After our second wildly successful moneybomb, I know that many of us are low on our favorite ammo (Federal Reserve Notes). But we must reload quickly for the New Year's Eve Surge, where we will put Ron over the $20 million mark. Here are some tips to help you build up your ammo reserves for December 31:
The most important thing to do is to pay yourself first. When you get your paycheck, immediately put aside how much you want to save. This way you won't be tempted to spend it and you will force yourself to save. Work extra hours if you can, it's a really easy way to make some extra cash. Here are some more tips to help you save up to pay off the credit card:
1. Food: these expenses can easily get out of hand. DON'T EAT FAST FOOD. Don't eat out, make your own food: it's cheaper and healthier. Make your own lunch for school/work, and avoid buying prepared foods, coffee and snacks. Make your own coffee. Stop drinking soda. When buying groceries, don't buy junk food (pop, chips, ice cream). Avoid buying ready to eat foods; buy more basic staple ingredients. Great website: http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com
2. House: conserve heat by keeping the thermostat lower, and turn it down 5 degrees overnight. Buy window insulation plastic for winter. Take shorter showers.
3. Communications: cancel your cable or satellite, YouTube is better. Get a cheaper phone plan, or cancel your land line and use cell only. Use Skype for long distance calling, its free.
4. Transportation: Carpool, bicycle, bus, or just don't go out as often. Try to do things locally. Check your tire pressure (low pressure = poor mileage).
5. Entertainment: make Ron Paul campaigning your entertainment. Join or start a Meetup, go canvassing, become a delegate. Instead of going out, watch a documentary or read a book about the Federal Reserve or monetary policy. Still go out when you can get alot RP exposure, such as at sporting events - bring a big RP sign.
6. Christmas: keep your holiday spending low. Instead of buying more gifts, save the money to rescue your country. Make a Tea Party donation as a gift to a Paul supporter. Ask your family that your gifts be Tea Party donations and tell them nothing would please you more. Even better, have a 'Buy Nothing' Christmas and send it all to Paul.
7. Other: sell some stuff (ebay, yard sale, trade in cd/dvds/books), work extra hours, rake leaves or shovel snow, give plasma, cash out your vacation time, round up aluminum cans (most cities have places you can get .60 cents a pound)