Thread: Using tools to get everyone more connected.

Using tools to get everyone more connected.

I think we need to work on using more efficient methods to keep in contact and inform everyone of important things. The hardest way would be have a special program that we could each install and then the base website would send out the notification, a bubble would then pop up on your task bar. The easiest would have a database of instant messenger user names where the base website could send everyone an instant message instantly.

In addition, each of our websites could have a widget that links all of our websites into a network. It could list important news that the base website sends out.

This can not only get us more organized as grassroots, but a step to organize as an unstoppable movement.
    Last edited by literatim; 12-21-2007 at 04:42 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would involve myself with any programs like that.
    Founder and leader of the militant wing of the Salvation Army.

What we need is a mashup site which connects our MeetUps, MySpace, Facebook, Digg, YouTube into a single elegant point of contact.... hm.. I've written against the Facebook API in PHP, Ruby, and J2EE... so if somebody starts this I'd contribute.
    Last edited by rrcamp; 12-21-2007 at 04:52 AM.

In order to deal with the problem of having everyones email address or IM on one list, and essentially everyone getting too many emails... we should set up regional organizers that can sift through which messages to send out to the regional group.

For instance.

Guy A has an idea or need, and needs the support of the entire grassroots movement. Guy A contacts his regional organizer. His regional organizer looks at the importance of the email and if he deems it important enough he then forwards it on to the other regional organizers. The other regional organizers then review his message and make a decision whether it is important enough to send to their regional group.

This way we have a built in filter that can stop all of the SPAM that would result from a universal CC list. Each regional organizer would have the contact list for only their region and the other regional organizers.

If the message were important enough like the blimp funding or the teaparty then it would get through to the whole group.

Someone needs to set up a website asking for contact info from paul supporters... and maybe get someone reputable behind it so people dont think it is just some phishing site....we could mount a campaign to email all myspace, facebook, etc places asking everyone to visit the website to enter their contact info. Once the contact info is obtained then we can proceed or finish with picking regional organizers.
    Last edited by ionlyknowy; 12-21-2007 at 04:58 AM.

You can't get too many instant messages if only one website database has your IM.

nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 11-11-2009 at 07:31 PM.