #6
    lol...Well it is true that exercise is an excellent stress reliever but still...

  8. #7

    Thumbs up

    I have wondered this myself....it only adds to my respect for this man and the extent of his knowledge...it reminds me of a very good german saying: "klug zur reden ist oft schwer - klug zur schweigen noch viel mehr" which is hard to translate correctly, but basically it would be "it is often difficult to talk intelligently...but even harder to remain silent intelligently" this actually is very inspiring....if you look at that faux forum without Ron Paul - then see a debate with Ron Paul, it is immediatly apparent who knows what he is talking about and who talks "politics"....we just must remember that many americans just simply cant be bothered with the truth....we base our opinions on "what everyone else is doing" and have no time to research issues and find solutions or grasp understanding in out own minds (this being a normal typical american) and that is a huge part of the problem - Dr. Paul sounds to some like he is speaking in greek...they simply do not understand...that is the tragedy...as this is seriously the last chance for us.

    ><

  9. #8
    Ron's a Ninja. Ninjas don't get upset.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    It's because he became wiser and more compassionate with his age.

  12. #10
    I need to know that mans secret. I'd be punching people in the face for disrespecting me like that.

  13. #11
    And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:24-26 (NIV)

  14. #12
    Exactly, Richie. Ron Paul is a humble Christian believer who actually follows the teachings of Jesus Christ. You know, not just pay lip service to it.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogren View Post
    I need to know that mans secret. I'd be punching people in the face for disrespecting me like that.
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

    Ron Paul's a Christian, and he knows whatever happens, its in the Hands of God. That's why he's so peaceful.

    FYI I've felt that peace before too, but I'm still in awe that Ron Paul is carrying on so strongly and peacefully. Seems the 20 years in the wilderness has made him older and wiser.

  16. #14
    Age, intelligence, patience, experience, maturity and wisdom.<IMHO>

  17. #15
    I think he learned from his 88 run that his message gets across much more effective if he does not engage in screaming matches with idiots. Look at the Morton Downey Jr. Clip. The guy baited Ron and a bunch of complete morons ganged up on him and didn't let him speak, by trying to speak over them it made him look not very professional, and that type of attention doesn't get supporters or votes.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by plb View Post
    Seriously, it seems every time he speaks they all laugh at him. Every time he asks them a question they simply ignore it. The MSM ignores him. How has this man not exploded yet lol.
    You can tell he's nervous as all hell. Watch his hands.
    Democracy is slavery: the illusion that the people run the government. People are not equal, in ability or mind, and those snakes who are influential in media can manipulate the fragile minds of the masses with simple jingoistic phrases. Most people are not cut out to make political decisions, for they have no faculties in examining a larger worldview, thus, their entirety of their political thought is reduced to "what can government do for me?"



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Korey Kaczynski View Post
    You can tell he's nervous as all hell. Watch his hands.
    I think this is why he stumbles over some of his words and tries to talk 100 mph.
    Because he is bottling up his anger and trying to get out as much information as possible before they silence him.
    I would like to get a hold of a few of the idiots that he shared the stage with Saturday night and beat some sense into them.
    In my opinion these candidates that have lead the U.S. to where we are today should be tried for Treason along with Bush and Chenney.
    I take some comfort in knowing that they are near the end of their lives and will be burning in hell soon.
    Even though they claim to be Christians they seem to think that they will never have to answer for their lies and deception.

  21. #18
    The man's secret? Twofold, in my opinion.

    First, he's older, and wiser. A lot of his supporters seem to be teenagers and young adults, who have not yet realized that punching someone in the face is not going to do anything to forwards your career. Ron is a career politician, having been in politics for over 30 years. He knows how to play the game as well as anyone.

    Second, I think he already knows he's not going to win this, and is playing this game on a long form. It's why he can't tell you how much revenue comes in via taxes, or how he's going to remove the IRS without having a funding option in play, or how he's going to get everyone else in congress to follow his plans. The answer is, he doesn't know. His intention wasn't to win the election this time around, it's just to start opening people up to the ideas he has. The fact that he's done this well must concern him, because if he does get in , I don't see how he can pull off the plan. So, that's reason number two.. he's calm because he doesn't want to win this right now. He's wanting to get people aclimitized to his message.

  22. #19
    He has a couple of decades of practice....that is for sure.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcard View Post
    how he's going to get everyone else in congress to follow his plans. The answer is, he doesn't know. His intention wasn't to win the election this time around, it's just to start opening people up to the ideas he has. The fact that he's done this well must concern him, because if he does get in , I don't see how he can pull off the plan. So, that's reason number two.. he's calm because he doesn't want to win this right now. He's wanting to get people aclimitized to his message.
    Your totally wron on this point....the means is always going to be the same and I am sure Dr. paul has his "plans" already.

    It doesn't "concern him" it more than likely energizes him with HOPE.

    When you say "win this" I think you are not listening to Dr. Paul. Winning is not about getting nominated (though that would be AWESOME) this goes MUCH deeper than any "office" of government.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by fj45lvr View Post
    Your totally wron on this point....the means is always going to be the same and I am sure Dr. paul has his "plans" already.

    It doesn't "concern him" it more than likely energizes him with HOPE.

    When you say "win this" I think you are not listening to Dr. Paul. Winning is not about getting nominated (though that would be AWESOME) this goes MUCH deeper than any "office" of government.

    That's what I MEAN. I mean his goal for this was likely to get the message out, NOT to get nominated. The fact that he's probably done better than he thought he would is pretty clear by the fact that his campaign staff seems to not know what to do. They weren't READY for this.

    As for his plans, when you make bold statements, you're going to have to explain how you want to implement them, otherwise people will just view you with their "That'll never happen" glasses.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcard View Post
    if he does get in , I don't see how he can pull off the plan.
    He pulls back the troops we pay for all over the world.
    The savings allow the easy dropping of the tax code. ( how is it most people don't know there was no direct tax before 1913? )
    He starts to print real U.S. gold backed notes, Kennedy did it. We don't have to wait for some outside organization (fed reserve) to tell us how or when to print dollars.
    What's the rest of the plan? That's it. It's all you need to keep us from collapsing.
    Why wouldn't any real American want to see this happen?
    Then, when everyone is rich again and can save money, we get the government out of the school system so this doesn't happen again (educate people on real history).
    With all the money you will have you can go get a solar car too

  26. #23
    "The prophet's career began at the end of King Uzziah's reign, say about 740 B.C. This reign was uncommonly long, almost half a century, and apparently prosperous. It was one of those prosperous reigns, however like the reign of Marcus Aurelius at Rome, or the administration of Eubulus at Athens, or of Mr. Coolidge at Washington where at the end the prosperity suddenly peters out and things go by the board with a resounding crash.

    In the year of Uzziah's death, the Lord commissioned the prophet to go out and warn the people of the wrath to come. "Tell them what a worthless lot they are." He said, "Tell them what is wrong, and why and what is going to happen unless they have a change of heart and straighten up. Don't mince matters. Make it clear that they are positively down to their last chance. Give it to them good and strong and keep on giving it to them. I suppose perhaps I ought to tell you," He added, "that it won't do any good. The official class and their intelligentsia will turn up their noses at you and the masses will not even listen. They will all keep on in their own ways until they carry everything down to destruction, and you will probably be lucky if you get out with your life."

    Isaiah had been very willing to take on the job in fact, he had asked for it but the prospect put a new face on the situation. It raised the obvious question: Why, if all that were so if the enterprise were to be a failure from the start was there any sense in starting it? "Ah," the Lord said, "you do not get the point. There is a Remnant there that you know nothing about. They are obscure, unorganized, inarticulate, each one rubbing along as best he can. They need to be encouraged and braced up because when everything has gone completely to the dogs, they are the ones who will come back and build up a new society; and meanwhile, your preaching will reassure them and keep them hanging on. Your job is to take care of the Remnant, so be off now and set about it."

    - Albert Jay Nock, from Isaiah's Job

    Full text here:

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/nock3b.html
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu View Post
    He pulls back the troops we pay for all over the world.
    The savings allow the easy dropping of the tax code. ( how is it most people don't know there was no direct tax before 1913? )
    He starts to print real U.S. gold backed notes, Kennedy did it. We don't have to wait for some outside organization (fed reserve) to tell us how or when to print dollars.
    What's the rest of the plan? That's it. It's all you need to keep us from collapsing.
    Why wouldn't any real American want to see this happen?
    Then, when everyone is rich again and can save money, we get the government out of the school system so this doesn't happen again (educate people on real history).
    With all the money you will have you can go get a solar car too
    Right, but he can't do that via fiat. He can call on Congress to reduce the troops. He can call on congress to drop the tax code.

    The point I'm trying to make is, this is NOT something we got into over 8 years.. it's not something we're going to get out of in 8 years. Ron Paul is just going to get this STARTED, at best.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by plb View Post
    Seriously, it seems every time he speaks they all laugh at him. Every time he asks them a question they simply ignore it. The MSM ignores him. How has this man not exploded yet lol.
    IMO he puts all the pressure on the message, the message does the work.
    They laugh because they can't talk to his talking points. Hell, they don't even understand the questions let alone the answers.
    "If America is obligated to sacrifice its youth to depose every dictator that emerges, America is not a free, independent country. Its actions are dictated not by its own people, but by the worst elements in the world." ... Harry Browne

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurston Howell III View Post
    IMO he puts all the pressure on the message, the message does the work.
    They laugh because they can't talk to his talking points. Hell, they don't even understand the questions let alone the answers.
    +1

  31. #27
    Hell if I know, but let me tell you something...

    I almost cried while reading A Foreign Policy of Freedom. Discovering how he's been putting up with this crap for decades.. God, it burned me up at first, but then I was on the verge of tears. Both tears of joy, and tears of sadness.

    Sad because it's hard for me to even begin empathizing. Can you imagine pouring your heart and soul in desperation to deaf ears? And not only does nobody listen, no...ignoring him isn't enough, they ridicule him. Can you imagine knowing damn well that you're right, but continually being shot down for it? How many times can you be told to give up before you actually do? Does being the last sane man on earth make you crazy? A lesser man would've crumbled years and years ago.

    Joyous because it's nothing short of remarkable that there's a guy willing to go against the grain and wage a one man war against corruption, pure evil, and the enemies of liberty. Joyous because one man can rally so many people together and create a new-found hopefulness. Ron Paul is a true hero. Ron Paul makes me appreciate our country. He literally makes me want to be a better person. Ron Paul is the only cure for apathy.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulitical Correctness View Post
    Hell if I know, but let me tell you something...

    I almost cried while reading A Foreign Policy of Freedom. Discovering how he's been putting up with this crap for decades.. God, it burned me up at first, but then I was on the verge of tears. Both tears of joy, and tears of sadness.

    Sad because it's hard for me to even begin empathizing. Can you imagine pouring your heart and soul in desperation to deaf ears? And not only does nobody listen, no...ignoring him isn't enough, they ridicule him. Can you imagine knowing damn well that you're right, but continually being shot down for it? How many times can you be told to give up before you actually do? Does being the last sane man on earth make you crazy? A lesser man would've crumbled years and years ago.

    Joyous because it's nothing short of remarkable that there's a guy willing to go against the grain and wage a one man war against corruption, pure evil, and the enemies of liberty. Joyous because one man can rally so many people together and create a new-found hopefulness. Ron Paul is a true hero. Ron Paul makes me appreciate our country. He literally makes me want to be a better person. Ron Paul is the only cure for apathy.
    that made me cry.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

  33. #29
    It helps that he has the courage of his convictions. When you know you are in the right it is easier not to get upset with those who attack you. And I really think he already has come much further in this campaign that he ever though he would, so any other wins are icing on the cake.

    Winning the nomination? I'm sure he considers it possible now, unlike 6 months ago, but I think he is also not staking his future on it either. In that respect he's like Fred Thompson, who's made no bones of the fact he isn't thrilled to be running for president.

    In a worse-case scenario of losing the nomination, if Ron Paul can keep 1/10th of this support he's generated he could be one of the most influential men in Congress. Imagine every time a piece of legislation comes up 100,000 Ron Paul Republicans call their representatives and tell them to toe the Constitutional line.

    Ron Paul would love to win the White House, but I don't think that is what's driving him to do this. I think he really wants for the next generation of Americans to remember their what this country is all about, and why the consititution is so important. He wants to be able to pass on the torch of liberty when he finally does retire and have it burning brighter because of his good work. And in that he's already succeeded.
    Last edited by WilliamC; 01-07-2008 at 12:06 PM.

  34. #30
    wisdom
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Ron and Rand Paul Stay Calm in Shutdown Mania
    By Lucille in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 11:13 PM
  2. Ron and Rand Paul Stay Calm in Shutdown Mania
    By Lucille in forum Rand Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 07:07 AM
  4. Stay calm! Hold your fire! Jaw bones at the ready!
    By Uncle Emanuel Watkins in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM
  5. Please stay calm!
    By Liberty_TN in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 12:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •