Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK....I'm watching Fox.....

OK....I'm watching Fox.....

well...kind of......it's playing in the background.....I'm not really listening to it all that much, just wanting to see if any of the douchebags on there say something about RP while he can't defend himself....
    Flip-Flops are for the beach, not for running our country...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was worried about the same thing. That would be low.

WHY?! CHANGE THE CHANNEL! STOP GIVING THEM THE RATINGS!

You can read a summary about it on the forum later.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLuySLO9IQ8

I dare you to find a more unorthodox video about Ron Paul.

I'm think they won't mention RP...they'll just steal his talking points.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Quote Originally Posted by SonicInfinity View Post

That isnt how ratings work. Nielson gets its ratings from people who record what they are watching and submit it to them, not from somehow spying on what people watch.

No, it's WHAT you watch... NOT what you record! I work for a news station, NBC affiliate, I know. -Tyler

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=79052
    Rand Paul 2016

No, it's WHAT you watch... NOT what you record! I work for a news station, NBC affiliate, I know. -Tyler

Then do tell, how does anyone know what channel is being watched at any given time? They get ratings by people recording and submitting this to the people who keep track of ratings. When I say recording I do not mean on tape or dvd or tivo, I mean they keep track of what they watch and send it in.

Dont get me wrong though, I am not watching the debate for the principle of it and would recommend others do as well. But dont try and guilt them into thinking that their watching will give Fox ratings, unless they happen to be part of Nielsen of course.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarnett17 View Post
    He means record as in "a record of" what you watch--not taping it or whatever. jeez, they have to have a device, they have to be a Neilsen family

Has anybody ever met a Neilson family. I haven't.

I'm watching it - will still vote for RP - but want to watch these clowns.

I am watching CNN too. I did however change to the start of the FOX to see if A) Ron Paul really wasn't invited. B)If they moved to a news studio from their bus.

What really ticked me off is when Chris Matthews introduced these 5 clowns and then said 1 of these 5 will be the next republican nomination.
    We the people are taking back the government one voter at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post
    Has anybody ever met a Neilson family. I haven't.
    I have met 1 person who was with the nielson family, and that was like 15 years ago.
    We the people are taking back the government one voter at a time.

I am watching too...Romney was all over smucklebee about taxes...pretty funny.

Nielson families
    "War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is, revolution is when you decide that for yourself."

I'm not watching it, it's too gross, but I did see the intro, and well... now I know why they couldn't/didn't invite Ron Paul, well..... the frikkin TABLE is too small! well, they must have been too embarassed by their lack of accomadations to have hime see that. lol *rolls eyes*
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I absolutely zone out every time Fred starts talking....his monotone boring speak is too much to even listen to...
    "War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is, revolution is when you decide that for yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    I have met 1 person who was with the nielson family, and that was like 15 years ago.
    I was a nielsen family for a long time. They send out diaries and 5 1 dollar bills. You send it back and they give you another diary until you are a regular then you get a box that sends out data on what you watch.

If you are a nielsen family, rule is you can't tell anyone you are a nielsen family. I pretty much kept a low power television station (LPTV) alive.

So if you are a nielsen family and a ron paul supporter, your clicker better not go anywhere near Fox News.

If you have a tivo box, they also record every single rewind, pause, time shifted, live view of the channel so don't watch fox news if you have tivo either

I won't watch. I'm pretty sure that they track what I am watching since I have a telephone line attached to my satilite reciever.
    I am thinking about having my whole system pulled and not watching TV.
    I can get all of the news I want on the internet without getting all of the spin.
    Fox is the worst.

FYI they can't tell if you're watching a channel. They get ratings from people who fill out the neilson rating packet.

I am watching.

It is just amazing how one sided the discourse is without Ron Paul.

They just admitted that they keep people at Guantanamo so they don't have habeus corpus. No one said anything about this. Not surprising but WTF?

Scary, scary $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfNo View Post
    I am watching.

It is just amazing how one sided the discourse is without Ron Paul.

They just admitted that they keep people at Guantanamo so they don't have habeus corpus. No one said anything about this. Not surprising but WTF?

Scary, scary $#@!.
    Did you happen to hear what Brit Hume said??? I can't believe there isn't a thread running about his little 'faux pas'.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow26 View Post
    Did you happen to hear what Brit Hume said??? I can't believe there isn't a thread running about his little 'faux pas'.
    No I missed it...what did he say??

It's amazing to me that you are still watching. I will never, ever, EVER allow anything "Fox" on my TV again. You better believe that I will boycott all their advertizers (including the cowardly overstock.com CEO).
    We elect our own oppressors.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    It's amazing to me that you are still watching. I will never, ever, EVER allow anything "Fox" on my TV again. You better believe that I will boycott all their advertizers (including the cowardly overstock.com CEO).
    Sort of half watching. I always want to know what my enemy is up to, and what rhetoric they are spewing. It is hard for me to take, but I think it is important to counter there efforts.

I am flipping through the channels because all of them sitting at that small table are all talking about their resumes and not what they would do and when they had the camera behind Chris Wallace facing the candidates, there was at least another 3 feet on either side where they could have put another table, and another chair.... ARGH!!

This really is the most boring Republican debate I've seen. At least with Ron there was a difference of opinion, now it's just listening to a bunch of Bush Jr's.

LOL, my TIVO said it has to change the channel at 9 to record Chris Rocks comedy special....I said "OK"...so I am done with this dribble from these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by colecrowe View Post
    He means record as in "a record of" what you watch--not taping it or whatever. jeez, they have to have a device, they have to be a Neilsen family
    They don't have to be a Neilson family. They can keep track of what you watch through your box if you have cable. I was on the phone with a lady at the cable company, and she could look up on the computer what channel I was tuned to.

Cable companies do not report what you are watching...

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question433.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast