View Poll Results: For which project would you be more inclined to donate?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • A single one month PR stunt, costing a fixed amount of money

67 65.69%
  • A continuous business, Liberty Political Advertising

29 28.43%
  • Neither

6 5.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Poll : For which project would you be more inclined to donate?

A Poll : For which project would you be more inclined to donate?

For which project would you be more inclined to donate?

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoops, forgot the poll.
    tu ne cede malis

Where's the poll? You forgot to setup the poll.

You messed up. The thread doesn't belong here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BeFranklin View Post
    You messed up. The thread doesn't belong here anyway.
    the hell it doesn't.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    Whoops, forgot the poll.
    I didn't forget.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    the hell it doesn't.
    I thought you were posting a list of other projects, so I was right.

Don't cuss at me. I can cuss at you just as easily but think it is low thing to do.

I thought you were posting a list of other projects, so I was right.

Don't cuss at me. I can cuss at you just as easily but think it is low thing to do.
    I am NOT bringing up an "other" project.

The project as it existed in the "pledge" form only a few days ago, was option 1.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am NOT bringing up an "other" project.

The project as it existed in the "pledge" form only a few days ago, was option 1.
    I couldn't tell - like I said in the original message and the poster before me, the poll wasn't showing up, and when I responded, I wasn't responding to that.

So I didn't appreciate being cussed out.

I couldn't tell - like I said in the original message and the poster before me, the poll wasn't showing up, and when I responded, I wasn't responding to that.

So I didn't appreciate being cussed out.
    Are you referring to "The hell it doesn't" ?

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

Did the horse move? I thought he was already dead - why are some guys still beating him?
    LukeNM

Gen. George Washington during the first American Revolution:
    "We can't guarantee victory, but we can deserve it."

I think this poll asks a very reasonable question.

Quote Originally Posted by rrroae View Post
    All it is is a comparison of SCOPE and how it has changed in the past few days.

a) The Blimp project I pledged to.

versus

b) The blimp project as it has been altered in the past few days.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

How so? The old way was simply not legally feasible; this is the same thing but structured slightly differently (yes, it's continuous now, but if people don't think it's worth going on, they will stop donating and it'll only last a month anyway).

Its useless though. They already have it set up to do it this way, and there isn't time to do it another way, so most of these threads are pretty darn useless.

If you only want it up a month, only contribute up to the point it has a months worth of time to run. However, it would seem a better idea to keep it up at least through the beginning of February.

Nice job on those videos, I'm guessing you are optionsmonster.

I haven't seen that Ron Paul Houston Chronicle video before and thought it was really well done and portrayed Dr. Paul's human qualities on spot,even though you may not have tried to. He has such a warm and comforting smile and contagious laugh and giggle. I would really enjoy to sit around with some others and have a chance to talk with Dr. Paul someday. I find him very uplifting to listen to.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rory096 View Post
    How so? The old way was simply not legally feasible; this is the same thing but structured slightly differently.
    No.

The original concept was a PR stunt, over a single month, at a FIXED cost.

This new concept is an ongoing business, over many months, at a much much higher cost.

The concept of a single PR event has been changed.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

However, it would seem a better idea to keep it up at least through the beginning of February.
    That is NOT what people pledged to.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

That is NOT what people pledged to.
    Really? I remember the original thread I pledged to as being to keep it up a month, with an option to extend the contract. This is exactly the same thing, except your now buying an exact piece of time. How is this different?

Its useless though. They already have it set up to do it this way, and there isn't time to do it another way, so most of these threads are pretty darn useless.

If you only want it up a month, only contribute up to the point it has a months worth of time to run. However, it would seem a better idea to keep it up at least through the beginning of February.
    No we're breaking it down to the skinny.

Du people want a set amount of fly time for a set amount of contributions

Or

Do people want an ongoing venture with no set time limits or contribution limits.

However you may feel people should have a right to voice their opinions if they are the ones contributing.

Really? I remember the original thread I pledged to, and it was to keep it up a month, with an option to extend the contract. This is exactly the same thing, except your now buying an exact piece of time.
    No. This new concept has suddenly creeped into hiring full time employees and all of the other added costs that are associated with a business. This is not what people signed up for. It was even stated by the promoters that it was the "PR Stunt" angle that was the whole point. No one ever was under the impression that this was to be morphed into an ongoing money pit of a multimillion dollar, multi-month (year?) long extravaganza.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

Really? I remember the original thread I pledged to as being to keep it up a month, with an option to extend the contract. This is exactly the same thing, except your now buying an exact piece of time. How is this different?
    You know full well what they and others are reffering to. Let's not keep bringing up the obvious though.

No we're breaking it down to the skinny.
    Du people want a set amount of fly time for a set amount of contributions
    Or
    Do people want an ongoing venture with no set time limits or contribution limits.
    However you may feel people should have a right to voice their opinions if they are the ones contributing.
    I don't care at all if people discuss this, I'm just saying its useless: the blimp is going to
    launch in seven days, and at some point someone has to take charge for a project like
    this to get off the ground. You don't just endlessly debate this stuff online, that doesn't
    accomplish anything.

Also, these aren't contributions anymore, you are buying time.

I don't care at all if people discuss this, I'm just saying its useless: the blimp is going to launch in seven days, and at some point someone has to take charge for a project like this to get off the ground. You don't just endlessly debate this stuff online, that doesn't accomplish anything.

I am not trying to argue. I am just all for a simple poll of donor prefference. What the plan was when people pledged, versus what the plan is now.

Nothing wrong with that.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't care at all if people discuss this, I'm just saying its useless: the blimp is going to launch in seven days, and at some point someone has to take charge for a project like this to get off the ground. You don't just endlessly debate this stuff online, that doesn't accomplish anything.

But no one is contributing until Elijah and Trevor clarify a couple of sticky points.

I think this is obvious.

No. This new concept has suddenly creeped into hiring full time employees and all of the other added costs that are associated with a business. This is not what people signed up for. It was even stated by the promoters that it was the "PR Stunt" angle that was the whole point. No one ever was under the impression that this was to be morphed into an ongoing money pit of a multimillion dollar, multi-month (year?) long extravaganza.
    Arg, then don't contribute past 450k and it won't be up more then a month!!!!!

Option 1 is a limited in duration one month that was to cost $350,000 as the blimp company reportedly quoted.

Smallest Political Quiz
    Constitutional Republic
    Ron Paul in 1988

-Mark Twain

You know full well what they and others are reffering to. Let's not keep bringing up the obvious though.
    No I don't "know full well", how about not trying to read my mind, and I won't read yours either.

I was under the idea that if it was successfully, and people kept on contributing, they would extend the contract of the blimp. That is what was originally said, and you can go look it up yourself.

I like your positve attitude!!

The point is, I want this darn blimp up as much as anyone.

To get the blimp up we need to see a realization of the pledges.

To get the pledges we need to get a little clarification.

....simply telling people to give right now won't cut it.

But there's talk we should be getting some transparency shortly so hopefully we can get this thing back on track within the next couple of days.

I like your positve attitude!!

The point is, I want this darn blimp up as much as anyone.

To get the blimp up we need to see a realization of the pledges.

To get the pledges we need to get a little clarification.
    ....simply telling people to give right now won't cut it.

But there's talk we should be getting some transparency shortly so hopefully we can get this thing back on track within the next couple of days.
    Well, I'm waiting like everyone else. Where is this asking for the donations officially and email?? Been waiting all day. Do see they added someone else on in their media team just now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast