Page 87 of 220 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 6573

Thread: What are you listening to?

"War Pigs" at 9:30

This is the whole concert they did- the first 50 minutes are songs from the new album:
    Last edited by CPUd; 10-17-2014 at 12:44 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I am going to get reported for this....

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

recognize anyone?

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Well, OP, since you asked...

had fun with this one the other day.

pretty much defines the 80's for me. Rockin' frivolity.

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    had fun with this one the other day.

pretty much defines the 80's for me. Rockin' frivolity.

Love The B-52's and Butterbeans

I live off 78 and this song runs through my head just about every time I have to go anywhere.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Colin Hay - Freedom Calling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7NBUdqUUo

If you hear a voice call out your name
    Saying you can stop yourself from falling
    And if he strikes you in his fear and shame
    Well you can leave him to his ruin

If your dreams they wake you in the night
    And your heart it is a-pounding
    If you cry out as you wake in your fright
    And the wind it is a-howling

Maybe it's time to find another place
    Where nobody even knows your face
    There is no need to be afraid
    For it's only freedom calling

If your tears begin to overflow
    As you walk against the undertow
    There is no need to be afraid
    For it's only freedom calling

If you're sad 'cause you're all alone
    And your hands they are a-shaking
    And your miracle cure's not working anymore
    And the flood bank's close to breaking

Suddenly you're on an open unknown road
    Passing all the heavy, long wide loads
    It is time to make your great escape
    And you can hear your freedom calling

I want to dive into the sea of love
    But my knees they are a-quaking
    I can see myself high up above
    And there's no time left for faking

I no longer need to understand
    What it is to truly be a man
    Only when I gave up on my masterplan
    Did I then hear freedom calling

Did I then hear freedom calling
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Life wants you..

Last edited by HVACTech; 10-22-2014 at 09:56 PM.

somebody needs to buy this girl a house.

Robin Beck is on the random play while I'm doing my A.M. work. Sigh. They don't make em like Robin any more. For shame...

Back to work now.

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Good random spin for morning chill. Gosh, I love that feature. You just never know what yer going to get. You know?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    UFO.....rare.. live.. 1973....imho..this is damn good.

Related:

Smart People Listen To Radiohead, Dumb People Listen To Beyoncé, Study Finds
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...A9-study-finds

Now you can substantiate to today’s generation why that '60s and '70s era’s music was objectively "better," as JPMorgan's CIO Michael Cembalest has previously noted, and furthermore, researchers also found that popular music has gotten a lot louder (as SAT scores have plunged.. hhmm?) However, as Consequence of Sound notes, a software application writer by the name of Virgil Griffith has charted musical tastes based on the average SAT scores of various college institutions... and the results are.. interesting. Bob Dylan, The Shins, Radiohead, and Counting Crows are the favorite bands of smart people. Meanwhile, Lil Wayne, Beyoncé, The Used, and gospel music comes in at the lower end of the spectrum — or, as Griffith puts it, is music for dumb people...
    That's raaaciss.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Ke$ha apparently has an IQ of a 140+ and scored 1500 on her SAT's.

I saw an interview of Beyonce before...she sounded really dumb.

But that may have just been her accent. She obviously knows how to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Related:

Smart People Listen To Radiohead, Dumb People Listen To Beyoncé, Study Finds
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...A9-study-finds
    What happens when someone listens to Radiohead *and* Beyoncé? Her latest album is unexpectedly amazing.

Seriously, for her to release something like this is highly unusual (but also wonderful):

Great instrumental:
    Last edited by Rothbardian Girl; 10-24-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

whew....

Perfect fall ambient... (the title here is misspelled, should be 'deer', not 'dear')

NSFW

LMAO
    And there's a great side B.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP, Jack

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    RIP, Jack

RIP
    Jack Bruce, Cream bassist, dies at 71

Jack Bruce, the Scottish bassist and singer best known for his work with 1960s hard rock pioneers Cream, died on Oct. 25 at his home in Suffolk, England. He was 71.

Bruce's death was announced by his family on his official website. No cause of death was cited. "It is with great sadness that we, Jack's family, announce the passing of our beloved Jack: husband, father, granddad and all 'round legend," the brief statement read.

Though he maintained substantial renown within musical circles both before and after his stint with Cream, the band's four-album run was nonetheless the commercial high point of Bruce's career. A supergroup composed of Bruce, Eric Clapton on guitar and Ginger Baker on drums, the band played a pivotal role in the development of hard rock and heavy metal, and along with fellow power trio the Jimi Hendrix Experience, set new standards for instrumental virtuosity in rock music.

Featuring Bruce on lead vocals, the band's originals like "Sunshine of Your Love," "White Room" and "I Feel Free" would quickly become standards, and the group's third album, "Wheels of Fire," was the first double-LP to go platinum, effectively legitimizing the format.

Cream was burdened by interpersonal combustion almost from the start, and the band broke up after a farewell tour and a fourth album, appropriately titled "Goodbye," was released in 1969. Bruce stayed extremely busy in the years following, recording solo album "Songs for a Tailor" that same year, forming another short-lived power trio, West, Bruce and Lang, in the early 1970s, and playing with everyone from John McLaughlin to Lou Reed and Frank Zappa.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...025-story.html