Thread: How much was spent in Iowa?

How much was spent in Iowa?

Does anyone know how much Ron Paul spent in Iowa?

Please include sources if you can find any.
    NEW Anti-Huckabee Wiki: http://www.opposeHuckabee.com/ - help out!

Ron Paul Donations Firefox Extension: http://ok4ronpaul.ashlux.com/wiki/in...efox_Extension

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought I read somewhere that there was $1 million in advertising purchased (recently?)
    Hi!

I think about 1mil altogether, Iowa was never the focus, NH and Nevada were much more the focus of the campaign.
    Alex Merced - A Champion of Freedom
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

HAYEKFORUMS.COM
    - Economics and Philosophy Discussion and Debate

ALEXMERCEDFORUMS.COM
    - Libertarian Community and Discussion

Donate to Help Alex Merced promote Liberty Full Time

FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD LIKE

A boatload. From my sources the campaign blew through the 6 million raised on Iowa, NH, SC, and MI.

thats not too bad considering most went to NH and SC im assuming...we can raise more

I'm not sure, but it sounded like most of it wasn't spent in Iowa... and yet we still got 10%... amazing.
    Peace, Prosperity, Paul.

If 1 million was spent in Iowa, that's $100/vote.
    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his own enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by lbadragan View Post
    If 1 million was spent in Iowa, that's $100/vote.
    votes werent cheap this year.... do the math for hillary or romney!

but i rest assured that money pushed us over to double digits... thats a milestone
    let it be remembered that never again in the future of political campaigns will a candidate receive the same support, enthusiasm and donations UNLESS the message is about liberty, freedom, peace, and the constituion. accept no imitations

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $1 million wasted on cornfed inbreds

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikhi View Post

Ron said in an interview, he had enough to last through February.

I'm going to mock you, within the next 30 days, for having made this post. Fair warning.
    Pledge to buy Dr Paul's upcoming book (and read the preface!):

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

#4 on Amazon and climbing! Pre-order it here:

http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialRender View Post
    I'm going to mock you, within the next 30 days, for having made this post. Fair warning.
    And I'm going to remember your warning of mocking if more cornfed inbreds make it to the polls than rational thinking human beings.

Im hoping you get to do the mocking.

now, now.....

And I'm going to remember your warning of mocking if more cornfed inbreds make it to the polls than rational thinking human beings.

Im hoping you get to do the mocking.

hey, that's politics - our job is to convince people and get them to the polls. couldn't or didn't in Iowa but maybe that was an impossible task in Iowa at that point. we did get a late start and our candidate didn't spend the time needed to generate personal feelings as required. maybe that was a wise move in order to conserve resources for states more likely to yield results, but we did have to try in Iowa and we did.

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

we got deligates out of it! worth it! onle one less then 3rd/4th place too...

Yeah. That's the way to increase Paul's appeal among rural voters. He got 10% of the vote spending MUCH less per voter than other campaigns. Be happy with that and move on.

Regards,

John M. Drake

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, those stupid cows never learned!

Quote Originally Posted by John of Des Moines View Post
    A boatload. From my sources the campaign blew through the 6 million raised on Iowa, NH, SC, and MI.
    That doesn't say anything about how much was spending on Iowa. The only way you can draw any inferences is if you assume a uniform distribution across all four states. From everything I've heard NH spending has been higher than IA. By how much I don't know.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Brodown View Post
    thats not too bad considering most went to NH and SC im assuming...we can raise more
    I'm in Savannah GA area right on the Carolina border....tv coverage overlaps SC...I have not seen a TV ad or heard a radio ad whatsoever for Ron Paul. Romney everynight hammering.
    "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
    -- General Douglas MacArthur

Don't get discouraged by Iowa. We were not expected to do well there anyway. The campaign should not have been spending a lot of money there anyway. Check out this article. Although a little to rosey, it makes a lot of sense.

http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=207908
    A vote for the lesser of 2 evils is still a vote for evil.

Ron Paul's special interest group is the American people!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I'm in Savannah GA area right on the Carolina border....tv coverage overlaps SC...I have not seen a TV ad or heard a radio ad whatsoever for Ron Paul. Romney everynight hammering.
    See right here? This is horse$#@!.

The campaign manager needs to be fired because he is obviously over his head.

Get the commercials out.
    Get RP out stumping.
    Get some ads out.

Fire that moron of a manager

See right here? This is horse$#@!.

The campaign manager needs to be fired because he is obviously over his head.

Get the commercials out.
    Get RP out stumping.
    Get some ads out.

Fire that moron of a manager
    People are still hollering give them more money....heads need to roll. If something BIG doesn't happen in NH I fear its all but over....and still not a peep of anything new except the same plan.
    "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear — kept us in a continuous stampede of patriotic fervor — with the cry of grave national emergency. Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it."
    -- General Douglas MacArthur

What worries me is that if he cannot hire the best campaign management to win t his thing, how is he going to find the right people to entrust to help run this country?

I also hope we have a much better showing in New Hampshire...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The North Louisiana Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group
    My Site: http://www.kherty.com
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi