Thread: Man I'm glad I called!

Exclamation Man I'm glad I called!

Dec 31st was the last day for me to register in Florida.

I registered around Dec 2nd, along with my wife. She received her registration card in the mail on Dec 30 but I didn't.

On the 31st, after the mail came with nothing for me, I called the Supervisor of Elections to ask what the deal was. It turns out, they said I forgot to put my driver's license number on the form and I would have to complete the form in it's entirety at the local registration office if I planned on voting in the primary.

No warning, no callback, nothing.

Good thing I called!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep, Florida was a bit of a bitch to registe rin.

Free elections. Maybe the war for free elections should be in the US?

Glad you caught that. Maybe your post should be a stickie to alert those who haven't received notice yet?

Bosso

Strange I never got a registration card in the mail, i hope they got me on that list

Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW! View Post
    Strange I never got a registration card in the mail, i hope they got me on that list
    call asap...
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikhi View Post
    Dec 31st was the last day for me to register in Florida.

I registered around Dec 2nd, along with my wife. She received her registration card in the mail on Dec 30 but I didn't.

On the 31st, after the mail came with nothing for me, I called the Supervisor of Elections to ask what the deal was. It turns out, they said I forgot to put my driver's license number on the form and I would have to complete the form in it's entirety at the local registration office if I planned on voting in the primary.

No warning, no callback, nothing.

Good thing I called!
    they knew you were a ron paul voter, those republicans keep caging the lists. read greg palast's books
    Ron Paul supporter since 1983

I'm in Florida.. I registered earlier this month as a Repub. at the downtown office.. The clueless clerk goes, "Why are so many switching to Republican?"
    “We’ve always been at war with Eastasia.”

Quote Originally Posted by JPFromTally View Post
    I'm in Florida.. I registered earlier this month as a Repub. at the downtown office.. The clueless clerk goes, "Why are so many switching to Republican?"
    LOL

did you tell her about RP?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    haha, If only they knew.

It's music to my eyes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RPFTW! View Post
    That happened to me. I sent in my husbands registration and mine at the same time. He got his card, I didn't. I called. I recieved it in the mail two days later.

Florida is such a joke.

Call them!!

That is a REALLY good sign. Clueless MSM can't figure out why.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22454560/

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by LFOD View Post
    That is a REALLY good sign. Clueless MSM can't figure out why.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22454560/
    Im In NJ and called their voter registrion state office a few weeks ago... Im registered independent... the lady from the State (who I think liked Ron Paul) said for me not to worry that I didnt actually have to be registered as a republican to vote in the GOP primary... that the independents could as well.. they declare their party affiliation the day of the primary irregarless of the GOPs party affiliation change... I think alot of the states are like Jersey on this,.

im really proud of yall who followed up. NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE! (i think thats the proper cliche here)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Im In NJ and called their voter registrion state office a few weeks ago... Im registered independent... the lady from the State (who I think liked Ron Paul) said for me not to worry that I didnt actually have to be registered as a republican to vote in the GOP primary... that the independents could as well.. they declare their party affiliation the day of the primary irregarless of the GOPs party affiliation change... I think alot of the states are like Jersey on this,.
    I hope she didn't lie to you.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    I hope she didn't lie to you.
    I dont think so.. When I told her "Yeah i wanna vote for Ron Paul in the primaries so I want to make sure i can vote GOP" she said to me.. "Oh Ive seen quite a few of Ron Pauls videos on the internet."

cmon once you watch a video of him youre hooked... remember she has to appear impartial

I dont know about NJ but in Indiana we have open Primary too and yes you can just say you want to vote Republican at the poll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    I dont know about NJ but in Indiana we have open Primary too and yes you can just say you want to vote Republican at the poll
    Go here and click on your state to find accurate information:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/

For New Jersey:

New Voters: Register Republican at the Polls on Tuesday, Feb. 5

Registered voters may only vote in a primary for one party's candidates and they must have declared an affiliation with that party. If you declared a party affiliation when you registered, you may vote in that party's primary. If you did not declare a party affiliation when you registered, you may do so at the polls the first time you vote in a primary election. After that, you will retain this party affiliation unless you file a form to change your party declaration