Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: McCain's done. His entire press team left this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    @Bradley:

How dare you attack us with REASON?
    Indeed. Thanks for spending so much time on here, Bradley. You know a lot more about the political process than many of us.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Indeed. Thanks for spending so much time on here, Bradley. You know a lot more about the political process than many of us.
    I'm here so much in large part to help the campaign, answer questions, detour people from overwhelming the very small staff they have. The amateurishness of many new supporters (to any campaign) is always a problem. With Dr. Paul relying so heavily on volunteers and drawing in so much enthusiastic support from people not previously involved in politics (which are great things), there are some drawbacks.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

I wish the media would point out how much debt these GOP "front runners" have accumulated.

Anectdote:

I was watching C-SPAN and one of the "big three" from either the Dems or Reps had sponsered a research firm to conduct a focus group. It was so damn boring and stale that I only watched for about 15 minutes, but it does go to show you how some of these people waste their money.

all these guys are going to work for thompson most likely
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

I beleive it would be to our advantage to have Neocon candidates stay in the race to dilute the warmonger vote. McCain staying afloat will help Dr. Paul but if some of the other second tier candidates running single issue campaigns(Tancredo, Brownback) drop it would be helpful.

I think Hunter is very vulnerable right now and might be ready to drop soon looking at the numbers. Only $213,000 cash on hand on June 30, with less cash on hand than he had 3 months earlier, and net operating expenditures exceeded total receipts by $312,000 last quarter. Net operating expenditures at $1.1 million last quarter. I think his fuel tank is about to run empty.....

Brownback and Tancredo are also burning up their remaining fuel fast. They will be lucky if they last another month IMHO....

Same with Tommy Thompson. You will see most of the other so-called "2nd Tier" out in a month or two my guess....

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I use to think so also until he tried to sell his country out by passing that ridiculous amnesty bill. Apparently he sold his soul to corporations and the CFR instead of this country.
    I think he honestly thought he had negotiated a compromise. He didn't realize that the American people had awakened for a minute.

I agree - I think he's basically a good guy.

He didn't seem like himself this time around. Last time he ran he seemed to genuinely enjoy the process. This time he seemed very strained and distant.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What we should be asking ourselves is how McCain backing out before the primaries affects RP's chances. Positive, Negative?

As someone earlier said, McCain would help dilute the pro-war vote and spread it out enough for RP supporters to gain a better percentage, but then again, some weak-mccain supporters might be absorbed by RP if there not brain-dead enough to run to Fred "Boring Generic Neocon" Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkbleach View Post
    I wish the media would point out how much debt these GOP "front runners" have accumulated.

Anectdote:

I was watching C-SPAN and one of the "big three" from either the Dems or Reps had sponsered a research firm to conduct a focus group. It was so damn boring and stale that I only watched for about 15 minutes, but it does go to show you how some of these people waste their money.
    I did manage to watch the bulk of that focus group on C-Span. It was obviously a brain picking session to see what buttons or issues they can push to see what motivates the voter's to vote for them. It was l"learning how to manipulate the masses 101" in that focus group. I found it a little disturbing to watch myself.

McCains undoing was the fact at the debates and to the press is the ffact he always supported bush on the war and immigration that was his undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by jj111 View Post
    Same with Tommy Thompson. You will see most of the other so-called "2nd Tier" out in a month or two my guess....
    This is why Ron Paul doing extremely well in the Iowa straw poll (3rd, 2nd place) is extremely important. Most of the 2nd tier candidates are basically putting all they have into the straw poll in hopes of a miracle that will keep them going til the primaries. If we work hard, we can get many of these also-rans to quit by stealing any thunder they might gain from the straw poll.

Hell, if RP Iowans manage to take it to Flip Romney and somehow win or get really close to beating him, we will really do some damage to him.

This is why the ames straw poll is really important for us, and we need to treat it as such.

Does anybody know this: is the Ames Straw Poll pretty much all about buying peoples' votes? It costs $35 and most of the rich campaigns buy the voters their tickets and give them with expensive wining and dining and entertainment.

Is there anybody in Iowa who actually pays the $35 themselves, and does so without expecting expensive freebies in food and entertainment???

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Indubitably.
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

I think Hunter is very vulnerable right now and might be ready to drop soon looking at the numbers. Only $213,000 cash on hand on June 30, with less cash on hand than he had 3 months earlier, and net operating expenditures exceeded total receipts by $312,000 last quarter. Net operating expenditures at $1.1 million last quarter. I think his fuel tank is about to run empty.....
    Hunter is hoping for NH, not Iowa. With California moved up, he may stay in till then (get the three CD delegates and help his son inherit his seat).
    digg.com/d315eji

Brownback and Tancredo are also burning up their remaining fuel fast. They will be lucky if they last another month IMHO....
    Brownback needs a win in Iowa (even if not first). Tancredo is going to switch and run for re-election to Congress. Any Colorado folk know when that deadline is?
    digg.com/d315eji

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will be out after Ames, unless there's a total upset. He's put everything he's got (and then some) into the straw poll.
    digg.com/d315eji

Thompsons out after the straw poll, I would also think that Tancredo and Hunter are all but tapped out unless Tancredo comes in third in Iowa (which I think he might). Gilmores already gone and if he doesn't come in third or better Huckabee says hes gone. Brownback hasnt been a threat and I think he and Huckabee will try to stay around until the next reporting period. Thats when it gets real interesting. The next reporting period is at the end of September and shortly after are the NH and Florida debates. IF McCain is still floundering at this point then he drops. At his point I truly believe at the Florida debate the only candidates left will be RG, MR, and RP. IF Tancredo amd Brownback stay in it is really bad for Dr. Paul. This gives the media the option to exclude the lower tier IF RP numbers havent gone up considerably. In the past the marker to appear in the debates at the later stages has been 5% in a national poll. The Next reportin gperiod is soooo crucial. This is the point where RP can prove he's in the top tier. By my estimates it will take no less then reporting 5 mil on hand to get the attention of the media. If he can win or come in the top two of a few of these straw polls and post a big reporting quater then he cant be excluded and the game is truely on.

I do kind of feel bad for McCain because I'm sure he's an alright guy so you hate (or atleast I do) to see a guy's campaign fall apart like that... but it's just not his time..

It's Ron Paul's time! =)
    Ron Paul For President 2008!
    Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.-Ron Paul
    Christianity-It's a RELATIONSHIP not a RELIGION.

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by allyinoh View Post
    I do kind of feel bad for McCain because I'm sure he's an alright guy so you hate (or atleast I do) to see a guy's campaign fall apart like that... but it's just not his time..

It's Ron Paul's time! =)
    I don't feel as bad... McCain's personal choices, not a media blackout or slanderous articles, brought him down.
    If he had the freedom message like Dr. Paul, he'd be sweeping in the cash.

what????his staff walked out....ha..they must have just gotten link for RP at google..

jk

not so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomLover View Post
    What we should be asking ourselves is how McCain backing out before the primaries affects RP's chances. Positive, Negative?

As someone earlier said, McCain would help dilute the pro-war vote and spread it out enough for RP supporters to gain a better percentage, but then again, some weak-mccain supporters might be absorbed by RP if there not brain-dead enough to run to Fred "Boring Generic Neocon" Thompson.

Don't write McCain off so fast. He has to limp along up to the first primary in order to qualify for federal matching funds, according to a news story that I saw. He'll still leave a blood trail, though. In other words, he actually has to run in something that
    counts - a primary.

lynn
    proof of explosives in WTC on 9/11 .....
    peer-reviewed paper in scientific journal - unreacted flakes of Thermite found in WTC dust!
    http://www.bentham.org/open/tocpj/ar...002/7TOCPJ.pdf
    videos:
    Entire Steven E Jones presentation at PNAC event in UT, Austin, Texas
    video:
    PNAC Rebuilding America's Senses Steven Jones Lecture

architects and engineers for 9/11 truth
    http://www.ae911truth.org/

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmedlin View Post
    Thompsons out after the straw poll, I would also think that Tancredo and Hunter are all but tapped out unless Tancredo comes in third in Iowa (which I think he might). Gilmores already gone and if he doesn't come in third or better Huckabee says hes gone. Brownback hasnt been a threat and I think he and Huckabee will try to stay around until the next reporting period. Thats when it gets real interesting. The next reporting period is at the end of September and shortly after are the NH and Florida debates. IF McCain is still floundering at this point then he drops. At his point I truly believe at the Florida debate the only candidates left will be RG, MR, and RP. IF Tancredo amd Brownback stay in it is really bad for Dr. Paul. This gives the media the option to exclude the lower tier IF RP numbers havent gone up considerably. In the past the marker to appear in the debates at the later stages has been 5% in a national poll. The Next reportin gperiod is soooo crucial. This is the point where RP can prove he's in the top tier. By my estimates it will take no less then reporting 5 mil on hand to get the attention of the media. If he can win or come in the top two of a few of these straw polls and post a big reporting quater then he cant be excluded and the game is truely on.
    I trust that all of the meetups are making friends with their local GOP... We need to help the families of [the dying shepherds ] find a home...

m
    oh go ahead, adopt an Iowan
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 07-16-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: add

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by interpaul View Post
    cnn.com
    john mccain is "the manchurian candidate".

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    john mccain is "the manchurian candidate".
    I've wondered several times about that also. After researching the MK Ultra stuff, it's certainly not a ridiculous thought. Do you have something to back that statement up with or are you just making a funny?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I've wondered several times about that also. After researching the MK Ultra stuff, it's certainly not a ridiculous thought. Do you have something to back that statement up with or are you just making a funny?
    By their fruits ye shall know them...

...scamnesty, McCain-Feingold...need I go on???

countdown to mccain crying on jon stewarts shoulder like the old days on the daily show

"im sorry i should have never turned on you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast