Page 197 of 219 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 6568

Thread: What are you listening to?

I’m sitting in a tavern having a beer right now. Neil Young “The Needle and the Damage Done” just played.

Hold.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Good comment I saw on Youtube:

It is utterly mind-blowing to me how much music there is in the world. Like i wouldn't even know how to categorize this like what genre would it be? And there seems to be infinite amounts of it! It isn't like the old days where a band cuts an album and you hear it on the radio or pick it up at the record store you know? Where do these artists and songs all come from? Other than YouTube like how would one discover it all?? Sadly I save things I come across and like to my playlists and as time goes on they get deleted, taken down, moved to private and no more! How would I ever find it again? There's too much to really learn by memory I mean I guess I could get a notebook and just start noting down the names/titles of *everything*.... even now as I type this I see to my right an entire list of other videos I have yet to play. Love it.

lol

As someone who binges on music from all over the world, I concur. I'm amazed at the endless variety and mixtures of different influences. I often notice strong similarities in ancient/traditional music. For instance, that droning note played with bagpipe music is like classical Indian sitar music. Here's some traditional Thai music and I could just as easily imagine this being guitars and a banjo:

It sounds to be a take on ‘Americana’ in a way… very original none the less.
    I can only assume that there is more talent out there that may never be discovered than we may ever know.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I can't stop...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Been listening to Boogie Woogie all day.

Composer: Frederic Chopin (strangely not mentioned in the title)...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I've got a few hours that I can bill against an outfit in Brisbane, so I'm listening to a "Bon Scott Years" playlist of AC/DC. Pretty sure you guys don't need a 'tube, but just in case, I've included one. I usually just play the list on random but start with this one...one of my favorites.

(they're pretty young here -- no pun intended)

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Been listening to Boogie Woogie all day.
    Love some good Boogie Woogie

Moving Into 2022 Thinking About...

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

One of the greatest to ever play the 5-string. RIP, J. D.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

-GLP poster

RIP Sidney
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Zepelin Gallows Pole , Hey Hey What Can I do , Hot Dog , In The Evening , When The Levee Breaks .....
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some new tracks from Bad Omens (new album dropping in Feb). NSFW.

This track is truly insane:

Reaction:

NSFW

Top comment:
    Dariel Macmac
    2 months ago
    I used to be a fan, but after hearing this masterpiece, I'm a whole air conditioner
    545 likes