Thread: The God who didn't exist advertisment

The God who didn't exist advertisment

What the hell is up with "The God Who Didn't Exist" advertisement on this page? Advertising Atheistist ideas as part of the Ron Paul campaign is sickening.

I don't want to be part of a campaign that promotes this garbage

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The God who didn't exist advertisment

What the hell is up with "The God Who Didn't Exist, The God Movie" advertisement on this page? Advertising Atheistist ideas as part of the Ron Paul campaign is sickening.

what page? what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by peter_lifton View Post
    What the hell is up with "The God Who Didn't Exist, The God Movie" advertisement on this page? Advertising Atheistist ideas as part of the Ron Paul campaign is sickening.

This forum is not part of the campaign.

The campaign is not promoting it, but some of the board atheists are not happy unless they are telling everyone about their "religion." Kind of like born agains who go door to door.

Personally, I`m all about individual freedom, thats why I`m here.
    The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.

Congressman Ron Paul 5/22/07

The ads are by Google and run on a free market system.

Anyone can advertise what they like. It works on relevance and the highest bids.

Mostly the adverts are automatically chosen by Google to match the content of the page.

Some adverts are site-targeted, when a specific advertiser choses to be displayed on this website for instance.

You're quite free to sign-up to Google Adwords and run your own adverts on this forum pitching your silly God to us all if you like.

It will cost you, though. That's how freedom works, baby.

Pete

Oh really, well should someone run one that said the "Zionists have taken the USA from within", it would be stopped in a heartbeat.

I agree that any Christian that may come here and see that would drive them away. A little investigation as to who these crap spreaders are would reveal I believe an enemy of Ron Paul. They are all over this forum now.

I clicked on the link and the movie looked like trash. The website didn't actually talk about the content of the movie, just about how "provocative" it is. I wouldn't worry about it though, I doubt any Christians would come here and get turned off by a tiny google ad.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Would just like to point out that atheists are confronted with 'God exists' stuff constantly and we (most of us, at any rate) don't get into a snit about it.
    First take back the Republican Party: Join the GOP Rising!
    Next become a Precinct Leader
    Then donate to RP's presidential or congressional campaign

Paranoid ? Why must you get angry, at an internet advertisement? They come up randomly, depending on what the subject is about. Right now I see 2 Ron Paul advertisements and a CarbonCopyPRO. But I don't say, "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CARBONCOPY PRO CRAP? AS A COMPUTER USER, I'M VERY OFFENDED!"

But ya..
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

I'm usually not calling anyone a troll, but very many people with not very many posts have been telling us why they can't support the campaign anymore for some ridivulous reason lately...

Geese....Who cares?Are you that paranoid?
    WE ALL NEED TO UNITE. FREEDOM TAKES RESPONSIBILITY.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Ron Paul has the highest proportion of atheist supporters of any candidate.

I agree...and I should know I am one. After all free thought is Libertarian, so for someone to get angry over an ad is not very Libertarian. I see Christian ads all the time, I don't blow a fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Ron Paul has the highest proportion of atheist supporters of any candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_lifton View Post
    What the hell is up with "The God Who Didn't Exist" advertisement on this page? Advertising Atheistist ideas as part of the Ron Paul campaign is sickening.

Is your faith so weak that a little competition can shake it?
    All your voter base are belong to us!