MoneyMcCain: 15,825 [6925] [6305] [1795] [800]
    Romney: 3,551 [2,051] [0] [1500] [0]
    Rudy: 2,320 [1,450] [370] [250] [250]
    Hunter: 1000 [0] [1000] [0]
    Huckabee: 750 [250] [0] [500]
    Tancredo: 350 [350] [0] [0]
    Brownback: 71 [71] [0] [0]
    Thompson: 0 [0] [0] [0]

Units are contributions in dollars by employees of the respective military organizations.

Source: Finance Reports for the 2007 July Quarterly. http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q2/

Percentages:
    52.53% Ron Paul
    35.4% McCain
    7.9% Romney
    5.2% Rudy
    2.2% Hunter
    2.6% Others
    Last edited by njandrewg; 07-16-2007 at 11:13 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I actually think McCain had a few Marines in there as well.

looks like I missed some #s

missed Ron Paul: US NAVY CIVILIAN 500.00
    USAF 1,000.00
    USAF-ACTIVE DUTY 2,300.00
    DISABLED VETERAN 500.00

Romney:
    USAF RETIRED 1,000.00

blame doing it at 3am(4am now)

I guess our troops want to vote for a President who actually cares for their lives.

Great analysis, njandrewg. I know it is difficult when you have to clean up several different syntaxes for each category. This is only 2Q data, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewgreve View Post
    Source?
    http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q2/

Look under contributions by employer for each candidate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about directing out-reach efforts to the military? To private people in the military.

If they support RP very much, it could be the big break-in to the center of the republican hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by rockfree33 View Post
    I guess our troops want to vote for a President who actually cares for their lives.
    No kidding. Ron Paul loves the People and loves our armed forces. They are not just expendable tools for corporate campaign donations. We need to get out troops back home ASAP.

Iran has too many missiles ready to sink our THREE of eight aircraft carriers in the gulf.

everybody forward the info to all news networks

The 2 top candidates oppose torture. I bet this is a big reason why McCain along with Paul are supported. Torture has desecrated the military, and makes our troops less safe from that which we had once stood against.

Quote Originally Posted by njandrewg View Post
    looks like I missed some #s

missed Ron Paul: US NAVY CIVILIAN 500.00
    USAF 1,000.00
    USAF-ACTIVE DUTY 2,300.00
    DISABLED VETERAN 500.00

Romney:
    USAF RETIRED 1,000.00

blame doing it at 3am(4am now)
    Ooops! That one was me!

EDIT: Let's keep this in context though, folks. This is amount in dollars organized by employer, not amount of contributors by employer.
    Last edited by foofighter20x; 07-16-2007 at 06:49 AM.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure." - Robert LeFevre

RP is cleaning up against the Democrat candidates as well.
    Beat Vote Fraud - Video your Vote!!!

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come."

- Dr Ron Paul

"Don't Fight City Hall, when you can BE City Hall"

G. Edward Griffin

Energy Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Stanley Meyers

Health Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Dr Richard Schulze

I missed out on Q2 donations, but I will be giving to him this time.

David P. Salsone
    United States Navy (Active Duty)

WTH@ Diggers???

I correct a comment in FAVOR of Dr Paul and it gets buried...

Odd bunch, them.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free." -Göthe
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice work. I just blogged your numbers at http://onscribblersmind.blogspot.com...ributions.html

Let me know if you discover any corrections. I also dugg this story at http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Mi...tial_Race/blog
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Don't forget that USN = US Navy, so you can add $1,000 to that.
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

confused

Hi, I'm a little confused by this. I want to share the blogged page with all the Ron Paul naysayers on the JREF forum and they will naturally be checking the source. When I look at the list it says that Ron got $100.00 from the Army and if that is how I read it that is how they will too. Would someone help me to understand where these totals come from? I can't defend them unless I can understand them.

Also, the folks over on the JREF forum are typical internet savvy types and most of them still on dismiss Dr. Paul as a marginal whack job. I don't know if it is possible or even important to win these people over, but they are certainly representive of a certain segment of the internet generation. If more of you libertarian inclined/Ron Paul supporter types who are certainly more articulate and persuasive than myself could join and participate on the forum I wouldn't feel so alone over there.

It costs nothing and has a lot of lively debates. For you who don't know, it's the James Randi Educational Foundation (Randi is the well known magician/debunker). There is large forum on the site with numerous topics including one on politics. I have tried for a while to interest liberty defenders in joining and I am not sure if I have persuaded anybody. But these are generally very smart people on the forum and I think we need to be able to reach them and who they represent. My nick is the same there as here - BillyDKid. my best, BDK

Start by looking under US Army...

I think somewhere someone pointed out that a lot of the contributions were coming from CA, TX, and FL residents. This matches well the fact that the military is one of Dr Paul's largest donor groups. A LOT of military people, where ever they may come from, switch their residency to those three states--usually to escape state income tax withholdings from other states.

We need to all send this to the media.

I would like Ron Paul to get more specific on just exactly his view of a "strong military" means. Obviously he wants less US entanglement in other parts of the world.
    Does this mean a drastically reduced force?
    Will our military even have the ability to project itself globally?

As a veteran and military contractor, what of my livelihood. I am a former Army Ranger, Army Helicopter Instructor Pilot. In a Ron Paul administration, I see major cuts. At 42 with 3 kids, do I need to fear for my job?

I love Ron Paul's message, his Libertarian and Conservative values. I'm leaning in his direction, but need more specifics before I can completely commit to him and his campaign.

wow, they really are fighting for our freedoms!
    Everyone get behind Ron Paul and fight your guts out!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RangerBrig the best thing you can do is email the campaign and just ask. They are pretty good about getting back to people in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerbrig View Post
    I would like Ron Paul to get more specific on just exactly his view of a "strong military" means. Obviously he wants less US entanglement in other parts of the world.
    Does this mean a drastically reduced force?
    Will our military even have the ability to project itself globally?

As a veteran and military contractor, what of my livelihood. I am a former Army Ranger, Army Helicopter Instructor Pilot. In a Ron Paul administration, I see major cuts. At 42 with 3 kids, do I need to fear for my job?

I love Ron Paul's message, his Libertarian and Conservative values. I'm leaning in his direction, but need more specifics before I can completely commit to him and his campaign.
    With our Reserves at home, where they should be, at the ready, we WOULD be able to activate were something serious to come up. As we are now, we're a sitting duck with our entire military, including the Reserves, spoken for. Undeployed Reserves cost a whole lot less than what we're doing now.

Let's not forget how much of our military spending is going to corporations, the so-called "military-industrial complex," the Haliburtons which consider $75,000 big-rigs as one-time-use, disposable vehicles.

These contribution numbers likely do not reflect the Reserves, and there may be an even bigger spread were it possible to see what they contributed.

Ok, I just didn't check the whole list. But I do have another issue - under donations by zip - there is no donation for my zip and I have donated 200.00 myself alone. I can't think of a reasonable explanation why my donation does not show up. Maybe it is just under "no zip included", but I did include my zip. I got thank you cards from the campaign, so yes I must have included my zip.
    Last edited by BillyDkid; 07-16-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyDkid View Post
    Ok, I just didn't check the whole list. But I do have another issue - under donations by zip - there is no donation for my zip and I have donated 200.00 myself alone. I can't think of a reasonable explanation why my donation does not show up. Maybe it is just under "no zip included", but I did include my zip. I got thank you cards from the campaign, so yes I must have included my zip.

I checked for my zip as well and it was not listed either. Not sure why, but I do know that I sent in 100 bucks.

My zip and donation isn't included either. Hmmmmm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast