Thread: How to make a video?

How to make a video?

Hey all, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but...oh well!

I want to make a video collage with words and background music to help convince some of my friends. The current videos are great, but I want to tailor the video to the specific audience.

I want to use utube videos and pictures. I have something that allows me to capture them as .flv files. I also have something that converts them to other formats, but I can't seem to get them to work in Windows Movie Maker.

Could someone just please maybe list a couple files that they use to make the RP videos? Like the capture program, the convert program, and the "movie maker" program? Maybe even a suggestion for what software to use to create a DVD then?

I would really appreciate it!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you already have the videos, you need to convert them to a format that Windows Movie Maker recognizes. Look up file types in the help. I usually convert FLV files to MPG, they work ok. Pictures should just drop right into Movie Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by sethay View Post
    Hey all, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but...oh well!

I want to make a video collage with words and background music to help convince some of my friends. The current videos are great, but I want to tailor the video to the specific audience.

I want to use utube videos and pictures. I have something that allows me to capture them as .flv files. I also have something that converts them to other formats, but I can't seem to get them to work in Windows Movie Maker.

Could someone just please maybe list a couple files that they use to make the RP videos? Like the capture program, the convert program, and the "movie maker" program? Maybe even a suggestion for what software to use to create a DVD then?

I would really appreciate it!
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have any suggestions for programs to use other then Movie Maker? Not to happy with it.

If you want to capture videos and music from youtube videos just go to mediaconverter.org
    It is by far the best website for converting youtube videos. You can also use it to get songs off of youtube.
    I never made any videos before until like two weeks ago. Our school has Pinnacle and that was pretty easy to use. I did a similar project to what you are suggesting. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXexn2cnPvc

Quote Originally Posted by sethay View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have any suggestions for programs to use other then Movie Maker? Not to happy with it.
    Sony Vegas 8.0...

Takes a little while to learn, watch tutorials.. play around etc. You'll digg it.
    The video I made in my sig, is the 2nd video I've ever made.. took a ---- long time, but I got there..
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

If you're savvy, Adobe Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Check out VideoPad never used it before but I have used there WavePad Audio Software.

Here's a video information getter.

Gspot

Gspot Screenshot

Here are some great basic video tuorials (text).

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/

EDIT: (whoops... didn't check the post dates)
    Last edited by Mach; 01-27-2010 at 11:27 PM.
    FJB

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It will be easy for you to make video if you use some screen recorder, which can help you record whatever streaming video and audio file on computer screen with high quality, it also help what happened on screen and save the recorded video to standard video format file. I always use it to help me record video from screen and make videos for youtube, so that many others can share for use.

Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5.5
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads: