View Poll Results: Do you like the new immigration ad?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I strongly approve - PRO-DEFENSE/SOVEREIGNTY and ANTI-INTERVENTION is Ron Paul's philosophy.

98 60.49%
  • I somewhat approve

27 16.67%
  • I'm neutral on it.

13 8.02%
  • I somewhat disapprove

9 5.56%
  • I strongly disapprove - This is not the Ron Paul I've come to know.

15 9.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like the new immigration ad?

RonPaulCult

I think the production value is the best yet - up there with the "big boys"

I think the message is strong and effective.

I think the last statement is horrible and I want HQ to get rid of it.

I somewhat disapprove

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's fine.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulCult View Post
    I think the production value is the best yet - up there with the "big boys"

I think the message is strong and effective.

I think the last statement is horrible and I want HQ to get rid of it.

I somewhat disapprove
    +1

I could be pragmatic and accept its use in limited markets as a sin with good intent, it certainly is not the ad to put on web site and risk alienating a sizable segment of supporters.

over 75% approve Good poll!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Yep, and only 6% of the population strongly disaproves of this ad. I fail to see the evidence that shows that this ad will alienate a sizable segment of supporters. If anything, it will gain supporters. The only people who will be turned off are liberals who were never going to vote for Ron Paul anyway. I look forward to doing well in Iowa with the help of this fantastic ad.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

I agree... if most of us love the ad, Iowa will eat it up... way to go HQ!

love the ad. The best ad put out by teh campaign thus far.

big thumbs up.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

Perfect ad for Iowa and New Hampshire. Immigration and National Defense are the two biggest issues for Republicans, so this is a homerun ad for RP.
    He talked about his first trip around the Hawkeye State, the one where he realized the White House was his destiny, and how the mist was rising up from the fields after a rain. The former boy-mayor of Cleveland then saw something he had never seen before: "Rainbows, dancing from field to field. Rainbow Farms!"

He got weirder from there and ended by promising that under President Kucinich, we'd all see the dancing rainbows.

It's a great ad. I'm glad to see them running it.

They've sent out mailers here in WV containing the same info.

Those left-leaning types who are shocked by this ad would probably become apoplectic were they to see the national defense mailer that went out here.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i dont like that the ad generalizes all students from so called terrorist nations to be threats. this wasnt even an issue that needed to be addressed. why create controversy by bringing up something that wasnt even questioned in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    Yep, and only 6% of the population strongly disaproves of this ad. I fail to see the evidence that shows that this ad will alienate a sizable segment of supporters. If anything, it will gain supporters. The only people who will be turned off are liberals who were never going to vote for Ron Paul anyway. I look forward to doing well in Iowa with the help of this fantastic ad.
    That is a rather simplistic analysis. What %age of voters you think will vote for a candidate who labels other countries as 'evil', 'axis of evil' or 'terrorist nations'? Not many at all in 08.
    This is a nuance in bigger scheme of things but it is pretty important seen in conjunction with our recent war and foreign policies.

Tancredo was against visas for students from 'terrorist nations' more so than this ad's tone suggests RP is, where did he end up?

Ron Paul campaign is making a blunder here imo.

I somewhat approve because it will help get Ron Paul elected. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Star View Post
    That is a rather simplistic analysis. What %age of voters you think will vote for a candidate who labels other countries as 'evil', 'axis of evil' or 'terrorist nations'? Not many at all in 08.
    This is a nuance in bigger scheme of things but it is pretty important seen in conjunction with our recent war and foreign policies.

Tancredo was against visas for students from 'terrorist nations' more so than this ad's tone suggests RP is, where did he end up?

Ron Paul campaign is making a blunder here imo.
    Tancredo is a neo-con sell out. He never had anywhere near the support that Paul did so that's a terrible comparison. Ron Paul didn't label any country as evil or axis of evil. Not sure where you're getting that from. In fact, Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate who doesn't want to nuke Iran or keep destroying Iraq. The Ron Paul campaign is making a triumph here imo.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

I agree, it is a TARGET ad at a certain demographic. Therefore I approve, but in general, I'm neutral.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

I think a quite a few people jumped on the Ron Paul bandwagon when they heard that he wants to end the drug war and end the war in Iraq. Now they are slowly finding out that he is a conservative Republican and they are shocked.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12