Thread: National Ledger article: Upcoming Meet The Press with Ron Paul

Post National Ledger article: Upcoming Meet The Press with Ron Paul

Glad there's some attention of the upcoming interview

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...72617850.shtml

Showdown: Ron Paul vs. Tim Russert on NBC's Meet the Press--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Lynda Johnson
    Dec 22, 2007

Republican dark horse candidate Ron Paul will finally get his shot at making some headway on a nationally televised network show. He will sit for an hour long one on one question and answer session with veteran political reporter Tim Russert. Expect the questions to be pointed and difficult.

Showdown: Ron Paul vs. Tim Russert on Meet the Press (NBC)

Russert is usually a fair interviewer but he has a good staff and digs deep to try and catch candidates off guard. He poses tough questions and even made a few headlines of his own earlier this year when he nailed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on the now defunct drivers license for illegal immigrants plan that was pushed by New York governor Elliott Spitzer.

Russert pushed Hillary to the limit and made her look foolish as she stumbled and bumbled her way through the answers. Her husband Bill would later complain that Russert was too tough on hi "unflappable" wife and in a conference call later in the week one Hillary supporter would say that Russert 'needs to be shot" for asking Hillary anything difficult.

That's the guy that Dr. Paul will face Sunday morning. Russert will have more than a few ways he will allow the interview to proceed, but he will also have more than one questions designed for that "gotcha' moment. I believe he will be fair, but he will also be tough as nails. This will not be a repeat of the Glenn beck CNN one hour special earlier this week.

Russert is a pro, Ron Paul will need to bring his "A-game." Times for the broadcast are here. Set the TiVo, this could be one of those moments you don't want to miss.

My prediction

Ron Paul = Truth
    Tim Russert = Mop
    Meet the Press = The Floor

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    get ready to add russert to the revolution

Let RP own him like he just did with that Fox News guy on the White Supremacist money donation.

Go Ron Paul 2008!

I'm guessing Russert will ask him about funding the government after Paul gets rid of the IRS and replaces it with nothing. There's some Washington Post site called "Fact Checker" and they had a little thing about Ron Paul, and it said something about the IRS providing the government with $1.2 trillion, and said Ron would have a large budget gap.

Washington Post, owned by NBC, which basically is MSNBC. So it's likely he'll ask about that.

Russert is tough but he's not a Faux News-style d**k. Still, Paul best get a good night's sleep and eat his Wheaties in the morning -- he needs to be at the top of his game. Go Ron!

Everyone say a prayer for Ron Paul and for the truth to shine like a beacon...this is the future of our country and the future of the world!

Email these suggestions to the campaign HQ tonight if you think it'll be important. Don't assume that the HQ will necessarily be perfectly prepared and anticipatory of every possible question!

Another issue I think Russert may raise is the racist newsletter issue, which he has replied to before. An easy refutation is to stick with the line he's given in the past (it was written by a ghostwriter but he takes "moral responsibility" for not having paid more attention to what was being written) and point out that he's responded to the issue many times before already. The newspaper moreover supported Paul's decision not to give the identity of the ghostwriter because the expressed position was so far from his views, and that the NYT just this year agreed. Furthermore, he could point out that one of the possible running mates he spoke about back in March was African-American Economist (Walter E. Williams), and point to his views on individualism - treating individuals solely as individuals and ignoring completely religious, ethnic, and philosophical background.

Now who has Lew Moore's email, or other campaign managers' emails?

Their phone # is 703-248-9115 and there's a contact form here as well: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

Are you referring to this "Fact Checker"?:

Ron Paul Faces $1.1 Trillion Budget Shortfall
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-...llion_bud.html

Here are several more "Fact Check" sites that are quite interesting:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-...ates/ron_paul/
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ties/ron-paul/
    http://www.factcheck.org/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am hoping Ron is getting a good night sleep. That is for looks only ("a beauty sleep"). As for content, he is going to nail it, no doubt. He's been "practicing" for more than 30 years.

The more tough the questions, the better!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Bring it on Russy RP has been saying the same thing for 30 years and he ain't about to stop now. The harder the questions the more honest and principled RP looks when he gives a straight forward answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post
    I'm guessing Russert will ask him about funding the government after Paul gets rid of the IRS and replaces it with nothing. There's some Washington Post site called "Fact Checker" and they had a little thing about Ron Paul, and it said something about the IRS providing the government with $1.2 trillion, and said Ron would have a large budget gap.

Washington Post, owned by NBC, which basically is MSNBC. So it's likely he'll ask about that.
    The Washington Post isn't owned by NBC.
    Ron Paul's best political writing? (link)

"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
    -Robert A. Heinlein

I dare Tim Russert to catch Ron Paul unexpected. Because so far, every question that Ron Paul has been asked have been the same things over and over again.
    "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man or ask another man to live for mine." - The Objectivist Oath, given by John Galt in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

I can just see it.

Russert: "Someone once said, "(Insert well constructed, pointed, argument)""

Paul: "I said that on May 24th 1998 while addressing congress regarding (insert topic)"

Russert: "Oh, yeah..........yes, you did. Alright then.....lets move along...."

The interview will not be the full hour. Because you know, it doesn't take very long to go into detail over monetary policy and foreign policy.

I despise Russert.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?