Thread: Help Get the Voter Databases for all the States

Help Get the Voter Databases for all the States

Here in Florida we will be rolling out the Voter Database for the whole State. We plan on using scripts, letters, and surveys to identify Liberty minded people in our neighborhoods.

The software is done, and we are just putting the finishing touches on it. We plan on using Florida as a testing area for the surveys. Between now and the Florida debates/Straw Poll, we want to gather as much info as possible.

Hopefully, the Official Campaign will come out with their own, and people can just use the data already gathered to move over.

Our goal in Florida is to be able to know with certainty how many votes Florida will have for Ron Paul in the primary. Most of our focus will be on Super Voters.

We can easily use the software for every State. So if you would like to have your State's Database, please let us know. The States that we will not be doing are Iowa and New Hampshire since the Official Campaign is already going in those States.

We want this to supplement the Official Campaign. But it does take time to get the database of a whole State up.

In Liberty,

Curt
    RonPaulProducts.com
    http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/

Ron Paul 2012 Products:
    Bumperstickers as low as $.17
    Wristbands as low as $.99
    Shirts as low as $1.99
    Buttons for less than $.99
    Car Decals for less than $19.99
    Signs, Banners, Meetup Kits, Bulk Sales, and more....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As to low hanging fruit, did you see this thread?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Meetup-Changes

The main problem is that some former supporters/Meetup members are listed in Multiple cities lists. That got me motivated to getting Cat Wrangler back up. It needs some work - we lost the front end.

The good news is that 3 old lists of volunteers that when combined with the 10-15 that signed up this time come to over 100 volunteers - hopefully most will be willing to help with various projects this time.

Cat Wrangler e-mailed each volunteer a short list of Meetups to join and post to each day. Volunteers then went to a web site and reported their results. joined/posted, waiting for approval, Meetup down, etc. This could also be used for phone banking.
    It keeps track of pending / no contact and comes back to them and assures no duplicates.

On phone banking, it would be useful to develop a list of phone banking options and a tutorial on how to start and run one. Also, it would be useful to pool volunteer lists so people could be contacted to opt into different projects.

I also found the link for the DIY robo-caller a RP supporter built:
    http://running-c.com/node/2

Be aware that it uses Advokit

Could we get some technical details on your system and have you checked out Advokit? It's basically made for phone banking, creating walk lists, etc.

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 06-11-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Our database is simply to get people their Precinct list. It is geared totally toward people knowing their own neighborhood. This is not about talking to a large number of people. My precinct has 256 Super Voters (a person who always votes in a Primary and General Election). That is it. These people will vote in the Florida Primary. I need to talk to them and find out what they like or dislike. I have between now and January to do this.

My belief is that we have Ron Paul Patriots in every Precinct across all the States. We just need to give them something manageable like a few hundred names. And then they can narrow it down to a hundred names or so.

We will have it up soon, and people will be able to try it.

In Liberty,

Curt
    RonPaulProducts.com
    http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/

Ron Paul 2012 Products:
    Bumperstickers as low as $.17
    Wristbands as low as $.99
    Shirts as low as $1.99
    Buttons for less than $.99
    Car Decals for less than $19.99
    Signs, Banners, Meetup Kits, Bulk Sales, and more....

I'd like to expand my effort for an 'all State' voter outreach approach at http://ANewSlate.com. You will note that I have a very old FL voter list there that came from my LPF "Full Slate" efforts back in 2000-2002 where I helped get 80 candidates on the FL ballots (including myself, twice).

How can I get the voter data for all 50 States? Can you provide it?

Don't these have to come from each county?

Where the DB voter tables comes from varies from State to State. In most States they can be gotten from the county election supervisor/official, some free, some paid for, on condition it be used for political purposes only....not for commercial use.

A couple of examples:

One of the methods available in FL is to be an 'approved' political party listed by the State. Then, the party can request a CD for the entire State, updated monthly, certifying by affidavit that it will be used for political purposes only.

In TN, each county will provide its voter list on a CD with the verbal 'promise' it will be used for political purposes only. Some charge a fee, some don't. Also, the whole State voter DB can be purchased for $2500. Registered candidates may get their election area voter list free.

There are also some commercial services that provide raw or customized voter lists for most any voting area with an unlimited variety of filtering (how they voted, etc) for varying fees.

My project over a dozen years is to provide on line tools for voter outreach to be delivered by emai, mail, phoning or door-to-door. So, I need all 50 States' voter DBs (or any part of them). But, I need a sponsor or 'free' data source to accomplish this goal. These tools can be used to generate lists and outputs by 'locals' using their time, equipment and materials...a win-win process at minimum expense.

A sample site to see is ANewSlate.com

Any/all help is welcome! I will add any lists received. It works best if they are digital in some common delineated form, like CSV.
    Last edited by rcadby; 06-13-2011 at 09:02 AM.