Thread: Crazy publicity stunt idea

Lightbulb Crazy publicity stunt idea

Imagine watching the Superbowl, 2 days before super-duper Tuesday, and between quarters, an entire section holds up colored sheets to spell out Dr. Paul's name...

Can this be done?

Maybe! I think it could be coordinated by a couple dozen or so supporters at the game, passing out well-thought-out colored paper or cardboard... Since an entire section is unlikely to be full of supporters (yet), the key would be to coax them into it. I propose coordinating 2 different messages: The first, nothing but a giant American flag. Pass out the cards to the folks in one section, saying "This is an American flag. Let's all hold the cards above our heads between, say, the 1st and 2nd quarter." Who would turn that down? Everybody in the stadium sees it, and loves it. Then between, say Q3 and 4, pass out cards to another section. They'll likely take them willingly (sheep!), and when the time comes, BAM! RON PAUL in giant patriotic colors in front of millions!

Crazy idea?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most probably. I'm rather for an even more crazy Idea:
    Hindenburg v.2
    The Alex "Does 'Rip off' ring a Bell?" Jones Show
    Monday-Friday 11am-2pm/Sundays 4pm-6pm CT-Call In Number: 1-800-259-9231

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Most probably. I'm rather for an even more crazy Idea:
    Hindenburg v.2
    Lets land the blimp in the middle of the stadium. We'll chip in for all the legal fees the company will be hit with, but hey, it'll get massive publicity.
    Cheers,
    mark...

Quote Originally Posted by voytechs View Post
    Lets land the blimp in the middle of the stadium. We'll chip in for all the legal fees the company will be hit with, but hey, it'll get massive publicity.
    ROFL that would be so hardcore!

That's a nice Idea as well - even if I rather like the headline;

"Ron Paul Blimp accidentally crashes in FOX News Headquarter".

How about he delivers another baby of a famous star as in having one last go at it, like a test if he can still deliver the most precious thing in the world - life.

Say Christina Aguilera would let him, now that would make headlines all over the world not just USA

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    How about he delivers another baby of a famous star as in having one last go at it, like a test if he can still deliver the most precious thing in the world - life.

Say Christina Aguilera would let him, now that would make headlines all over the world not just USA
    Only if it will be broadcasted live with close-ups.

Blimp lands at the superbowl. I'm in for at least 3 figures. Probably more.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And then as soon as they baby would cry for it's first time he would start to talk to it. He would say stuff like, don't worry little one, I'll win this thing and I'll take care of this country. By the time you grow, I'll bring all the troops home, eliminate the IRS and the FED and restore the constitution. The economy will be strong and you'll have a nice prosperous and free and peaceful life.

Wonder what kinda punishment we'd get for flying into the super bowl?

O hell yeah.....!!!

if you want real publicity... get them all to run out onto the field during the game holding ron paul signs. they'd all probably get arrested, maybe fined, maybe charged... but that's worth millions of dollars worth of advertising.

i was at a baseball game here in toronto... and the jays were really losing a lot, and then a drunk guy ran out into the outfield during the game.... the whole crowd cheers the guy one until he got tackled by security. then, 10min later, two more guys ran out at the same time... then 10min later, another guy ran out.

so if there's ron paul supporters out there who are rich/lucky enough to get superbowl tickets, and are crazy enough to run out onto the field with a ron paul sign... that would be amazing advertising (any adverting is good advertising) and this would capture people's attention way more than a 30sec commercial that would cost millions of dollars. if you could people to coordinate it... it would be awesome! i'm sure ron paul supporters would agree to pay their legal bills if anything happened.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_cartman View Post
    if you want real publicity... get them all to run out onto the field during the game holding ron paul signs. they'd all probably get arrested, maybe fined, maybe charged... but that's worth millions of dollars worth of advertising.

i was at a baseball game here in toronto... and the jays were really losing a lot, and then a drunk guy ran out into the outfield during the game.... the whole crowd cheers the guy one until he got tackled by security. then, 10min later, two more guys ran out at the same time... then 10min later, another guy ran out.

so if there's ron paul supporters out there who are rich/lucky enough to get superbowl tickets, and are crazy enough to run out onto the field with a ron paul sign... that would be amazing advertising (any adverting is good advertising) and this would capture people's attention way more than a 30sec commercial that would cost millions of dollars. if you could people to coordinate it... it would be awesome! i'm sure ron paul supporters would agree to pay their legal bills if anything happened.
    It would be on top of youtube for weeks ....Cmon guys!!

Here's the kind of publicity that can sneak up from behind and knock your socks off!:

We just launched (yesterday) a grassroots project for Dr. Paul which is specifically designed to convert enormous numbers from the otherwise heavily guarded territory of the "still-wistful-for-Gore" Left (of which I used to count myself as one). There are a lot of talking points, after the spiel about the project itself, which folks can use in their own efforts as well; particularly in regards to overcoming the objections many people on the left still have in regards to Dr. Paul's stance on the environment.

If folks think those talking points will prove useful for themselves, we're asking them to consider helping us make the same message to the entire country, but there's a little reading to do, so I want to encourage folks to just enjoy the thoughts expressed regardless! =)

It's a totally new kind of hybrid media-driven event, for which we've partnered with numerous talents, including Adam Franklin (aka frankdogg), James Gucciardo, and even Depeche Mode has granted us the free use of an incredibly spine-tingling track for our music (valued at $30,000.00 per airing!)!

Thanks to our additional partnership with Yahoo!, via the Give2Network, folks don't even have to spend a dime to actually help us make this project a reality either; thanks to a snazzy little charity searchbar they gave us (if they can't otherwise spare the ten bucks we're actually asking for to make it all a reality).

Please check us out at http://sleepingnatives.org. There's a little reading involved, but not much. If you read the entire site you'll understand how stupendously effective this project could really be for Dr. Paul's campaign. We feel people are forgetting about the gigantic pool of Ron Paul sympathizers from the left who voted for Gore in 2000, but who don't yet understand how Dr. Paul's stance could actually help the environment better than even Gore's! Just imagine the flood of support that would ensue if they got that message loud and clear!

Please help us and spread the word if you like what you see! =)

Yours in Peace,
    Philip de Souza
    philip@sleepingnatives.org

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Idea Man View Post
    Imagine watching the Superbowl, 2 days before super-duper Tuesday, and between quarters, an entire section holds up colored sheets to spell out Dr. Paul's name...

Can this be done?

Maybe! I think it could be coordinated by a couple dozen or so supporters at the game, passing out well-thought-out colored paper or cardboard... Since an entire section is unlikely to be full of supporters (yet), the key would be to coax them into it. I propose coordinating 2 different messages: The first, nothing but a giant American flag. Pass out the cards to the folks in one section, saying "This is an American flag. Let's all hold the cards above our heads between, say, the 1st and 2nd quarter." Who would turn that down? Everybody in the stadium sees it, and loves it. Then between, say Q3 and 4, pass out cards to another section. They'll likely take them willingly (sheep!), and when the time comes, BAM! RON PAUL in giant patriotic colors in front of millions!

Crazy idea?

I would watch the Superbowl just to see that! I think it would be awesome!