Thread: Best Gateway Liberty Book for Christmas 2013

Best Gateway Liberty Book for Christmas 2013

Hello all!

I was trying to think of gifts that weren't socks for some of my relatives and I decided I wanted to get a gateway mind-opening earth-shattering liberty book as a gift for some family members. I have quite a collection of liberty books for myself, but mainly because I was interested in liberty to begin with. What do some of you suggest as the ultimate intro-to-liberty book? I would prefer if the author wasn't someone mainstream who people will already have pre-conceived thoughts of (most of my family are neo-cons). Thanks for your help.

PS Sorry this isn't in the Liberty books section, however if I had posted there I wouldn't have gotten replies until Christmas 2014.
    Last edited by DrHendricks; 12-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you looking for more foreign policy, economic, or civil liberty oriented material? Are they really the type to read books? I know my introduction to liberty was thanks to documentaries and books came later when I was more hardcore about it.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

Really good questions. I think foreign policy and light economics would be the best. Some relatives are definitely the reading type. But since you brought it up, I will definitely take a look at suggested documentaries!

Shameless bump. Need some ideas still!

IMO the best starter book for liberty is The Revolution: A Manifesto.

Judge Napolitano's, It is Dangerous to be Right When the Government is Wrong is a great read as well.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump