Thread: WSJ in blackout mode

WSJ in blackout mode

is someone missing here???

as found in this WSJ story:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article...f_main_tff_top
    Last edited by fj45lvr; 01-03-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That leftist Murdoch owns the WSJ now.
    Whats in your survival cache?

"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness."

Murdoch bought them...thats what happend

ME <@gmail.com>
    to jackie.calmes@wsj.com,
    Amy.Schatz@wsj.com
    date Jan 2, 2008 11:58 PM
    subject Did Rupert call you two directly...
    mailed-by gmail.com

And insist you leave Ron Paul out of your graphic, when he's polling at 11% in Iowa??

Ridiculous. Will never pick up your rag again.

Please cancel my account to the online journal. I've already canceled my
    offline account. Your affiliation with News Corp and Rupert Murdoch is
    clearly distorting your view in the 08 political race.

Thank you.

There response:

We have received your e-mail with your cancellation request for The Wall Street Journal Online. Your account has been cancelled and a pro-rated credit of $3.82 for the unused portion of your account has been issued.

We value your business, and we want you back. What can we do to improve your experience with The Wall Street Journal Online? Please give us a call to let us know how we can help you get the most from the Online Journal.

If you decide to reactivate your subscription within the next 10 days, we have a special offer for you. Subscribe to the Wall Street Journal Online at $79 for the first year, a $20 saving off the regular price. It is only $6.58 a month, lower than what you used to pay on a monthly basis. In addition, you’ll receive a FREE 30 day trial.

I canceled when I learned of the exclusion of Ron Paul, not only in the debates but overall in the Journal itself.

we should be declaring war on the media. the current establishment needs to be destroyed, and we're already using the tool that can be employed to do it.

destroy the MSM with the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius Stone View Post
    we should be declaring war on the media. the current establishment needs to be destroyed, and we're already using the tool that can be employed to do it.

destroy the MSM with the internet
    +1000000000

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What endorsements does Ron Paul have which meet their criteria? This is a comparative bar graph of endorsements by elected officials from states holding primaries between now and super Tuesday.

Matthew Chapters 23 + 24

I cancelled my WSJ account the day the deal of the News Corp acquisition was sealed. They were a complete pain in the ass, I swear it was worse than AOL trying to cancel my account with them. I called up, gave them my information, but they said they needed my "secret answer" that I put when I signed up for the online WSJ a year ago. I had completely forgotten what I put. They told me well they could not cancel my account without that secret answer because they needed to verify it was me. I said well I can give you my credit card number, name, address, date of birth, social security number, e-mail address..etc, would help? NO, they could NOT cancel my account until I told them my answer to the question "What was your first pet's name?" (I put some gibberish answer, why give someone a clue to your password?) I could not believe how ridiculous they were being about it, I flipped out. I called several times hoping to get a nicer rep, even spoke to the manager - same response. I ended e-mailing someone there and they finally canceled it for me.

The WSJ graphic is misleading in another way, too.

Why should anyone care how many elected representatives endorse a particular candidate? Or is it even a good thing if a candidate is endorsed by a lot of them? They may as well list how many Fortune 2000 CEOs endorse particular candidates. It's a sheeple graphic: "just vote for the one with the longest bar..." If anything, I would be inclined to do the reverse (based on that chart alone).
    Working on ending viral disease through development of the world's first broad-spectrum antiviral drug. You can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pedersen View Post
    What endorsements does Ron Paul have which meet their criteria? This is a comparative bar graph of endorsements by elected officials from states holding primaries between now and super Tuesday.
    don't know about the endorsement aspect....it is actually 2 seperate graphs however (one for endorsement, one for "polling" numbers).

I guess presently it is not viewed as a "plus" to endorse Ron if you're in Congress which is NOT really that suprising because how many other Constitutionalists are there anyhow??? Now you know why.

In that specific poll, RP was at 9%. See http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72422

Edit: It looks like the BBC has done exactly the same thing! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72429
    Last edited by user; 01-03-2008 at 05:21 AM.
    Ron Paul's best political writing? (link)

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    In that specific poll, RP was at 9%. See http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72422

Edit: It looks like the BBC has done exactly the same thing! http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72429
    9 percent and a margin of error of ???? that would potentially have him where?? Third to last???

Quote Originally Posted by fj45lvr View Post
    9 percent and a margin of error of ???? that would potentially have him where?? Third to last???
    3.3%, so yes, statistically tied for third.
    Ron Paul's best political writing? (link)

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.