Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 92

Thread: Open letter to Kent Snyder, Low Moore, Jesse Benton, Joe Seehusen, et.al

  1. #1

    Default Open letter to Kent Snyder, Lew Moore, Jesse Benton, Joe Seehusen, et.al

    Dear Campaign team,

    I know that a lot of you guys want to see Ron Paul win as badly as we leaders in the grassroots do, but there is a crisis facing this campaign that involves a growing level of discontent from the grassroots with the way the official campaign relates to the unpaid "staff" out here in the hinterlands.

    There are many, many complaints popping up with increasing frequency on many popular Ron Paul forums, and I will summarize some of the key ones for you here:

    1. The communication responses some of us have been getting from Arlington when we either write or call in are HORRENDOUS. I don't mean that we are upset that ideas aren't adopted (though I'm sure some of that is a concern to some people) it's that we DON'T RECEIVE ANY RESPONSE at all many times.

    2. The word is spreading that Arlington staff has been told to have no communication with certain of us with "conspiracy views." That condescending attitude towards a HUGE part of your support base (and I am not limiting this to 911 stuff) is AWFUL, and is only going to hurt the campaign in the long haul. We have had enough with pandering to the "conspiracy-nuts-in-the-grassroots- don't-deserve-our-attention" attitude.

    3. The Michigan situation has grown intolerable. You have put people in place there with next to no political experience AND THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PRIMARY before Super Tuesday. You have a former Communist Party member and pornographer, a housewife who never voted before, and a very young former Bush campaign staffer handling this state now, and we are going to pay for it dearly on January 15th.

    4. We were promised a campaign liaison for this message board (and others) MONTHS ago and one was even hired at one point, but there is no liaison and has not been one since somebody told Justine to stop posting here months ago. That is intolerable. There are pinned threads at the top of these boards FOR A REASON.

    5. Iowa reports say that we had only one copy of a voter list of all RP supporters NOT BACKED UP ANYWHERE on a computer that was to be used by 250 college volunteers all day in Iowa for the day before the IA caucus and it was destroyed. WHAT KIND OF INCOMPETENCE ALLOWS FOR SUCH A SITUATION? Remedies must be instantly employed to insure: A> It was not intentionally destroyed, and B> That this can never happen again.

    6. There are eminently qualified people who have offered expertise on many issues who are being snubbed continually--especially with regard to commercial production.

    I know you are all very busy, but in the final analysis, so are we, and we are the ones paying your (in some cases exorbitant) salaries. It is beginning to feel like Arlington is becoming to RP supporters what Washington, D.C. is to Americans more generally. We matter, and we have good ideas. LISTEN TO US, COMMUNICATE WITH US, DON'T WRITE US OFF if our position on a couple of things may vary with yours, or even with Dr. Paul's.

    We can not win this nomination unless things change, and the cooperation between you guys and the grassroots improves DRAMATICALLY and VERY QUICKLY.

    Thanks for listening.

    Steve Martin
    Ron Paul Meetup Coordinator #17
    Northern Maine
    Last edited by SteveMartin; 01-05-2008 at 08:36 AM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    You are being too kind. The bottom line is that these guys are now out of their leagues. No one expected this campaign to get this far or raise this much money. It is time for the campaign to hire real professionals a la Romney so we get things done. They have over 20 million dollars, money isn't the problem anymore, it is experience.

    The guys working there now don't need to be fired, but they need to have new bosses of their own with real experience.


    Free To Choose
    - The greatest video series defending capitalism in it's purest form. These videos were put out by Milton Friedman.

  4. #3

    Default

    "The word is spreading that Arlington staff has been told to have no communication with certain of us with "conspiracy views." That condescending attitude towards a HUGE part of your support base (and I am not limiting this to 911 stuff) is AWFUL, and is only going to hurt the campaign in the long haul. We have had enough with pandering to the "conspiracy-nuts-in-the-grassroots- don't-deserve-our-attention" attitude."

    How can that be true when Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Kent Snyder goes on the Alex Jones show very frequently?

  5. #4

    Default

    Oh, and I have called 6 times and written 4 times SINCE JUNE to have you add "the Ron Paul" of Maine, Rep. Henry Joy, to your endorsement list whenever you came out with one. And you did, and he's still not on it despite another call and another email--and another broken promise that it would be taken care of.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menthol Patch View Post
    "The word is spreading that Arlington staff has been told to have no communication with certain of us with "conspiracy views." That condescending attitude towards a HUGE part of your support base (and I am not limiting this to 911 stuff) is AWFUL, and is only going to hurt the campaign in the long haul. We have had enough with pandering to the "conspiracy-nuts-in-the-grassroots- don't-deserve-our-attention" attitude."

    How can that be true when Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Kent Snyder goes on the Alex Jones show very frequently?
    I have it on pretty good authority from someone within the campaign, and I can also speak from my own personal experience. I used to communicate regularly with officials at the campaign, but haven't had an email or phone call responded to now since September, or early October.

  7. #6

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apc3161 View Post
    You are being too kind. The bottom line is that these guys are now out of their leagues. No one expected this campaign to get this far or raise this much money. It is time for the campaign to hire real professionals a la Romney so we get things done. They have over 20 million dollars, money isn't the problem anymore, it is experience.

    The guys working there now don't need to be fired, but they need to have new bosses of their own with real experience.
    YES!!!

  9. #8

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by apc3161 View Post
    You are being too kind. The bottom line is that these guys are now out of their leagues. No one expected this campaign to get this far or raise this much money. It is time for the campaign to hire real professionals a la Romney so we get things done. They have over 20 million dollars, money isn't the problem anymore, it is experience.

    The guys working there now don't need to be fired, but they need to have new bosses of their own with real experience.
    Right on!!! Good thinking!!!
    WE ALL NEED TO UNITE. FREEDOM TAKES RESPONSIBILITY.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

  11. #10

    Default

    This stuff is all bullshit. Leave the campaign alone please.


    Jesse Rand and Ron all guest on Alex Jones monthly, how exactly are they avoiding the conspiracy people?


    This whole topic sounds like an opposition plant to me. A few people keep trying to stir up trouble on the different forums. 20/20 just aired a segment on the dirty tricks being use din 08, opposition trying to divide us from eachother or for the campaign is easily possible.

    The campaign is doing fine. Sorry Ron isn't holding your hand and personally taking every one of thousands of calls to listen to armchair quarterbacks critique his campaign.


    If you have so much time for negative content and bitching, go to your local meetup and help get RP elected.
    Last edited by Malakai0; 01-04-2008 at 09:18 PM.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malakai0 View Post
    This stuff is all bullshit. Leave the campaign alone please.


    Jesse Rand and Ron all guest on Alex Jones monthly, how exactly are they avoiding the conspiracy people?


    This whole topic sounds like an opposition plant to me. A few people keep trying to stir up trouble on the different forums. NO ONE CARES
    agreed. zzzzzz. boring.

  13. #12

    Default

    These guys were hired to run a second tier campaign... Now the grassroots has run us to first tier, and it's time to hire the big guns. $20 million is worthless if you can't spend it right.
    Peace, Prosperity, Paul.

  14. #13

    Default

    OK 1st off


    WHO IN THE HELL DEEMED YOU "LEADERS OF THE GRASSROOTS"


    I am aware of no Leader; Unless it is an establishment puppet government like the shah, saddam, musharraf in which case

    I banish you trolls

    lol
    j/k

    Look the real point is we need to stop pointing fingers

    We have got to realize that hiring someone "PROFESSIONAL" could seriously be harmful to this campaign How many "PROFESSIONAL'S" in washington want to see Dr. Paul win???

    I would expect very few


    and as for this type of talk

    "You are being too kind. The bottom line is that these guys are now out of their leagues. No one expected this campaign to get this far or raise this much money. It is time for the campaign to hire real professionals a la Romney so we get things done. They have over 20 million dollars, money isn't the problem anymore, it is experience.

    The guys working there now don't need to be fired, but they need to have new bosses of their own with real experience."


    I respect the possibility of not firing but adding to the collective of Staffers

    But as far as MONEY

    We haven't even filled a cup in comparrison to the lakes of funds other candidates have accumulated. We still need money. Just because we don't yet know how much everyone else made their 4th quarter doesn't mean they haven't gotten donations

    Remember these special interests will stop at nothing to protect their SPEACIAL INTEREST


    Please I urge you be critical of the campaign but do not email them with these rants alot of people are and it is wasting their time because they need people to sort through these emails which means those people have less time to gain new support and less time to contact the media and update websites of upcoming events


    If our email bombs to Cafferty file can overload their computers then we are definitely strong enough to overload the campaign's computers which could have horrible reprocussions

  15. #14

    Default

    I am local Meetup Coordinator #17. I have been in the campaign since late March. I am the first poster at the official meetup message boards. I have volunteered at least 2000 hours on various efforts for the campaign since March. I have met RP three times in person and have his private phone number and spoke to him just last week.

    I am not some plant.

    If you keep the rose-colored glasses on people, we lose...period.

  16. #15

    Default

    IF you have RON PAULS private number than why would you need to write an OPEN LETTER TO KENT SNYDER AND THE REST OF THE STAFF

    RON PAUL IS THE TOP DOG

    sorry this does not compute

  17. #16

    Default

    Seriously, if you have ron's private number..

    PLEASE CALL HIM AND LET HIM KNOW THE CAMPAIGN IS FALLING SHORT OF EXPECTATIONS!!!

  18. #17

    Default

    +1

    stand ready to fix
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

  19. #18

    Default

    I will use it if things don't improve AND SOON...believe you me....

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xonox View Post
    These guys were hired to run a second tier campaign... Now the grassroots has run us to first tier, and it's time to hire the big guns. $20 million is worthless if you can't spend it right.
    ding ding ding ding...we have a winner.


    Free To Choose
    - The greatest video series defending capitalism in it's purest form. These videos were put out by Milton Friedman.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealzOnWheelz View Post
    IF you have RON PAULS private number than why would you need to write an OPEN LETTER TO KENT SNYDER AND THE REST OF THE STAFF

    RON PAUL IS THE TOP DOG

    sorry this does not compute

    Because Steve is not going to ABUSE that privilege of having that phone number.

    Stever has worked his ass off. He has every right to expect communication from the campaign, as all the grassroots do. Why call Ron Paul, at home, when there are staffers making big bucks to communicate with us? These stafferes are not doing their jobs.

    Guess what? I'm in Michigan with a primary a week and half away and we're about out of literature and yard signs. Too bad I sent all money to HQ or I could print this stuff myself. Now, I don't have the money. There is PAID staff in Michigan who supposed to make sure this didn't happen. Oh, well.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    I am local Meetup Coordinator #17. I have been in the campaign since late March. I am the first poster at the official meetup message boards. I have volunteered at least 2000 hours on various efforts for the campaign since March. I have met RP three times in person and have his private phone number and spoke to him just last week.

    I am not some plant.

    If you keep the rose-colored glasses on people, we lose...period.
    Well if you have his private phone number than why in the hell are you posting this kind of dirty laundry on a PUBLIC FORUM? Why don't you call him.

    Something is wrong with this picture. Seriously. I'm not trying to start anything with you but I remember you from the meetup boards and actually you were one reason I stopped going there.

    I call BS.

    (and I pm'd you for help in getting ahold of Rand Paul for a rally we're putting together up here in Wisconsin and you could only come up with his office number which anyone can get off Google, for cryin' out loud. And I'll add that Justine got right back to me and referred me to someone in the campaign that is trying to make an appearance by Rand happen. I've never found the campaign to be anything but helpful, but I'm not bugging them either.)
    Last edited by deedles; 01-04-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: I remembered something else.
    Proud $2300 member
    (now working on husbands $2300)

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Because Steve is not going to ABUSE that privilege of having that phone number.

    Stever has worked his ass off. He has every right to expect communication from the campaign, as all the grassroots do. Why call Ron Paul, at home, when there are staffers making big bucks to communicate with us? These stafferes are not doing their jobs.
    Guess what? I'm in Michigan with a primary a week and half away and we're about out of literature and yard signs. Too bad I sent all money to HQ or I could print this stuff myself. Now, I don't have the money. There is PAID staff in Michigan who supposed to make sure this didn't happen. Oh, well.


    If that is the way you feel then why is sending a letter to the staffers that don't do their jobs going to make a difference

    Thats like getting a job and telling your supervisor you want his job he will do everything in his power to protect his job

    But if you goto his SUpervisor in this case "RON F***** PAUL" you are more likely to get results

    Your logic is fundamentally flawed

  24. #23

    Default

    have they ran a national campaign before?

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    Well if you have his private phone number than why in the hell are you posting this kind of dirty laundry on a PUBLIC FORUM? Why don't you call him.

    Something is wrong with this picture. Seriously. I'm not trying to start anything with you but I remember you from the meetup boards and actually you were one reason I stopped going there.

    I call BS.

    (and I pm'd you for help in getting ahold of Rand Paul for a rally we're putting together up here in Wisconsin and you could only come up with his office number which anyone can get off Google, for cryin' out loud. And I'll add that Justine got right back to me and referred me to someone in the campaign that is trying to make an appearance by Rand happen. I've never found the campaign to be anything but helpful, but I'm not bugging them either.)
    That's funny. I was thinking this guy sounds like that annoying dude on the meetup forum who used to talk as if he had special enlightened campaign knowledge and experience that made him extra special. I left those forums back in April cause I got tired of him showing up in every thread talking like he had everything all figured out people just needed to do what he said.

  26. #25

    Default

    bump

    This is a serious issue which needs attention.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuiop View Post
    If there are any campaign staffers who are posting here, stop protecting your butts and calling us "opposition plants". When you raise him to the top of the polls like the grassroots have raised him to the top of the donations chart, then you can name call us as much as you like. Until you guys in the campaign deliver, the grassroots can complain as much as they like about the campaign.

    Maybe someone should remind Ron Paul that his cherished free market principles apply to his campaign as well and the grassroots need some results or they will drop off and go and support someone else.
    YUIOP, I've read through your 11 posts and I haven't seen one thing about what you're personally doing to help Dr. Paul, just a bunch of negative stuff with lots of inserted. Just wondering if you are going to sign up to be a precinct captain, maybe?
    Proud $2300 member
    (now working on husbands $2300)

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    have they ran a national campaign before?
    I highly doubt it.


    Free To Choose
    - The greatest video series defending capitalism in it's purest form. These videos were put out by Milton Friedman.

  29. #28

    Default

    Mr. Garfield aka Steve Martin whats the real deal? Nobody in Mich would put up with your rantings or your schemeing ways so now you come here to spew your poison? It's ok, I think Hillary is looking for a good campaign staffer over there. For those of you not in the know, Mr. Garfield was let go by the Campaign here in MI for reason that I do not know nor really care to know, anyways he has been trying to cause havoc here in Michigan ever since apparently because of his actions since it was a wise decision on the part of the campaign because now he is like a really bad case of herpes that just won't heal. So do not listen to the rantings.

  30. #29

    Default

    Sadly, every request for training videos and TV commercials for use on the Ron Paul Video Podcast that is now being used by thousands, has not been denied, but simply ignored. I have never had any response of any kind from anyone at HQ. To not give me the training videos to put on the podcast so everyone can download them and show them at their meetup groups has got to be one of the more serious f***ups of this campaign. Those training videos are ESSENTIAL and I have a medium to get them to the meetup groups. Just plain stupid.

    .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westmich4paul View Post
    Mr. Garfield aka Steve Martin whats the real deal? Nobody in Mich would put up with your rantings or your schemeing ways so now you come here to spew your poison? It's ok, I think Hillary is looking for a good campaign staffer over there. For those of you not in the know, Mr. Garfield was let go by the Campaign here in MI for reason that I do not know nor really care to know, anyways he has been trying to cause havoc here in Michigan ever since apparently because of his actions since it was a wise decision on the part of the campaign because now he is like a really bad case of herpes that just won't heal. So do not listen to the rantings.
    Is this true, Steve? Are you Paul Garfield?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •