Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blimp Questions

Question Blimp Questions

If the money goal is not reached then when does the blimp stop flying? Hasn't it only been in the air for three days or so? Will it still make it to NH regardless, even if can't stay until the primary?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
    If the money goal is not reached then when does the blimp stop flying? Hasn't it only been in the air for three days or so? Will it still make it to NH regardless, even if can't stay until the primary?
    The Airship Company has been very flexible in accommodating the rental of the Blimp for the Ron Paul message. I cannot give you an exact cutoff due to the late launch and the additional funds supporters have supplied (thank you everyone who sponsored!) We do have a few more days available for the Blimp with the current funding. I regret I cannot give you a definitive answer and that word will need to come from Katharine, the project coordinator. That answer should be available in the next couple of days. I know everyone would like an immediate answer but she, and the other Blimp Team members, are working to keep the Blimp flying and will answer as soon as their schedules allow.

Please know that NO funds are going or have gone to Katharine, Trevor, Elijah or Daniel. They are paying their travel, lodging, meal and other expenses out of their own pockets. They have set the priority of keeping the Airship Company paid so that the Blimp message can continue for as long as possible.

The needs are immediate... if you are planning to sponsor and support the Blimp NOW would be a great time.

I am trying to convince myself to donate some. I wish they would update the blog daily, and keep us informed on what's going on. It sounds like they are all REALLY busy, but how long does it take to type a 2 paragraph blog?

If they need help keeping everyone informed on stuff, maybe they could find a volunteer?

Or are they informing us sufficiently, but I'm not looking in the right spot to find the information?

Quote Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post
    I am trying to convince myself to donate some. I wish they would update the blog daily, and keep us informed on what's going on. It sounds like they are all REALLY busy, but how long does it take to type a 2 paragraph blog?

If they need help keeping everyone informed on stuff, maybe they could find a volunteer?

Or are they informing us sufficiently, but I'm not looking in the right spot to find the information?
    The Blog was updated yesterday ==> http://ondecember16th.com/archives/c.../uncategorized

The new entries just don't show up on the blog Homepage...
    Beat Vote Fraud - Video your Vote!!!

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come."

- Dr Ron Paul

"Don't Fight City Hall, when you can BE City Hall"

G. Edward Griffin

Energy Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Stanley Meyers

Health Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Dr Richard Schulze

The blimp will find its rhythm. Soon. Have faith.

Thx for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pedersen View Post
    The blimp will find its rhythm. Soon. Have faith.
    I think we are doing pretty good considering the Blimp isn't normally flown around in Winter...
    Beat Vote Fraud - Video your Vote!!!

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come."

- Dr Ron Paul

"Don't Fight City Hall, when you can BE City Hall"

G. Edward Griffin

Energy Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Stanley Meyers

Health Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Dr Richard Schulze

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
    I think we are doing pretty good considering the Blimp isn't normally flown around in Winter...
    They should forget about New Hampshire and cruise the coastline of South Carolina and then move on to Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Benaiah View Post

There is only a limited staff actually doing the work to keep the Blimp flying. It really boils down to five core individuals and a couple of dedicated, but part time, volunteers. Time is a precious commodity and it evaporates very quickly. Answering questions on the forums, updating the website & blog all take time. There are numerous logistical issues and those must be addresses first. The limited staff is doing their best to keep everyone informed while handling the daily operations. Time goes quickly and they are working overtime. There is a limit to what can be done and I think everyone on this small team is giving their best effort. There are several related projects we would like to do but the resources are just not there. The focus is to keep the Blimp flying and get as much exposure as possible for the Ron Paul message.

Several people have volunteered or applied to help the Blimp project. In assembling any team there is a mix of skills needed. There is also the issue of getting the right people... the necessary skills, the proper motivation, the willingness to work for this project with no pay. Then there is the issue of selecting those people. This takes more time which is currently not available as the Blimp Team is doing their utmost to keep the Blimp flying.

It all boils down to the resources available... the short time period to get this project started, the limited financial resources for workers & their expenses, the normal issues with selecting the right team members, the proximity of the early primaries. All of these are factors and the Blimp Team is putting in long hours and making personal and financial sacrifices which are not generally known.

We are doing the best we can with limited resources... and when I say “limited resources” no one who has sponsored the Blimp should be offended. We appreciate the fact that you have made monetary sacrifices for this project. Please keep in mind that most of the sponsorship money has gone to renting the Blimp... there is currently none left for the Blimp Team that is making this all happen.

Remember... the Blimp is in the Air and that's... well, Amazing, Amazing! See some Blimp Videos
    I hope you will help keep her there.

Last edited by Tarzan; 12-21-2007 at 02:52 AM.

Any chance for some sort of "extension" for the plans to keep the blimp in the air until the NH primaries? By that I mean a few extra days of fundraising? I think the impact of the blimp is becoming more apparent now and fundraising is obviously ticking up.

I'm doubtful that the Blimp will be in the air past January and the week of Super Tuesday at most, so perhaps set some more viable benchmarks that show where the community needs to get to, in order to keep it flying?

Great work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaul001 View Post
    Any chance for some sort of "extension" for the plans to keep the blimp in the air until the NH primaries? By that I mean a few extra days of fundraising? I think the impact of the blimp is becoming more apparent now and fundraising is obviously ticking up.

I'm doubtful that the Blimp will be in the air past January and the week of Super Tuesday at most, so perhaps set some more viable benchmarks that show where the community needs to get to, in order to keep it flying?
    I think it is strictly a matter of funding... if we can get enough funds to secure the Blimp then we can keep it flying. We have to remember that the Airship Company is a business... that owning and operating these airships is an expensive proposition. Our best option is to be able to show a longer term commitment (rather than short term extensions) so we can continue to rent the airship. As a business the Airship Company needs to pay their people and maintain their equipment. It would be unwise for them to allow anyone to rent from them on a short term basis... rather than a long term basis. They would be taking a major financial risk to pass up a long term contract from another organization in lieu of short term rental on a hap hazard basis.

My thought is that we need to make a firm commitment, at least on the order of a monthly commitment and payment, rather than facing the possibility of ending the Ron Paul Blimp message. I think any business owner would have the same sentiments... a guaranteed, long-term rental of the Blimp would be in their, and our, best interests.

[Admin - remove insulting post against forum members ]
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-21-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chestertime View Post
    I think the last bit of CT's post has great merit. There are a host of activities we need to responsibly perform to get Ron Paul elected. A multifaceted approach is CRITICAL to achieving a victory. We all need to devote ourselves to projects which best suit our capabilities.

As to the first bit... I have to disagree strongly! To ignore the exposure the Blimp is receiving, and the success it is achieving in raising Ron Paul awareness, is not reasonable. The Blimp launched one week ago and has already garnered reports from the MSM… each making Ron Paul’s name better known. The Blimp does not prevent any of us in participating in other activities. In fact, while many have helped sponsor the Blimp, very few people are directly involved in the operations of this project. This means most of us have time to devote to other projects of our choosing.

The personal attacks suggest to me that CT may have other motives or a personal agenda regarding the Blimp or its Team members. You will want to make your own decision but I think CT needs to follow his own advise and devote his time elsewhere.

The Blimp and our other efforts will ALL be necessary for us to be successful in our efforts to get Ron Paul elected President.
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-21-2007 at 12:17 PM.

On reviewing CTs posts I find that he has been a vehement Blimp detractor since the project began in earnest in mid-November. I have elected to IGNORE his posts as they are a distraction and a distuption to efforts to keep the Blimp flying. This sub-forum was setup to help provide planning and information regarding the Blimp. This does not appear to be his intent.

Did you know you can put a user on your personal Ignore List?

Then, their messages will appear to you like this:
    "This message is hidden because OFFENDING_USER_NAME is on your ignore list. "

You can do this by:
    1. clicking on the OFFENDING_USER_NAME at the top right of their post...
    2. click "View Public Profile"...
    3. Selecting "add OFFENDING_USER_NAME to your ignore list" on the dark blue bar near the top right of the screen.
    4. Click on "Save List" to update your Ignore List Settings

I have found this quite useful and it really cleans up the thread and makes it easier to read.

As the description for the Ron Paul Blimp Sub-Forum states: "Planning and information on the Ron Paul blimp project"
    Last edited by Tarzan; 12-21-2007 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    There is only a limited staff actually doing the work to keep the Blimp flying. It really boils down to five core individuals and a couple of dedicated, but part time, volunteers. Time is a precious commodity and it evaporates very quickly. Answering questions on the forums, updating the website & blog all take time. There are numerous logistical issues and those must be addresses first. The limited staff is doing their best to keep everyone informed while handling the daily operations. Time goes quickly and they are working overtime. There is a limit to what can be done and I think everyone on this small team is giving their best effort. There are several related projects we would like to do but the resources are just not there. The focus is to keep the Blimp flying and get as much exposure as possible for the Ron Paul message.

Several people have volunteered or applied to help the Blimp project. In assembling any team there is a mix of skills needed. There is also the issue of getting the right people... the necessary skills, the proper motivation, the willingness to work for this project with no pay. Then there is the issue of selecting those people. This takes more time which is currently not available as the Blimp Team is doing their utmost to keep the Blimp flying.

It all boils down to the resources available... the short time period to get this project started, the limited financial resources for workers & their expenses, the normal issues with selecting the right team members, the proximity of the early primaries. All of these are factors and the Blimp Team is putting in long hours and making personal and financial sacrifices which are not generally known.

We are doing the best we can with limited resources... and when I say “limited resources” no one who has sponsored the Blimp should be offended. We appreciate the fact that you have made monetary sacrifices for this project. Please keep in mind that most of the sponsorship money has gone to renting the Blimp... there is currently none left for the Blimp Team that is making this all happen.

Remember... the Blimp is in the Air and that's... well, Amazing, Amazing! See some Blimp Videos
    I hope you will help keep her there.

Well said, I understand completely. I get the feeling the blimp team is breaking thier backs for this project and risking ALOT. Again I thank them.
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    The Airship Company has been very flexible in accommodating the rental of the Blimp for the Ron Paul message. I cannot give you an exact cutoff due to the late launch and the additional funds supporters have supplied (thank you everyone who sponsored!) We do have a few more days available for the Blimp with the current funding. I regret I cannot give you a definitive answer and that word will need to come from Katharine, the project coordinator. That answer should be available in the next couple of days. I know everyone would like an immediate answer but she, and the other Blimp Team members, are working to keep the Blimp flying and will answer as soon as their schedules allow.

Please know that NO funds are going or have gone to Katharine, Trevor, Elijah or Daniel. They are paying their travel, lodging, meal and other expenses out of their own pockets. They have set the priority of keeping the Airship Company paid so that the Blimp message can continue for as long as possible.

The needs are immediate... if you are planning to sponsor and support the Blimp NOW would be a great time.

You sound like you have an inside track to information. How are you associated with this project?

I've always thought he's the part of the crew?

Let's make it happen I hope that they are really busy because the Blimp idea is a great one and could be very useful and already has been wherever it has been!

Exclamation GO RON PAUL BLIMP and BLIMP TEAM

Once more, I am compelled to comment that the blimp team has done wonders, and the naysayers that have popped up here really p*** me off.
    If you don't think the blimp is a good thing, just go away. Far away. Go dedicate a few weeks of your own life and do something even more spectacular for the RP campaign. It would be wonderful. I would send you some money too, for the right project.
    RP has enough enemies in the MSM and power structure without plants/trolls/inveterate negative neurotics making fun of and generally dissing some of his most ardent and productive supporters.
    And, as has been pointed out, how about the complainers' contributions?
    Lets keep score: I, while unable to do anything as great as the blimp project, have:
    donated as much as I could on Nov 5th, Nov30th, and Dec 16th,
    attended 5 sign waving/literature drops (in freezing Michigan weather, worked a 3 day gun show booth, personally found placements for 8 4x8 signs on MI highways, given out hundreds of slim jims, reserved, paid for, and will help staff a booth at another huge gunshow this weekend, called my relatives in other states to support Paul, rounded up enough RP supporters to outnumber the other attendees at the local GOP monthly meeting, etc etc.
    In other words, all you whiners and bitchers, put up or shut up.
    As usual, and in the spirit of the season.
    Kevin Mackey

Quote Originally Posted by chestertime View Post
    Who is the burger flipper? Is that me?
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-21-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin m View Post
    Once more, I am compelled to comment that the blimp team has done wonders, and the naysayers that have popped up here really p*** me off.
    If you don't think the blimp is a good thing, just go away. Far away. Go dedicate a few weeks of your own life and do something even more spectacular for the RP campaign. It would be wonderful. I would send you some money too, for the right project.
    RP has enough enemies in the MSM and power structure without plants/trolls/inveterate negative neurotics making fun of and generally dissing some of his most ardent and productive supporters.
    And, as has been pointed out, how about the complainers' contributions?
    Lets keep score: I, while unable to do anything as great as the blimp project, have:
    donated as much as I could on Nov 5th, Nov30th, and Dec 16th,
    attended 5 sign waving/literature drops (in freezing Michigan weather, worked a 3 day gun show booth, personally found placements for 8 4x8 signs on MI highways, given out hundreds of slim jims, reserved, paid for, and will help staff a booth at another huge gunshow this weekend, called my relatives in other states to support Paul, rounded up enough RP supporters to outnumber the other attendees at the local GOP monthly meeting, etc etc.
    In other words, all you whiners and bitchers, put up or shut up.
    As usual, and in the spirit of the season.
    Kevin Mackey
    After fits and starts; the blimp had an AWESOME day yesterday...beautiful blue skies, clear visibility over a MAJOR metropolitan area; people stopping their cars to stare at the blimp; media people on board, with other meida people DYING to get on board. I kind of wish we had spent a little less time obsessing about records on December 16th (which haven't really proven to amount to anything); because now people are too tapped out to support either Jeremiah Black OR the Ron Paul Blimp, both of which are tools that can be translated to ACTUAL VOTES on Primary days...a strategic mistake; IMHO. We need a MERE $100,000 to keep the outstanding Black TV ads running AND the outstanding PR tool known as 'The Blimp' flying...these should BOTH be PRIORITY #1 today!

Just wondering as there is an alloted amount of "air time" built into the contract, would reducing air time right now to say one or two days a week allow the blimp to push its time frame back towards the primaries because money wouldn't be wasted on pilot and crew payments. This would also be handy in giving time for whatever legal matters are pending to be worked out because many people are holding out till there is official word of the new companies structure.

[QUOTE=MindStalker;687435]Just wondering as there is an alloted amount of "air time" built into the contract, would reducing air time right now to say one or two days a week allow the blimp to push its time frame back towards the primaries because money wouldn't be wasted on pilot and crew payments. This would also be handy in giving time for whatever legal matters are pending to be worked out because many people are holding out till there is official word of the new companies structure.[/QUOTE

Your kidding. right..................

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your kidding. right..................

Not really, or at least doing some spend as you go, airtime used equivalent to the speed of donations coming in. We don't want to be grounded permanently is all I'm saying.

But I'm not a manager, I was just wondering if such an idea was possible. I know people are holding out now that the Liberty LLC is gone till the legal announcement is made.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow26 View Post
    After fits and starts; the blimp had an AWESOME day yesterday...beautiful blue skies, clear visibility over a MAJOR metropolitan area; people stopping their cars to stare at the blimp; media people on board, with other meida people DYING to get on board. I kind of wish we had spent a little less time obsessing about records on December 16th (which haven't really proven to amount to anything); because now people are too tapped out to support either Jeremiah Black OR the Ron Paul Blimp, both of which are tools that can be translated to ACTUAL VOTES on Primary days...a strategic mistake; IMHO. We need a MERE $100,000 to keep the outstanding Black TV ads running AND the outstanding PR tool known as 'The Blimp' flying...these should BOTH be PRIORITY #1 today!
    Are you a blimp employee?

In the nature of full transparency, I think all people who will be earning salaries or any monies from the blimp project, should identify themselves as such, when they post here. Does that sound fair?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

In the nature of full transparency, I think all people who will be earning salaries or any monies from the blimp project, should identify themselves as such, when they post here. Does that sound fair?
    LOL...no...just someone who believes that the blimp is a very effective PR tool. Moot point now, anyway...weather and repair issues are forcing the blimp south again.

Totally! Could all the people getting paid by other campaigns or coming from Wonkette and RedState to interfere with the Blimp project identify themselves too? [as if we didn't know who they were ]. That would be REALLY fair! And transparent even...

You sound like you have an inside track to information. How are you associated with this project?
    I am a volunteer and I am not getting, and will not accept, any money from the Blimp project. I am helping with graphics and logistical information and answering questions I can on the forum.

Just out of curiosity, if I donate another $50 today and we don't make the goal, what happens to the donation.

Thanks guys - I definitely believe in the blimp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast