Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's book: Abortion and Liberty now available for free online in .pdf

Exclamation Ron Paul's book: Abortion and Liberty now available for free online in .pdf

Download it here

Please Digg it here

This book has not been available until now. I got the book through inter-library loan and re-typed the whole thing to look exactly like the original. I also contacted the TX office for Dr. Paul and got permission to post it. I have had it done for a while but just now got permission today. I am also putting the finishing touches on his book Challenge to Liberty which is also about abortion and hasn't been available.

I encourage everyone no matter which side of the debate you fall on to read this short book by Dr. Paul. He argues from a libertarian perspective. Enjoy!

If you know people that are pro-life or who are thinking about supporting Huckabee, this will be a good item to persuade them with.

I will also send this to the folks at RonPaulLibrary.
    Last edited by crhoades; 12-28-2007 at 12:42 PM.
    "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
    -- Patrick Henry (speech in the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    shameless bump because this is already 4 pages deep and no one has viewed it. This could be huge!
    "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."

Wow, that's some amount of typing. No offense, but has anyone confirmed the accuracy of your recreation?
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

wow, bump for taking the time to type it up

evadmurd

WOW C Everett Koop wrote the forward. Maybe we need an endorsement.

NOTE: someone just caught a HUGE goof on the last page quote. Should be life - not lie. HUGE difference. Correcting it and reuploading. Any other errata will be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by crhoades View Post
    NOTE: someone just caught a HUGE goof on the last page quote. Should be life - not lie. HUGE difference. Correcting it and reuploading. Any other errata will be greatly appreciated!
    Reuploaded it. If you linked to it, it will be fine. If you have already downloaded it, please download it again. Thanks!

This needs to be posted on as many Christian message boards as possible.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Small error on page 16.

It reads:

The fetus, for certain legal purposes, is recognized as a person. A baby born with an injury caused y drugs or medical neglect has recourse in a court of law claiming damages.

"y" should be "by"

Nice job!

I did notice a typo on page 16 under the heading "Rights of a Fetus" the second sentence... "A baby born with an injury caused y drugs or medical neglect"

Quote Originally Posted by Politaction View Post
    Small error on page 16.

It reads:

The fetus, for certain legal purposes, is recognized as a person. A baby born with an injury caused y drugs or medical neglect has recourse in a court of law claiming damages.

"y" should be "by"
    LOL - you beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Politaction View Post
    Small error on page 16.

It reads:

"y" should be "by"
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_RP2008 View Post
    Nice job!

I did notice a typo on page 16 under the heading "Rights of a Fetus" the second sentence... "A baby born with an injury caused y drugs or medical neglect"
    Thanks! Fixed and reuploaded. The original link should have the error corrected.

Thoughts so far?

Bump for the 10:00 crowd

Download it here

Please Digg it here

/hi5 for typing it up
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]

Thank you for uploading this.

I think abortion should be legal in a very limited way (medical, rape, incest, and only to early 1st trimester), but he makes an excellent, clear, logical reason why there should be no need. This is a very good source to use for limited or no abortion. Please spread this to some of the Christian groups, they'll get more listeners if they quote facts rather than "It's a SIN!"

This is great and pretty much lines up exactly with arguments I've used many times before!

A few more suspected typo's:
    p.22 - Should read "The sTate of pregnancy is natural", not the "sate".
    p.29 - "this" starting the first complete paragraph on page should be capitalized.
    p.31 - "On e of the greatest . . . " should have "one" pulled together (I think there's an inadvertant space between the n & e.
    p.42 - In 2nd paragraph, "giving people . . . is not slaverY" instead of "slaver".

Thanks for typing this up!
    Steve

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd like to thank you without reservations, I've hand-typed books myself and I know how tough it can be to go back through your own typing looking for tiny errors.
    Truth never damages a cause that is just." --Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid American View Post
    This is great and pretty much lines up exactly with arguments I've used many times before!

A few more suspected typo's:
    p.22 - Should read "The sTate of pregnancy is natural", not the "sate".
    p.29 - "this" starting the first complete paragraph on page should be capitalized.
    p.31 - "On e of the greatest . . . " should have "one" pulled together (I think there's an inadvertant space between the n & e.
    p.42 - In 2nd paragraph, "giving people . . . is not slaverY" instead of "slaver".

Thanks for typing this up!
    Steve
    Thanks! All have been corrected and the file has been re-uploaded to the site if you want to redownload it. Great eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Shii View Post
    I'd like to thank you without reservations, I've hand-typed books myself and I know how tough it can be to go back through your own typing looking for tiny errors.
    Can't say it was the most fun thing I've ever done, but definitely rewarding. All for a couple of great causes.

Wow! I'm impressed!

Oh, and the digg link in your first post links to the book not to digg.

Quote Originally Posted by drexhex View Post
    Wow! I'm impressed!

Oh, and the digg link in your first post links to the book not to digg.
    Thanks for the heads up. It's now fixed. That explains the pitiful 25 diggs this has gotten. Come on folks, we need more diggs!

Just imagine how bad it was back in the day before they could print and everything had to be written by hand. Anyways bump for the hard work and making this resource available.

Sorry I didn't see this until now.

Bumped and Dug!

Impressive dedication!

I come with a typo tho

Page 5 (foreword), paragragh 2 , line :

"..and therefore is a the frontlines in the battle against abortion."

should read :

"..and therefore is at the frontlines in the battle against abortion."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ron Paul is THE Pro-Life Candidate

I'm posting this link in a number of comments sections for Catholic and other Christian web sites. Thanks!

One note: Firefox has a built-in spellchecker so if you install Firefox and copy and paste the data into any window (even the window of a forum such as this one) you'll be able to find a lot of mistakes because they'll be underlined in red.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crhoades View Post
    Download it here

Please Digg it here

This book has not been available until now. I got the book through inter-library loan and re-typed the whole thing to look exactly like the original. I also contacted the TX office for Dr. Paul and got permission to post it. I have had it done for a while but just now got permission today. I am also putting the finishing touches on his book Challenge to Liberty which is also about abortion and hasn't been available.

I encourage everyone no matter which side of the debate you fall on to read this short book by Dr. Paul. He argues from a libertarian perspective. Enjoy!

If you know people that are pro-life or who are thinking about supporting Huckabee, this will be a good item to persuade them with.

I will also send this to the folks at RonPaulLibrary.
    Great work man!! Spread this far and wide!!

great
    5*
    you needn't open every door in the asylum to realize that you are in a madhouse

Current and ex Alex Jones listeners
    Where do you place this guy vis-a-vis AJ ? 1 2

Guest: Eustace Mullins

Thank you for posting this.
    The Montana Revolution
    http://montanarevolution.org

Good read. Question about how his proposals to change would work in principal. I was discussing this with someone who said that the way he was going about it was unconstitutional. He is pro-life, but thought Paul's method would not work.

The second problem with Ron Paul's plan is one he no doubt hasn't considered: Even if sent to the individual states, the Constitution (as interpreted by the Supreme Court) remains the supreme law of the land. Even if you could somehow undercut Roe by removing federal jurisdiction, any state court is still under its strictures. Fundamental to our scheme is the notion that a state cannot abridge a constitutional right (since the 14th Amendment was ratified) ... Roe will still apply to each and every state. (A state can add rights not guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution, and many have. No state can abridge those rights.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast