Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul's book: Abortion and Liberty now available for free online in .pdf

Bump for the hard work.

Also to answer Gingko1, the constitution does not give you the right to an abortion, therefore if federal jurisdiction was removed, it would have to go through the courts again, and with conservative judges, Roe would be thrown out.

--Dustan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I never knew he wrote a book about abortion... bump. thanks for this.
    ------------Johann von Goethe------------

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free”

------------------------------------------------

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Heroic!

Thank you to the heroic individual who took it upon himself to type this up, clear it with Dr. Paul, and then upload it.

I was pro-abortion and pro-fiat money until Dr. Paul!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Seagraves View Post
    Thank you to the heroic individual who took it upon himself to type this up, clear it with Dr. Paul, and then upload it.

I was pro-abortion and pro-fiat money until Dr. Paul!!!
    Ron Paul is the hero, not me. Glad you enjoyed it. Be sure to pass it along. I have his other book on abortion that I'm currently working on as well. I know not every Paul supporter or libertarian is pro-life and I've seen some heated threads on this forum...I just wish that they would read Dr. Paul's book. He is an OBGYN and also argues from a libertarian and scientific position.
    "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
    -- Patrick Henry (speech in the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775)

kickass, thanks bro this should be interesting.

Excellent, we appreciate your hard work.

Thumbs up

Ron Paul Pwns the pro-infanticide crowd!

"This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage."

--Dr. Ron Paul

Downloaded and bump. I noticed the forward too
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Christian View Post
    Ron Paul Pwns the pro-infanticide crowd!

bump

Careful, looks like the bury brigade has found it because you included Ron Paul's name in the title. There are certain people on digg who apparently spend the entire day searching for pro-liberty submissions and burying them, or monitoring these forums to get a heads-up.
    reed311
    buried!

Wow, the guy never ceases to amaze me. The man uses bogus statistics, such as claiming that he has never heard of a woman becoming pregnant from being raped. I have worked as an attorney and I can tell you that I have seen several cases of a woman becoming pregnant from rape. It happens more often than he would like you to believe (he claims that no women become pregnant from rape). Furthermore, he puts the rights of a fetus above the privacy rights of a human being.

I am not shocked, however, as Ron Paul has said that the rule of God comes before the rule of man. This is the reason why he misinterprets the Constitution to fit his own Christian agenda. He has claimed that the Constitution is "replete with references to God" when, in reality, there are no references to God. He does this to spread misinformation and, as one Ron Paul supporter put it: "misinformation is evil". If he is not deliberately spreading misinformation, then he most certainly has never read the Constitution or he just completely doesn't understand what it is about.

The whole abortion issue is why I would never consider Ron Paul a Libertarian (among other things, such as voting 75% with the Republicans), as I feel a true Libertarian could never be against abortion as it is one of the fundamental rights to be left alone by our government.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Are we free to redistribute this or did Dr. Paul only give permission for it to be spread on this board.
    "If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking. Let the revolution begin." - Ron Paul The Revolution: A Manifesto

This will come in real handy in a few months.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

BUMP

This will come in VERY handy for 2012.

Bump. Please see my original post. This needs to go viral for Iowa. If anyone has connections to Drew Ivers, Doug Wead, or the campaign, please have them blog about this, post it, email it to pastors.

To those who haven't read it yet, give it a read. Enjoy!
    "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."

Bump. This should be sent to all churches in Iowa and south Carolina!

Just skimmed it. Truly a leader on the issue.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by crhoades View Post
    Download it here

Please Digg it here

This book has not been available until now. I got the book through inter-library loan and re-typed the whole thing to look exactly like the original. I also contacted the TX office for Dr. Paul and got permission to post it. I have had it done for a while but just now got permission today. I am also putting the finishing touches on his book Challenge to Liberty which is also about abortion and hasn't been available.

I encourage everyone no matter which side of the debate you fall on to read this short book by Dr. Paul. He argues from a libertarian perspective. Enjoy!

If you know people that are pro-life or who are thinking about supporting Huckabee, this will be a good item to persuade them with.

I will also send this to the folks at RonPaulLibrary.
    Read it yesterday and agree with Dr. Paul 99%.

The problem I have going to 100% is that the prohibition on ALL abortion cannot be substantiated in principle, but only as matters of practical difficulty. Allow me to explain.

In my view, a newly fertilized egg is indeed human life, but is it a human being? Any answer is eminently arguable and thus far I have not encountered an argument that establishes an apodictic and categorical answer. Therefore, the presumption that a fertilized egg is in fact a fully fledged human being cannot as yet be supported beyond refute. I just as firmly believe that a 5 month fetus is a human being. The fact that they fight for their lives during the procedure should make it blatantly clear to anyone of minimal intelligence and honesty that a small person is being attacked. This thought fills me with indescribable horror, by the way.

The problem in answering the whole abortion debate is twofold. First, we cannot thus far establish with certainty that a day-old fertilized human egg is in fact at human being. Second, if we one day establish for certain that it is not, yet accept that at some point a fetus indeed has become a human being in the most real sense, then how do we determine the cutoff point? Here, Dr. Paul addresses the issue with simple alacrity in pointing out that the differences between a fetus three months and one day old are indistinguishable from when it was three months minus one day old. This, of course, could be taken as a practical answer to the more philosophical question: because we cannot tell, we must always err on the side of life. I am an iota away from accepting this as being as good a solution as is humanly achievable at this time.

Consider, then, a few of the practical implications of the pro-life position, which are potentially VERY anti-liberty. Woman becomes pregnant and miscarries... or did she? Did she intentionally abort her fetus? What if she does not eat well and miscarries? Murder charges? What of drug and alcohol use? What about physical activities? Recall many years ago when Italian downhill skier Michaela Figini raced while pregnant. In the pro-life world, had she fallen and lost the baby, it is eminently conceivable that she would be charged with murder. Hopw about the diabetic who forgets her insulin and miscarries? Are we sure she forgot, and even if so, does that constitute negligent homicide?

And what of the pregnant woman who travels abroad and returns a week later, no longer pregnant and having not given birth? Shall she be investigated? Shall she be charged with murder? Are we going to maintain foreign pregnancy offices in other lands? How would that work? All pregnant American women required to register with the foreign offices upon entry and submit to examination just prior to leaving? These are very serious questions and American political behavior is generally so unfathomably stupid that nobody in their right mind would dismiss such scenarios as even unlikely, much less impossible. Just look at TSA with their hands all over womens' genitalia. Who would have thought America would come to such a low state of existence, yet here we are.

And what of womanly life in general? If we wish to walk this path to a logically extreme conclusion, then we have government potentially sniffing every woman's vagina daily to see whether she has conceived. Some will scoff at this as a reductio ad absurdum. Well, consider PATRIOT, it successors, and most recently NDAA 2012. Twenty or so years ago, anyone warning against the loom of extraordinary rendition and indefinite detention would have been laughed out of town as a paranoid conspiracy kook. What was considered impossible then is now our reality. There is NOTHING to suggest that this sort of thing would not creep into out lives in time. So where does one draw the line? If we agree that a one-day old egg must be protected with every national resource, then why would we not be up Missy's dress to check-see?

Dr. Paul's points of where to draw a line are very well taken, but I must likewise point out that the question cuts both ways. As we can see, contrary to Dr. Paul's assertion, there in fact IS a conflict between the rights of the embryo/fetus and the mother when the trip down this path leads to nosing about the woman's sex organs.

Dr. Paul makes very strongly reasoned points in favor of his position and I accept most of them. I also point out that he does not address any of the issues I have raised here and that I find a bit worrisome because in such issues where human rights are concerned, including potential violations by "the state", one must be completely circumspect and candid about the points that do not support one's position. Anything less permits the raising of questions of one's honesty or competence, mistakenly or otherwise.

I am the first to admit that I do not have all, if even any, of the answers. However, I do agree that if people are going to consensually engage in sexual relations they must be responsible for the results, come what may. This, however, does not account for all cases.

Were I a woman and the so-called government had its nose in my vagina, I would have to punch someone in the teeth. Pregnancy policing is not a mark of free society. It is just another slant on cheap tyranny. Likewise, the same may be said for murdering one's child.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

+1 good job. I'll read it later....for sure!
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

Thank you for making this available!

Is there any chance we can get a version without page numbers? This would make the conversion to a MOBI file (for reading on Kindle) much less tedious.

Thanks.

Why hasn't the campaign used this?

I will see if I can find my original word doc and send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Why hasn't the campaign used this?
    I sent it to Jack Hunter and he blogged it today!
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/1...-and-abortion/

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Read it yesterday and agree with Dr. Paul 99%.

The problem I have going to 100% is that the prohibition on ALL abortion cannot be substantiated in principle, but only as matters of practical difficulty. Allow me to explain.

In my view, a newly fertilized egg is indeed human life, but is it a human being? Any answer is eminently arguable and thus far I have not encountered an argument that establishes an apodictic and categorical answer. Therefore, the presumption that a fertilized egg is in fact a fully fledged human being cannot as yet be supported beyond refute.
    I have to humbly disagree - whether the "fertilized egg" is in fact a fully fledged human being is not the point. Let me be the first to ask you what the "fertilized egg" will become if left in the womb or implanted in the womb of another animal? A human! Embryo transplants are done all the time in the agricultural industry - implanting cattle or horse embryos into rabbits for transportation across long distances, and then re-implanting the embryo into the natural type parent once the rabbit arrives at the destination(saving on transportation costs). Just because the embryo lived for a while in the rabbit doesn't change the result to a rabbit. Granted, the embryo is usually re-implanted in a female of the original species, but the result is that the "fertilized horse egg" doesn't become a rabbit or cow when re-implanted. Nor would a horse embryo become a cow if implanted into a cow.
    Last edited by Chabbo; 04-10-2012 at 05:55 AM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump. Everyone should download this book and read it, agree or disagree. To me, it is the best application of liberty to the issue of abortion that I've read. Interesting too are the ways in which Ron argues against pro-abortion libertarians. Ron is my hero.

Also, everyone should read How Should We Then Live by Francis Schaeffer, which Ron recommends in the recommendations section.

Wow! Really looking forward to this. Thanks for taking the time to make it available.

Edit: Yes, I saw the date. If it weren't for the bump I never would have seen this.
    Any fate but submission.

Reading this book now and even as an atheist and a moderately pro-choice person, RP gives a very reasonable and convincing case. Very interesting. This should be spread more.
    [no longer a teenager]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast