Thread: Perception is often reality...we must convert the Conservative Republican Base

Perception is often reality...we must convert the Conservative Republican Base

We must convert the Conservative Republican base to support Ron Paul or he will not win the primary. As of now Ron Paul's support is primarily disillusioned independents and I do believe most of them are congregating on these forums, facebook, myspace and in the meetup groups.

That is outstanding and clearly the support is greater than the OM polls indicate but it simply isn't enough.

We have to do more.

Forget the neo-cons. They are not conservative and they will never support Ron Paul. They are Bush and Rudy McRomney supporters and they are not going to join our cause.

However, the real conservative Republicans, the Reagan republicans can be converted. These are the people we must convince.

These people are generally pro-life, anti-tax, anti-amnesty and are waffling on Iraq even though they originally supported it 100%. The war issue is the last pillar we must break down and if we can do so then Ron Paul will start gaining in the OM polls.

Why are the OM polls important? Well they don't reflect entirely who is going to vote on election day but they do reflect momentum and that is what Paul needs right now. Momentum = More financial donations = A Primary Win.

Perception is reality.

We must convert these people. Find out who you know or who your parents know who fall into this category and tell them about Ron Paul. Help the campaign call Iowa and convince these people that Ron Paul is a real conservative and that the war was a mistake. This must be done RIGHT NOW. If we cannot get enough of these people to join us we'll make a lot of noise on election day but we'll be handed a loss. We have come so far but just remember that the internet is now officially the choir. They are all with us. Now we have to tap the conservative republican base. They are not on the net and they are not aware of who Ron Paul is or what he stands for.

We cannot win this election without them. Start calling.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I couldn't agree more...
    Live Free or Die...

"I Killed The Bank!" -Andrew Jackson
    "I Killed The Bank Again!" -Ron Paul

Not to be picky, but I think in many ways we are growing the Republican Party base by getting more people to join the party, people who are attracted to the ideals that Ron Paul represents. The last of a very anemic base of neo-cons is shrinking as their follies are revealed to the light of day and true republicans supplant them. True Republicans are republicans after all, not empire builders.

But, don't get me wrong, this isn't about saving a political party but it may be an added bonus. Even if Ron Paul were to lose the election, his voice will have led a movement that will change the Republican Party forever.
    "When Saddam flew that plane into those buildings, I knew it was time to kick some Iranian ass!" -cheer leading, flag waving American

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldebar View Post
    Not to be picky, but I think in many ways we are growing the Republican Party base by getting more people to join the party, people who are attracted to the ideals that Ron Paul represents. The last of a very anemic base of neo-cons is shrinking as their follies are revealed to the light of day and true republicans supplant them. True Republicans are republicans after all, not empire builders.

But, don't get me wrong, this isn't about saving a political party but it may be an added bonus. Even if Ron Paul were to lose the election, his voice will have led a movement that will change the Republican Party forever.
    I think you are right and people like us are growing the party. I will be registering Republican to vote for Paul. They just got one more member. I'm sure everyone here will be doing the same.

But are we enough? Can we completely ignore the existing republicans and just take over the party? Maybe we can but it's not going to happen in just one election. We need at least some of them to come around to our side if we expect Paul to get elected in February.

I think the biggest obstacle really is trying to get them to get over their views over the Iraq war and foreign policy in general.

I mean we got people who believe that the Iraq invasion was ordained by God. :-o

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    I think you are right and people like us are growing the party. I will be registering Republican to vote for Paul. They just got one more member. I'm sure everyone here will be doing the same.

But are we enough? Can we completely ignore the existing republicans and just take over the party? Maybe we can but it's not going to happen in just one election. We need at least some of them to come around to our side if we expect Paul to get elected in February.

Are we enough? That's a good question, my feeling is that if we aren't enough for victory this time around the trend will still continue with in the party ranks and eventually turn it around.

But, on a more pessimistic note, I think this election may be the last chance to bring about a peaceful change to our government. That may seem overly dramatic, but I view the problem we face like a cancer that's spreading, and if we don't make a successful move to cut it out, the patient will die.

On the optimistic side, I don't think we are too late to turn things around and I do think Ron Paul could effectively bring about another American Revolution via the ballot box.

Our liberty is defended by four boxes: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. Take away the first three, Herr President, and the fourth will be our only choice.
    -Bill St. Clair
    "When Saddam flew that plane into those buildings, I knew it was time to kick some Iranian ass!" -cheer leading, flag waving American

Wink

Hi.......

I am a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN and I back Ron Paul 100%. I have been voting for 45 years and I want you all to know, in my lifetime, I have never seen the U.S.A. in such bad shape. I've seen crooked politicians....but NOTHING like today.
    The democrats are hispandering for their votes, and republicans are owned by the corporations who want cheap labor and hi techies imported because of their greed.
    EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE stands behind citizenship for the 20-30 million illegals currently in the U.S.
    OF THE REPUBLICANS, Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter are against shamnesty. You can't believe Mitt Romney. He was for shamnesty until the debates started and then flip-flopped.
    RON PAUL is not only against shamnesty, but actually believes in the U.S. Constitution.

I have been blogging for Paul on over 100 blog sites, including major newspapers across the country. I will continue to do so until the November Election Day 2008. And I may have to vote absentee because of being handicapped, BUT I WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL. If I had to I would crawl on my knees to a voting booth. That is how much I care about saving America for my children and grandchildren.

GOD BE WITH AMERICA IN HER HOUR OF NEED

Folks....

You know as well as I do that hardly anyone yet knows about Dr. Paul and his principles. IF WE WANT TO CHANGE THAT, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO GO OUT INTO THE LIGHT OF DAY AND PASS OUT CAMPAIGN LITERATURE!

It's not going to happen on the internet alone. We have to go out in our communities and say, go door-to-door. I understand that there are a lot of shy people, but we don't have to say much more than HELLO. The campaign literature does our job. We just want to get it into their hands so they can read it for themselves.

How much do we want Dr. Paul to win? Is it enough for us to get out there and get him known? It's up to us.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie369 View Post
    Hi.......

I am a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN and I back Ron Paul 100%. I have been voting for 45 years and I want you all to know, in my lifetime, I have never seen the U.S.A. in such bad shape. I've seen crooked politicians....but NOTHING like today.
    The democrats are hispandering for their votes, and republicans are owned by the corporations who want cheap labor and hi techies imported because of their greed.
    EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE stands behind citizenship for the 20-30 million illegals currently in the U.S.
    OF THE REPUBLICANS, Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter are against shamnesty. You can't believe Mitt Romney. He was for shamnesty until the debates started and then flip-flopped.
    RON PAUL is not only against shamnesty, but actually believes in the U.S. Constitution.

I have been blogging for Paul on over 100 blog sites, including major newspapers across the country. I will continue to do so until the November Election Day 2008. And I may have to vote absentee because of being handicapped, BUT I WILL VOTE FOR RON PAUL. If I had to I would crawl on my knees to a voting booth. That is how much I care about saving America for my children and grandchildren.

GOD BE WITH AMERICA IN HER HOUR OF NEED

First of all, welcome to the board. Good to see a real conservative voice support to Ron Paul. Let me ask you though. Among the people you know who consider themselves "real consrvatives", how many of them currently support Ron Paul? I would guess not a whole lot at this point. Among my friends who dont consider themselves neo-cons, alot of them say they like Fred Thompson. This is a big problem because were running out of time getting them all to take a serious look at Ron Paul. Once people make a decision to vote for someone, its usually very hard to get them to change their minds.

Once that happens, its more than just the matter of showing them a flyer and getting them to check out RP on his website and look at his stance and beliefs. Ive been saying on this board forever that its going to take nothing short of going door to door RIGHT NOW to have a chance, because we definitely cannot afford to wait for the mainstream media to educate people(tucker carlson not included).

We have lots of work ahead of us if we want Ron to have enough people out there that even know about him to get the win in the primaries.

Please everyone, get out there and do it. Hand out some flyers to the offline people who will never visit the RonPaul2008.com website. There are alot of them that would support RP if they just knew enough about him.
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

Let me begin with my ultra-conservative daughter and conservative sons. I have conservative friends and democrat friends alike. You would be surprised to know how many of them are sick of the government and want change and DO SUPPORT RON PAUL.

Every presidential election, we go through the same bullcrap. The major news channels (CNN, FOX, MSNBC/NBC, ABC and CBS) select 2 or 3 candidates from each party to back. In this case, Romney, McCain, Guiliani, Clinton and Obama. As the brainwashing typically goes, and as we draw closer to election, they will start nit-picking until there is one candidate left from each party.

Remember now.....EVERY ONE OF THE MAJOR NEWS CHANNELS ARE OWNED BY CORPORATIONS! Did you know that Rupert Murdock who ownes FOX is holding a giant fund-raiser for Clinton? I have a sneaking suspicion the corporations want Clinton to be the democratic candidate. She will make sure they get all the cheap labor and hi-techies they need! AND she will sign every shamnesty/immigration bill the liberal democrat congress can come up with. And I FIRMLY believe she will pursue the NAU. She is one traitorous b----!

I also think they want Romney as the Republican candidate because so many are afraid of a Mormon becoming president. Easy win for Clinton?????

I agree that the intent is to put Hillary in office.

If we can get Ron Paul the nomination of the Republican party, he will win the general election.

But, it's not going to happen UNLESS we get out there and go door-to-door handing out campaign literature. Whether Dr. Paul wins the Republican nomination, is truly in our hands. Are we willing to do what it takes?

Mike, you've done a lot of this. Why don't you reiterate what you say if the person is home. I know you've told us at least once before and it was good. Short and sweet. Even the most shy amongst us could do it.

The problem is 150 years old.

SInce the mid 1800's the ungrounded, bobbing and weaving religions caught a whiff of a Pro-Zionist doctrine introduced by John Darby and felon Cyrus Scofield that taught of a PHYSICAL return of the lost Israeli tribes.

Anyone grounded in scripture knows the return is SPIRITUAL but the damage is done and the Neo Cons OWN the Christian Zionist and Conservative Republican Base

Ron is doing the right thing pointing to Saudi Arabia anytime someone asks him about Israel - EDIT: - and preaching NO special favors for anyone..
    Last edited by ButchHowdy; 07-18-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I agree that the intent is to put Hillary in office.

If we can get Ron Paul the nomination of the Republican party, he will win the general election.

But, it's not going to happen UNLESS we get out there and go door-to-door handing out campaign literature. Whether Dr. Paul wins the Republican nomination, is truly in our hands. Are we willing to do what it takes?

Mike, you've done a lot of this. Why don't you reiterate what you say if the person is home. I know you've told us at least once before and it was good. Short and sweet. Even the most shy amongst us could do it.
    Well, what I say is "Hi, I hope I didnt bother you, but im just out in the neighborhood handing out information on a guy I think would be great for our country as president. ( if they say "well actually im kinda busy" I just hand them the flyer and ask them to take a look when they have time and offer to shake their hand") If I seem to have their attention I continue. "Have you ever heard about Republican Ron Paul?" and I hand them a flyer. Most havent heard of him so I just give them the RP record of never voting for a tax increase, never taking a government paid vacation(lots of people dont know what a junket is ) Sometimes you run into "chatty" people and its a good idea to just talk about anything they want. It gets them on a personal level and they take what you say more seriously. Dont be pushy or nervous, just relax. Dont act like you are in a hurry or they might think they are just another number to you. What you want to do is make them believe their opinoin is very important. Use your own judgement on this. Ive noticed that once they understand RP's message, they seem VERY receptive to voting for him. But, like I said in other posts, about 2-3 out of every 50 people I talk to even know his name.

Weve got lots of work to do as far as name recognition. I hear Fred Thompson, Fred Thompson, Fred Thompson, Fred Thompson more than you would believe, and Decatur, IL is mostly democrat territory. He is the one that most republicans seem to have their hopes in, if he ever decides to run. As far as democrats, like someone else said on here at one time, in Illinois, its OBAMA TIME ALL THE TIME. Obama stickers on cars as far as the eye can see. Lots of work ahead of us in states like IL
    Last edited by quickmike; 07-18-2007 at 07:26 AM.
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

I totally agree. Unless the republicans just blatantly want to lose the next election, we have to make them understand that Ron Paul is the republicans best chance to win the presidency. In order to do that, Ron needs to gain a lot of momentum and exposure. We're doing pretty good so far, but we still have a tough 7-8 months ahead. Every day's got to be one step closer.
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)