Thread: Converting Hillary voters is easier than Obama's

Arrow Converting Hillary voters is easier than Obama's

I am speaking from my experience. So far the people i had converted to Ron Paul are from the Hillary camp. The Obama's people generally do not find Ron Paul's position appealing. Here is the contrast between them..

1) Hillary's people generally do not know much about Ron Paul/politics
    They generally like Hillary based on a first impression. They do not bother to find out much about her policies, not to mention digging out her dirt. When you start to rationalize with them about their choice of candidate, they usually will just gives a blanket answer like "Oh she is experience and she was the first lady and i like Bill Clinton blah blah". Obama's people, however are knows a better deal about his policies.

2) Hillary's people generally are easier to switch
    Yes. They change from being a fan to disliking her in few minutes. Show them a couple of youtube videos and they are brainwashed. Obama's people is an axact opposite. To them, Obama is an inspiration. They hardly waver on their conviction that he is their candidate.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule. A friend of mine (serious in politics) was from Obama and became Ron Paul after he examine his policies. But eventually switch back to Obama after rationalizing to me that Obama is a more 'effective' politician... To him, it boils down to idealisms will not be a reality if you are not a effective politician who can compromise when required.

This is my take. Look at the cnn entrance poll. Ron Paul did extrmenly bad with the woman pool of voters. He is already a winner with the independence voters. More female votes is what we need to do.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know one of my friends is trying to convert her mother away from hillary. It's one of those Roe v Wade votes. And of course her mother is in her 50s and the decision affects her in no way.
    Checkout Ron Paul's legislation, write your representatives and spread the word!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legisla...ed_by_Ron_Paul

Lord of the Rings and Liberty: http://www.lewrockwell.com/carson/carson10.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richandler View Post
    I know one of my friends is trying to convert her mother away from hillary. It's one of those Roe v Wade votes. And of course her mother is in her 50s and the decision affects her in no way.
    yes. its true. Hillary appeals to older age group women. But there are also young hillary supporters who merely support her because of their parents influence..

May I suggest you do NOT do this....

We NEED Hillary to win the nomination. Many of us do not believe Ron Paul has much chance winning against Obama, but Clinton should be a cake walk. Spend your time on Obama people, we need to whittle down his vote.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

RP himself said tonight that he welcomed the numerous former Obama supporters to his camp. Said it was their "similar ages" (RP and Obama) that pulled in the youger voters. One of the brighter moments in tonights debate...

Exactly... The strategy, win over the Obama people NOW, leave the Clinton people until she wins the nomination, and THEN win them over...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement

hehehehe evil freakin laugh.....

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    May I suggest you do NOT do this....

We NEED Hillary to win the nomination. Many of us do not believe Ron Paul has much chance winning against Obama, but Clinton should be a cake walk. Spend your time on Obama people, we need to whittle down his vote.

Who gives a damn who win the democratic nomination.

All i care is for Ron Paul to win the nomination! And we need to get more people to join our movement. So whoever is easier to convert, we go for them. If Ron does not win the nomination, how can he go against the democratic candidate, whoever he/she is.
    Last edited by quantized; 01-05-2008 at 10:51 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by quantized View Post
    Who gives a damn who win the democratic nomination.

All i care is for Ron Paul to win the nomination! And we need to get more people to join our movement. So whoever is easier to convert, we go for them. If Ron does not win the nomination, how can he go against the democratic candidate, whoever he/she is.
    That's why we call it a strategy... because there's a bigger picture. All you care about is winning the nomination? Then go play tiddly winks... The rest of us want him to be the PRESIDENT!
    Last edited by RonPaulVolunteer; 01-05-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hillary supporters are also less likely to vote, however, especially if their support is as tenuous as you claim.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    That's why we calls it a strategy... because there's a bigger picture. All you care about is winning the nomination? Then go play tiddly winks... The rest of us want him to be the PRESIDENT!
    Strategy to lose or win?! You cannot read the polls that have him in 4th place for NH? Are you going to tell me that the polls are fake! And you telling me you do not want to do something about that?

We need a strategy to effectively get people to caucus for him and win the NOMINATION FIRST. We do not have much time left to argue with Obama people, who generally knows more abt politics than Hillary people. The easiest people to convert are those who do not have support any candidate yet and those from Hillary.