Thread: URGENT - OHIO - Ron Paul Needs Your Signature for Ballot Access, Now!!!!!!!!

URGENT - OHIO - Ron Paul Needs Your Signature for Ballot Access, Now!!!!!!!!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No Ron Paul On The Ballot In Ohio

There is only 70 hours left for action, and Ohio is SERIOUSLY lacking in signatures. If something serious doesn't happen SOON then RP wont be on the ballot in the state with 4th highest delegates this yr (88)
    Please help!!!
    Edit/Delete Message

why did the meetup there let this happen?

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/151/messag...thread=3972936

We are doing a good job getting petitions signed across the state. There are some trouble spots but those issues I believe will be resolved. A few last things we need to do before this is over.

1 - validate signatures
    2 - deliver the petitions

1 - Everyone who circulates a petition please validate they signed in the correct district and are not a democrat using our voter query tool on www.ohio4ronpaul.com. We may need some people to work with Doug in Reynoldsburg to do some validation over the few days too.

2 - WE WILL NEED DEDICATED DRIVERS to deliver petitions. You can get paid for this, I think 45 cents per mile. Here is the proposed plan

- on Jan 1 we need people in each district to pick up any petitions that have not been mailed to Doug in Reynoldsburg.
    - On Jan 2 the driver needs to pick up any petitions at Doug's house in Reynoldsburg (columbus area) for their district. This is probably also a good time to do some validation.
    - No later than the morning of Jan 3 all the petitions collected should be filed with the LOCAL county board of elections in your district. This gives us 24 hrs to correct some mistakes because the true deadline is Jan 4. The locations of the local CBE will be posted soon.

We should probably have some standby drivers too.

We need people to commit to doing this now. This is it, this is the final stretch, we need to do this and do it well, then we will have Dr. Paul on the ballot. Please contact me if you can help or if you can get someone who is willing to help. We need to cover all districts.

thanks, Joe
    Last edited by jb4ronpaul; 12-24-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Talked to my friend Parke in OH and he confirmed that there is no sence of urgency. That it is "under control" so to speak. Which seems to confirm jb4ronpaul's post. We are counting on you guys! Keep up the good work.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have about 800 of the needed 3000 state delegate signatures and 350 of the needed 3000 state alternate delegate signatures. District 18 has about 30 (including the 12 I collected today) of the needed 150. Several other districts have less then 50 of the needed 150.

Things do not look "under control" from out here in the hinterlands of Ohio.

-V-
    The Revolution will not be Televised.
    ------------------
    The Revolution Will Be DIGITIZED!

Quote Originally Posted by VicVixvi View Post
    We have about 800 of the needed 3000 state delegate signatures and 350 of the needed 3000 state alternate delegate signatures. District 18 has about 30 (including the 12 I collected today) of the needed 150. Several other districts have less then 50 of the needed 150.

Things do not look "under control" from out here in the hinterlands of Ohio.

-V-
    where'd you get your numbers from?

we only need 1000 for the at large, not 3000.... and 50 from each district, not 150

we are fine in ohio

Quote Originally Posted by hellah10 View Post

we only need 1000 for the at large, not 3000.... and 50 from each district, not 150

we are fine in ohio
    3000 and 150 are the goals we have set so we have wiggle room. 1000/50 are the minimums. The more signatures we have the better insurance we have.

if everyone keeps working like we have been we should be very close to meeting those goals. we have a few trouble spots that are being addressed. keep working on those signatures though. we can't have too many signatures. we have a timeline that allows us to weed out the bad ones before submitting.

Quote Originally Posted by hellah10 View Post

we are fine in ohio
    Directly from http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com -- Below is a copy/paste of two minutes ago. Note the 3000 in "At-large goal". This is where I'm getting my figures from.

-V-

Petition signature # status:
    ***Petition: Delegate total - Alternate total - Original total***

*At-large goal: 3000 - 3000 - 2
    At-large: 853 - 483 - 0

*CD # goal: 150 - 150 - 2
    CD 1: 64 - 12 - 0
    CD 2: 144 - 140 - 0
    CD 3: 107 - 109 - 0
    CD 4: 205 - 205 - 0
    CD 5: 79 - 79 - 0
    CD 6: 56 - 58 - 0
    CD 7: 32 - 32 - 0
    CD 8: 103 - 93 - 0
    CD 9: 15 - 15 - 0
    CD 10: 49 - 49 - 0
    CD 11: 17 - 83 - 2
    CD 12: 115 - 111 - 0
    CD 13: 85 - 0 - 0
    CD 14: 152 - 145 - 0
    CD 15: 95 - 89 - 0
    CD 16: 35 - 35 - 0
    CD 17: 68 - 61 - 0
    CD 18: 15 - 0 - 1
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jb4ronpaul View Post
    3000 and 150 are the goals we have set so we have wiggle room. 1000/50 are the minimums. The more signatures we have the better insurance we have.

if everyone keeps working like we have been we should be very close to meeting those goals. we have a few trouble spots that are being addressed. keep working on those signatures though. we can't have too many signatures. we have a timeline that allows us to weed out the bad ones before submitting.

Oh, thank the godz! I can breathe now. I have been absolutely sick about this and have taken Wednesday & Thursday off this week to collect signatures.

peace (and Merry Christmas)
    -V-
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by VicVixvi View Post
    Oh, thank the godz! I can breathe now. I have been absolutely sick about this and have taken Wednesday & Thursday off this week to collect signatures.

peace (and Merry Christmas)
    -V-
    don't be sick about it. 18 is a little weak, but I have spoken to 2 people who are working on getting more people out the next couple of days in 18. the big problem with 18 is we don't have the alternate petition even done yet. However I think we will get that done and bring paid people in for that one since it will be last minute. Please continue to collect as many signatures as you can, we can't have too many. It will give us greater insurance. best not to take risks.